Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Go Tom Tom Help

neilylew

First post so go easy on me, apologies if these issues have been answered elsewhere:

The phone volume is very low and only seems to only come out of the left hand side of the car, can this be altered?

I cannot read the mobile phones inbox messages on the Tom Tom icon is greyed out. How do you get this to work?

Many thanks

First post so go easy on me, apologies if these issues have been answered elsewhere:

The phone volume is very low and only seems to only come out of the left hand side of the car, can this be altered?

I cannot read the mobile phones inbox messages on the Tom Tom icon is greyed out. How do you get this to work?

Many thanks

Hello and welcome to TOC

The answers should all be found in the comprehensive manual that you should have received when you collected the car from your dealer.

With a car so new, the dealer should be able to set up the system for you if you are not able to understand the sometimes complex instructions in the manual

Hope that you manage to get it working to your satisfaction!

AFAIK you can only adjust Phone Volume through the TomTom when it's actually sending through sound from the Phone.

Reading Text messages needs to be supported by your phone too: I have a TBH Bury CC9060 in my Aygo that

can also read Text messages and emails, but my iPhone doesn't support that feature so it doesn't work.

As for the sound only coming over one speaker, I'm not sure if this can be setup.

Might be a switch on the MuteBox beneath the radio, but could be software too...

well im normally a bit of a whiz with anything phone related since its my job .. but i cant seem to do the same with my iPhone ... im also having difficulty hooking it up in the glove box as it comes up with a blue screen

neilylew and WAYNEOFLEEDS, what kind of phones do you guys use?

im on an iPhone 4.

the sat nav doesnt seem to be able to play anything that has video files on it.. i have music videos and inbetweeners on my phone and causes everything to go blue screen with sound.

then when i plug in an ipod nano 6th gen it works fine.. no video files

for the data services and text message service your phone must support bluetooth DUN(which iphones dont and android phones dont out of the box). If you have an android phone you can use PDAnet to enable these services, it can be found in the android market. If you have an iPhone its a trip down to the local carphone warehouse and replace it with something decent :).

As for music ive tried everything and anything with my aygo. Ive found my Desire will play music off the phones SD card via the Go's usb connection only if music is stored on the root of the card (so far not managed to get it to read out of a folder).

Ben

I've done some asking around and the lefthand front channel seems to be the only one the nav/phone audio plays on.

There MIGHT be a hardware-switch on the mute-box, but no one seems to want to go through the trouble of checking...

Video does NOT play over the Dock-connector to the TomTom. The TomTom simply doesn't support AV-in,

it can only play video off of the SD since it then decodes the video itsself or so I've understood...

iPhone doesn't support bluetooth DUN for security-reasons, it might be

annoying, but it's one of the things that keep iOS a relatively safe system...

But DUN is for tethering and such. AFAIK it has nothing to do with

retrieving SMS text messages and/or emails from the phone...

You can send SMS from other hardware using the phone as a modem using DUN,

but from my undertanding you need SAP to retrieve SMS from the phone and have

them read to you by a carkit (or be able to read them over the carkits' display)...

Many thanks

I have a HTC Desire and I found by accident that I have to turn up the volume on my phone during a call.

Example: My friend called, I accidentally lent on the volume up button as I picked it up (I wasn't driving at the time) and it came up "bluetooth in-call volume". I turned that up and now I can hear people when they call.

Neither my HTC or my partner's iPhone seem interested in allowing data-transfer (reading out text messages). If I ever figure that out I'll let you know!

Neither my HTC or my partner's iPhone seem interested in allowing data-

transfer (reading out text messages). If I ever figure that out I'll let you know!

As long as Apple thinks data-transfer is "dangerous" it 'll never happen.

For security-reasons they won't even allow access to the SMS-database

from within another app without manual confirmation.

Maybe on a Jailbroken phone, but my 3Gs wasn't as stable

when Idid that, so I'm running the OEM iOS again...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links