Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nearly Time To Say Cheerio

bluevortex

Well after much consideration today we decided to part ways with our T180 and VW Golf. As we only need one car for the forseeable future and I could not justify the high fuel costs of the T180 as our only car. currently, covering 25,000 miles per annum needed something a little better than 31mpg (at best). So as of next week, I will be owning an Audi A4 Avant 2.0tdi S line in black. Absolutely cracking car, 45k should suit my family needs perfectly. Managed to blag a 2 year warranty to go with it. Pretty chuffed.

I will be disappointed to see the T180 go but needs must I'm afraid. I have no doubt that i will own a Rav4 again at some point in the future...

Anyways, great forum, lovely people nice to know you all over the last 12 months

Blue

Shocked and aghastificated, Big Blue, but absolutely all the best with your new car. Thanks for all the detailing Tips, which hopefully you will still honour us with, or else we will only have some Midlands bloody builder called Charlie Farlie to rely on for wise pearls.....just cannot unnerstaun his accent, but though, by the way, ken but....?

Awribest,

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Well after much consideration today we decided to part ways with our T180 and VW Golf.

Blue

You'll miss the Gowf :yahoo:

Good luck with the Audi, erm, that wasn't the one with the weird steering geometry/odd tyre wear issues was it :!Removed!:

Thanks for the tips, if yer ever in Spain and short of wheel cleaner giz a knock, I've got gallons :unsure:

Lee

All the best with another product from the veedub group. :thumbsup:

Had one of those two Years ago a 2.0 TDI 140. Cracking cars great economy but absolutely rock hard suspension It was not suited to the roads up here in Scottieland !!!

My one was in Brilliant Red.... Make sure it has had the Dual mass flywheel upgrade as aftermarket warranties will not pay for this and its a 1200 quid job. My one was done under warranty at 31K miles.....

Picture188.jpg

Picture186.jpg

Picture187.jpg

Picture183.jpg

Flippin ek Charlie, warn is to put welding goggles on before showing pictures of one of your cars, I just got flashed off those (my favourite colour BTW).

Blue.

I take it you've inhaled volcanic dust or something. What will blue senior say???

OK, OK I've had a change but its along the same lines. They all walk funny on the Audi forum, no sense of humour and whatever you do, don't mention the war. Ja und ju vill look into sizz forum - see you've got me at it now!!! Just remember, like these guys, you can always come back;

Keep in touch with us :thumbsup:

Cooler King

Blue I'm going to be totally honest here. Having owned both cars and this is Not based on a new found enthusiasm for the Rav as the honeymoon period is long over !! The Audi does have some serious shortcomings... IE if You drive it as it should be driven and by the cringe they will go !! The economy will plummet !! On a long journey though expect 600 miles from that tank ! Round town it will only be very slightly better if at all better than the Rav.. I do My first long haul this coming weekend so cant give better figures till then ....

So 1 nil to Audi....just....

Space inside and ride quality and I am taking in the roads up here in Scotland.. Well the Audi gets comprehensively beaten here as the space in the rear is just awful and the front is cramped...... I cannot emphasise enough how hard the ride of the S line car is Far Far harder than even the Rav T180 with its runnies ! And We only kept Our S line for a very very short time after arriving in Scotland as the roads here are Er well Er crap bear in mind that the S line was as is the Rav T180 Our second car used on a daily basis as the workhorse,,

1 all... A Peeeees easy one to Toyota..

Capability ? Well taking in all wheel drive unless You new car is a Quattro Its about to get !Removed! is this battle....

Comfort and capability is won easily by Toyota.

Equipment levels again easily by Toyota. as Sat Nav is an expensive extra on the S line. So is cruise and many of the extras that are standard on the Toyota.

As a day to day car the Toyota absolutely wipes the aris of of the Audi on space capability and general day to day use

2 1 to Toyota

Pose and compliments.... Well another goal for Toyota I think Many People commented on the good looks of My old S line but even more people have raved over how well the Rav T180 looks

Nearly everyone who were passengers said how uncomfortable the ride in the Audi was . Everyone so far has said how They like the Rav.....

3 1 ............

The SE A4 is a far better day to day car cos its just not anywhere near as hard !!

Would I swap My Rav for an S line ??????? Nah No way never.. And thats coming from someone who is a dyed in the wool Audi fan having owned numerous RS4s A6s ect and 1 RS6 Avant.....

I would be looking at an A6 in SE spec with Quattro drive to get anywhere near the Rav as an all round vehicle !! But then the only point scored by Audi in the economy stakes will be lost..

Good luck either way Mate !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You just have to love this forum,tho',through the experience of the collective membership it seems as if a whole goldmine of info is available and readily and freely given :yahoo::yahoo:

:thumbsup: Charlie, a nice post of your Audi/RAV comparisons :thumbsup:

Del

Just for OORRR Kev as He struggles with My accent !! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Blue aam gonnae be pure honest haur. havin' owned baith cars an' thes isnae based oan a new foond enthusiasm fur th' rav as th' honeymoon period is lang ower !! th' audi diz hae some serioos shortcomings... ie if ye drife it as it shoods be driven an' by th' cringe they will gang !! th' economy will plummit !! oan a lang joorney thocht expect 600 miles frae 'at tenk ! roon toon it will only be huir uv a slightly better if at aw better than th' rav.. Ah dae mah first lang haul thes comin' weekend sae cannae gie better figures till 'en .... so yin nil tae audi....joost.... space inside an' ride quality an' Ah am takin' in th' roads up haur in scootlund.. weel th' audi gits comprehensively beaten haur as th' space in th' rear is jist awfy an' th' front is cramped...... Ah cannae emphasise enaw hoo stoaner th' ride ay th' s line motur is far far harder than e'en th' rav t180 wi' its runnies ! an' we only kept uir s line fur a huir uv a very cuttie time efter arrivin' in scootlund as th' roads haur ur er weel er guff bear in min' 'at th' s line was as is th' rav t180 uir second motur used oan a daily basis as th' workhorse,, 1 aw... a ***** easy a body tae toyota.. capability ? weel takin' in aw wheel drife unless ye new motur is a quattro its in th' wey o gie bludy is thes battle.... comfort an' capability is won easily by toyota. equipment levels again easily by toyota. as sat nav is an expensife extra oan th' s line. sae is cruise an' mony ay th' extras 'at ur standard oan th' toyota. as a day tae day motur th' toyota absolutely wipes th' ***** ay of th' audi oan space capability an' general day tae day use 2 yin tae toyota pose an' compliments.... weel anither goal fur toyota Ah hink mony fowk commented oan th' guid looks ay mah auld s line but e'en mair fowk hae raved ower hoo weel th' rav t180 looks nearly a' fowk fa waur passengers said haaw uncomfortable th' ride in th' audi was . a' fowk sae far has asid hoo they loch th' rav..... 3 yin ............ the se a4 is a far better day tae day motur cos its jist nae anywhaur near as stoaner !! woods Ah swap mah rav fur an s line ??????? nah nae way ne'er.. an' that's comin' frae someain fa is a dyed in thw wool auii fan havin' owned numeroos rs4s a6s ect an' yin rs6 avant..... guid luck either way mucker !!!! her/us rav4 2006 t180 me 2009 jaguar xfs thee.0d s 0

Just for OORRR Kev as He struggles with My accent !! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Blue aam gonnae be pure honest haur. havin' owned baith cars an' thes isnae based oan a new foond enthusiasm fur th' rav as th' honeymoon period is lang ower !! th' audi diz hae some serioos shortcomings... ie if ye drife it as it shoods be driven an' by th' cringe they will gang !! th' economy will plummit !! oan a lang joorney thocht expect 600 miles frae 'at tenk ! roon toon it will only be huir uv a slightly better if at aw better than th' rav.. Ah dae mah first lang haul thes comin' weekend sae cannae gie better figures till 'en .... so yin nil tae audi....joost.... space inside an' ride quality an' Ah am takin' in th' roads up haur in scootlund.. weel th' audi gits comprehensively beaten haur as th' space in th' rear is jist awfy an' th' front is cramped...... Ah cannae emphasise enaw hoo stoaner th' ride ay th' s line motur is far far harder than e'en th' rav t180 wi' its runnies ! an' we only kept uir s line fur a huir uv a very cuttie time efter arrivin' in scootlund as th' roads haur ur er weel er guff bear in min' 'at th' s line was as is th' rav t180 uir second motur used oan a daily basis as th' workhorse,, 1 aw... a ***** easy a body tae toyota.. capability ? weel takin' in aw wheel drife unless ye new motur is a quattro its in th' wey o gie bludy is thes battle.... comfort an' capability is won easily by toyota. equipment levels again easily by toyota. as sat nav is an expensife extra oan th' s line. sae is cruise an' mony ay th' extras 'at ur standard oan th' toyota. as a day tae day motur th' toyota absolutely wipes th' ***** ay of th' audi oan space capability an' general day tae day use 2 yin tae toyota pose an' compliments.... weel anither goal fur toyota Ah hink mony fowk commented oan th' guid looks ay mah auld s line but e'en mair fowk hae raved ower hoo weel th' rav t180 looks nearly a' fowk fa waur passengers said haaw uncomfortable th' ride in th' audi was . a' fowk sae far has asid hoo they loch th' rav..... 3 yin ............ the se a4 is a far better day tae day motur cos its jist nae anywhaur near as stoaner !! woods Ah swap mah rav fur an s line ??????? nah nae way ne'er.. an' that's comin' frae someain fa is a dyed in thw wool auii fan havin' owned numeroos rs4s a6s ect an' yin rs6 avant..... guid luck either way mucker !!!! her/us rav4 2006 t180 me 2009 jaguar xfs thee.0d s 0

Tooshay, as they say in Spain....

Bye Lingual fae Dingwall Kev. :lol:

Thanks for all the posts guys this was a hard decision especially as the car has been in my family from new. I will be sad to see the T180 go but other than snow capacbility and space, it just doesn't meet our needs at present. As our only vehicle, I need a car that's going to give me 50mpg+, 30 is not acceptable and it would cost me easily £100-150 a week in fuel alone struggling to get 300 miles from a tank. If fuel continues to climb (£2/litre ) how desirable is an 4x4 that returns 30mpg going to seem?? I already noticed a huge drop in valuation over the last months. The bottom line is I will be covering £25k miles per annum and need something that can produce 500 miles per tank. Our Golf was perfect in this respect but a wee bit small and strting to age at 85,000 miles. I figure it's the same engine in the A4 (140bhp) and the Audi offers more space in the boot and looks the <the spuds of lurrrrvve>s.

Charlie, thanks for your comment re the down points for the Audi but I could easily say there are serious down points in the Rav4 (Run flats, no spare wheel, poor fuel economy, annoying &#33;Removed&#33; ice sensor light, crap underbody protection guard, creeking steering rack, EGR valve etc). In terms of the ride quality of the A4 S line, I am not too fussed about this, I owned a A3 Quattro S line in 2007 and yes there was some road noise from the 18" alloys but no more than these current RFT's give me! Anyways the SE (or old man spec) is not for me, I'd happily go for larger wheels, sporty looks instead and live with a slighlty harder suspension!

My Rav4 was needing 4 new tyres shortly, plus road tax and MOT - not that this was a major contributing factor to getting rid of the car but only strengthened the deal I got on the Audi - 2 new tyres, 12 months Tax and MOT and just been serviced, add to that 2 years warranty and they dealer paying my residual golf finance saving me £200 (£150 finance and £50 isnurance per month) it started to feel like a no brainer.

Anch, yeah my poor old dad is dissapointed but understands needs must. knowing the mileage I cover for work and personal he did say that it might not be the most suitable car for me, don't tell him but he was right. I have 4 XTR wheels/vredestein snow tyre combo that are in as new condition, hardly any wear over the last winter. I plan to ffer these to him for use on his Rav4 over coming winters. i appreciate he sold me the car at a decent price figure one good turns desrves another!

The plan is to get a set of winter tyres for my A4 and see how it gets on. If needs must I will pickup an old 4x4 (maybe even an early 4.2) to get me about in winter time on very bad days. That seems to be the done thing around here anyway.

I will be popping in from time to time and will wait and see what the 4.4 brings with it next year or 2013???

Blue

Diesel Yaris!! :clap:

*ducks*

Blue While I sincerely wish You the very best of luck with Your new car and I genuinely know a fair bit about the A4 and its 2.0 TDI lump and its drive-train I have to point out that getting 50MPG is only a possibility on long motorway hauls at very sensible speeds !! Round town and in general use 30 to 35 is the best You are going to get and I've had 3 A 4 TDIs !!

Come back and keep in touch Matey ! We will miss You I'm sure !!! And take care !!

Charlie. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Blue While I sincerely wish You the very best of luck with Your new car and I genuinely know a fair bit about the A4 and its 2.0 TDI lump and its drive-train I have to point out that getting 50MPG is only a possibility on long motorway hauls at very sensible speeds !! Round town and in general use 30 to 35 is the best You are going to get and I've had 3 A 4 TDIs !!

Come back and keep in touch Matey ! We will miss You I'm sure !!! And take care !!

Well I averaged 42-45mpg in a brand new 2.0Tdi QUATTRO S-line 170bhp in 2007 so I think 50mpg is easily achievable with the 140bhp non-quattro. Anyway, I live in the Highlands of Scotland mate - town driving pffff.... I take it you ain't been this far up lately :)

Well I averaged 42-45mpg in a brand new 2.0Tdi QUATTRO S-line 170bhp in 2007 so I think 50mpg is easily achievable with the 140bhp non-quattro. Anyway, I live in the Highlands of Scotland mate - town driving pffff.... I take it you ain't been this far up lately :)

The 170 is actually more economical than the 140 !! Its a bit like My Jag.. The 2.7 eats 20% more fuel than the 3.0 Diesel and yet the 2.7 is 209 BHP and the S engine in My car is 275 BHP. It doesn't add up I know but go check out the figures. Its down to the rapidly improving diesel technology...

Well I averaged 42-45mpg in a brand new 2.0Tdi QUATTRO S-line 170bhp in 2007 so I think 50mpg is easily achievable with the 140bhp non-quattro.

I thought the VAG 2.0 TDi was MORE economical than the 1.9TDi - my last one, the 130bhp PD engine, in a 2002 VW Bora Sport would do 50 mpg around town, would just top 60mpg on a 60 mile (regular) round trip on "A" roads, maybe 50/50 dual and single cabbageway with a dozen roundabouts thrown in, and it's all time best, a gentle drive from Luton to Ayr (400 miles) achieved 68mpg. The car did have the 6 speed 'box though which I'm sure helped.

Lee

Blue I'm going to be totally honest here. Having owned both cars and this is Not based on a new found enthusiasm for the Rav as the honeymoon period is long over !! The Audi does have some serious shortcomings... IE if You drive it as it should be driven and by the cringe they will go !! The economy will plummet !! On a long journey though expect 600 miles from that tank ! Round town it will only be very slightly better if at all better than the Rav.. I do My first long haul this coming weekend so cant give better figures till then ....

So 1 nil to Audi....just....

Space inside and ride quality and I am taking in the roads up here in Scotland.. Well the Audi gets comprehensively beaten here as the space in the rear is just awful and the front is cramped...... I cannot emphasise enough how hard the ride of the S line car is Far Far harder than even the Rav T180 with its runnies ! And We only kept Our S line for a very very short time after arriving in Scotland as the roads here are Er well Er crap bear in mind that the S line was as is the Rav T180 Our second car used on a daily basis as the workhorse,,

1 all... A Peeeees easy one to Toyota..

Capability ? Well taking in all wheel drive unless You new car is a Quattro Its about to get bloody is this battle....

Comfort and capability is won easily by Toyota.

Equipment levels again easily by Toyota. as Sat Nav is an expensive extra on the S line. So is cruise and many of the extras that are standard on the Toyota.

As a day to day car the Toyota absolutely wipes the aris of of the Audi on space capability and general day to day use

2 1 to Toyota

Pose and compliments.... Well another goal for Toyota I think Many People commented on the good looks of My old S line but even more people have raved over how well the Rav T180 looks

Nearly everyone who were passengers said how uncomfortable the ride in the Audi was . Everyone so far has said how They like the Rav.....

3 1 ............

The SE A4 is a far better day to day car cos its just not anywhere near as hard !!

Would I swap My Rav for an S line ??????? Nah No way never.. And thats coming from someone who is a dyed in the wool Audi fan having owned numerous RS4s A6s ect and 1 RS6 Avant.....

I would be looking at an A6 in SE spec with Quattro drive to get anywhere near the Rav as an all round vehicle !! But then the only point scored by Audi in the economy stakes will be lost..

Good luck either way Mate !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ha! That's well harsh! You've just dissed this boy's new car!

Enjoy it Blue. My brother just bought the top of the range 170 version and it is super duper sweet.. and he gets 50-55 ish all the time... He loves it.

Just being honest Mate.. I think they are an absolutely fabulous car ! I did after all have 3 of them !! But up Here on Scotland's finest Macadam the S line just became unbearable !!! I was trying to offer a comparison ..... The T180 has more space Better Ride quality. Far more equipment as standard and offers one hell of a lot more as a package !!

I'm sorry but I cant understand Someone whose driving style that only gets 30MPG from a Rav T180 will achieve 50 plus from a 2.0 TDI Audi!!!

Blue. Your a good guy and My wish was not to hack You off. My comments are observations based on My real world experience after owning 3 of those great cars !!! Sorry but 50 MPG in real world use ?? Whatever Good luck and Health to You and Yours Matey !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Charlie.

For what its worth Blue

Had Audis for 7 years - regularly managed 50+ mpg without trying. Never managed anything close in the RAVs. Enjoy it!

Thanks chrisjok and Webley much appreciated guys as this was a tough decision but always had a thing for Audi cars. Despite the negative comparisons I'm still really excited, I think the A4 avant is a great car and ive always had a hankering for one plus the missus really likes em too and trust me she has great taste :)

Blue

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links