Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Horn Cable Broken

Anstrich

Can anyone help me out please? I have a Toyota Avensis 1.8 VVTi 2001 and my horn has stopped working! I have checked everything and have narrowed it down to the cable loom behind the steering wheel. Can someone please tell me how I remove the steering wheel cover and airbag in order to reconnect the cable please. Do not want to end up with an airbag in my face. Thanks in advance everyone :help:

Remember to disconnect the Battery for at least 5 minutes before fiddling with air bags.

Here are some instructions.

STEERING.pdf

Remember to disconnect the battery for at least 5 minutes before fiddling with air bags.

Here are some instructions.

Many thanks for your help. Exactly what I was after :yahoo:

I had the same problem. It also made my airbag light come on and the stereo controls on the steering wheel stopped working.

Looking at the pdf that has been posted it was the spiral cable that had snapped.

Dealer quoted me £140 for the part, but I was able to repair the cable. If you open up the spiral cable unit it's just like a PC ribbon cable which had somehow folder over on itself and snapped. Was able to solder and reinforce it rather than buying a new one.

I had the same problem. It also made my airbag light come on and the stereo controls on the steering wheel stopped working.

Looking at the pdf that has been posted it was the spiral cable that had snapped.

Dealer quoted me £140 for the part, but I was able to repair the cable. If you open up the spiral cable unit it's just like a PC ribbon cable which had somehow folder over on itself and snapped. Was able to solder and reinforce it rather than buying a new one.

I have no other problems with the controls or airbag light, just the horn stopped. Many thanks for your advice I will open it up tommorrow for a look. :thumbsup:

An hours work and I have my horn back!!! The black cable had snapped behind the Airbag and was too short to solder back on so I spliced a new cable in and it now works fine. Many thanks for the advice guys. :yahoo: