Do Not Sell My Personal Information

60K Service

pumbaa

My 2005 T3 D4-D is rapidly approaching 60K, so I need some information regarding what is covered in a 60K service. Am I right in thinking that the Cam Belt should be replaced at 60K? Any other major replacements required?

Any ideas of indicative costs from a franchise dealer versus independents would be very much appreciated. Doubt I'll go anywhere near the dealer as I purchased 2nd hand, but it'll be a good benchmark.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

Update:

Toyota Main Dealer wants £235 for a full service and £310 for a new cambelt.

Garage where I purchased car second hand wants £926 all up for a Full Service, Cambelt and they mentioned replacing the Water Pump. I need to speak to them again to find out exactly what on earth is included for that price.

My local (trusted) garage quoted £165 for Full Service and £220 for a new Cambelt. They also suggested that the Water Pump (£120) and Hydraulic Tensioner (£230) be replaced at the main time because (a) Water Pump is easy to get to during a cambelt change and (B) there have been known failures of one or both post cambelt changes.

I'm surprised the main dealer didn't mention the water pump or hydraulic tensioner. I guess the question is, do I take the risk and just go for the service/cambelt replacement, or reduce my risk exposure by getting the water pump and hydraulic tensioner changed too?

Hi Pumbaa

I work at a Toyota dealership down in Devon, with regards the tensioner Toyota do not quote a replacement schedule however we recommend that it gets changed every 120K, in my 10 years service I have never seen one fail yet.

The recommendation to replace the water pump is a bit premature, whilst the garages are correct that replacing the water pump when changing the cambelt is easier it is only required if the pump is actually leaking, I have seen a few that have been found to be leaking when stripped down, but it is certainly not common. I suggest that you ask to be shown the pump leaking before agreeing to have it changed again I have not seen a water pump fail other than for leaks.

Devon

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I just had my 60K service(my Verso Corolla T3) done at a toyota dealer. It was quoted as 235£, but got it done for 195£. This is beacuse, he did not replace the brake fliud as my rear brakes had uneven wear(N/S 50% O/S 75%).

I had the following notes from the service centre.

Note 1 : They said the rear brake uneven wearn could be due to possible seized caliper. (Cost is £128 + 0.8 hr labour)

Note 2 : Told Front Brake Pads & Disc corroded. Parts cost 336£ with toyota, any suggestion whether I could go for other OEM products?(Cost is £336 + 1.5 hr labour)

Note 3 : Told Aux belt Perishing/Teeth Cracking. Is this required to be done? If so should I go for the cambelt as well?(Cost is £118 + 0.6 hr labour)

Note 4 : Oil Leak from N/S Drive shaft seal. (Cost is £195 + 1.6 hr labour)

From your opinion, is any of these mandatory to be done now or could it be deferred or totally avoided.

Your time and suggestion will be be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Deep