Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D.a.b Radio Problems ..help!

Turban cruiser

Hello all!!

Bought my urban cruiser today and I love it! It has a tech pack with it but I can't seem to get the radio to recognize the dab???? I press the dab button but I get nothing. Is there something else I should be doing? The dab aerial is installed. I am sure it's obvious but I can't figure it out!!! any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Hi Kenny, welcome to TOC not right sure I can answer this one for you but here are my thoughts. If I am not wrong not every part of the UK is DAB output yet, and wonder if your part of Yorkshire is not covered by DAB. Hopefully someone will pick up this thread and put a more comprehensive view of the situation for you.

Just out of interest what model have you got? I have the 1.4D4D version and think it is the bee,s knees!!!! Mine came with the urban pack and leather,didn,t want sat-nav (waste of time on the Isle of Man)

Just out of interest where in Yorkshire are you from, I,m originally from West Yorks

Regards Clare

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!!

Bought my urban cruiser today and I love it! It has a tech pack with it but I can't seem to get the radio to recognize the dab???? I press the dab button but I get nothing. Is there something else I should be doing? The dab aerial is installed. I am sure it's obvious but I can't figure it out!!! any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Hi - I can't help myself but suggest you post this on the Prius forum as I know there are people there that use DAB and will be able to give you a heads up!

David

Hello all!!

Cheers

Hi - I can't help myself but suggest you post this on the Prius forum as I know there are people there that use DAB and will be able to give you a heads up!

David

Have you tried the auto search / scan button ? It will need tuning in to any DAB radio stations in your area.

hi Clare,

Thanks for responding. I contacted the toyota dealer from which i bought it. They weren't very helpful.. (considering i had driven a 200 mile round trip to pick it up... not mentioning the money i forked out for it!) Basically they said that i should take it to my local toyota garage to see if they can sort it. Which i will do but its still a pain in the bum. Everything should be right when you first by a car.

I just went for the 1.3 petrol in purple. It came with urban pack and tech pack but, like you, i didnt bother with the sat nav!! A-Z's are far more reliable! I live in leeds (originally from Pontefract) so you would expect there to be a digital output around here?.. maybe not.. im sure the toyota guys will sort it out.....when i get round to it!

Thanks again for getting i touch

Hi Kenny, welcome to TOC not right sure I can answer this one for you but here are my thoughts. If I am not wrong not every part of the UK is DAB output yet, and wonder if your part of Yorkshire is not covered by DAB. Hopefully someone will pick up this thread and put a more comprehensive view of the situation for you.

Just out of interest what model have you got? I have the 1.4D4D version and think it is the bee,s knees!!!! Mine came with the urban pack and leather,didn,t want sat-nav (waste of time on the Isle of Man)

Just out of interest where in Yorkshire are you from, I,m originally from West Yorks

Regards Clare

• 2 weeks later...

Your UC doesn't necessarily come with a DAB tuner unless you specified it. The logo is only telling you that it will drive the hardware. You can buy and fit this kit;

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/legacy/Toy/aimuploads/%7BB343C458-E98A-CDA3-E1B3-498271ECE98A%7D/Urban_Cruiser_DAB_RHD_PZ473_T0210_A0_AIM_001_472_2.pdf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links