Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recall

LA-LA

Toyota is recalling about 21,000 iQ in Japan to fix the braking system plus another 12,000 exports in other countries including Britain.

"The concern relates to an inadequate cleaning process during manufacture of the brake tubes which could lead to foreign material passing into the brake master cylinder," Toyota (GB) said in a statement.

"This could lead to brake force reduction and increased pedal travel."

LEFTHANDVERSIONS are NOT INFLUENCED!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Parts-King

• s44gtw

• dash

• ormi

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any link to information on this 'recall'

or a source for the information?

I cant find anything online in the UK using simple or advanced searches.

thanks in advance.

george

Thank you, thats very clear.

'In the UK it is for vehicles produced between Oct 2008 & May 2010',

if i read correctly.

george

Hi all,

I just used the link posted by kingo and my car is

to be recalled! mines a manual 1 ltr 09 plate reged on 03/09

another recall grrrh

BR

Mr dave..

Just had my 2nd service this morning, no mention of this recall? Only had the car for an hour and a half. I don't think anything was gone to steering either.

Still drives great though. elvyn

I think I had the issue - I had my cylinder replaced 2 months ago, becuase my pedal would creep to the floor.

The dealer network has only just officially been made aware of the recall today, so will be contacting owners during coming days

Our 59 plate IQ2 will hopefully get it's replacement master cylinder and new connecting pipe before the weekend

We've only just bought the car and it's due for handover on Saturday (so hopefully all done and dusted by then!!)

Fingers tightly crossed...

September 2010 delivery, so hopefully mine doesn't need this one.

The dealer network has only just officially been made aware of the recall today, so will be contacting owners during coming days

Our 59 plate IQ2 will hopefully get it's replacement master cylinder and new connecting pipe before the weekend

We've only just bought the car and it's due for handover on Saturday (so hopefully all done and dusted by then!!)

Fingers tightly crossed...

Please check with your dealer, you MIGHT not be able to take the car until the repair is completed. Parts will not be available until the end of June

Kingo :thumbsup:

Please check with your dealer, you MIGHT not be able to take the car until the repair is completed. Parts will not be available until the end of June

Yes - the dealer did say the car had to be held until repaired (but seemed unconcerned about obtaining the parts...)

I'll review later with them.

It would be a real bummer if we had to wait another 3/4 weeks.

Won't some master cylinders be held on the parts-warehouse shelves for spares... ;)

Dave

Won't some master cylinders be held on the parts-warehouse shelves for spares... ;)

I'm sure there will be, but probably not the modified one required for the recall. Your dealer could contact Toyota to get an urgent part sent, to avoid any delay in you collecting the car. We don't have the part numbers yet so they would not be able to order one through the normal channels

I'm sure there will be, but probably not the modified one required for the recall. Your dealer could contact Toyota to get an urgent part sent, to avoid any delay in you collecting the car. We don't have the part numbers yet so they would not be able to order one through the normal channels

Confirmed parts coming in from Japan. Dealer establishing whether a set can be express delivered. :g:

Being provided a courtesy car in the meantime as Toyota UK won't permit the release of our 59 plate car to us until the master cylinder has been installed.

Toyota is recalling about 21,000 iQ in Japan to fix the braking system plus another 12,000 exports in other countries including Britain.

"The concern relates to an inadequate cleaning process during manufacture of the brake tubes which could lead to foreign material passing into the brake master cylinder," Toyota (GB) said in a statement.

"This could lead to brake force reduction and increased pedal travel."

LEFTHANDVERSIONS are NOT INFLUENCED!

Whilst not doubting the recall I am puzzled as to the problem. Braking system fluid flows from the master cylinder towards the wheels it doesn't return - it has no need to the reservoir is for making sure there is enough fluid. Therefore how is 'foreign material' in the tubes going to get in to the master cylinder? Slave cylinders at the wheels most possibly!

It gets better !!

The parts are on their way and due for imminent arrival, however, what will delay things further is the special tool, without which the replacement cannot be done. Don't know when this is expected... :(

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't you have thought that someone in Toyota would know where these parts and tools are...

No one I've spoken to is able to provide any indication of date/week when these items might arrive in the UK.

Not an issue if you're currently in possession of your IQ, but Toyota won't let us have our recently purchased 59 plate until the fix has been done.

:angry:

Confirmed parts coming in from Japan. Dealer establishing whether a set can be express delivered. :g:

Being provided a courtesy car in the meantime as Toyota UK won't permit the release of our 59 plate car to us until the master cylinder has been installed.

Interesting, I bought a 59 plate from the dealer last week when the problem must of been known about. They didn't mention an imminent recall till yesterday when i had lowering springs fitted.So why not let you have yours!!

Installation tool and the master cylinder parts will be arriving with dealers tomorrow.

Toyota embargoed our 59 plate just before we were due to take delivery early June.

The wait has been made worse by lack of info (until today that is)

Looking forward to Saturday for it's release !!!

Dave

They didn't mention an imminent recall till yesterday when i had lowering springs fitted.So why not let you have yours!!

Because it breaks the industry code to let a vehicle go out with an impending recall still active. It must be repaired before it goes off the forecourt

Hi

I have a 58 plate Iq2 auto - Just been advised by my Dealer that the parts for the "Brake Recall" are in - Iq booked in for next week.

Not sure how long it will take - prepared to let them have the car for the whole day if needed.

Anbrian, the recall was on iQ's 'produced' between Oct 2008 till 2010.

I take it your iQ2 wasnt first registered in the UK for September 2008 as a 58 plate but sometime after October 08.

Just wondering if the dealers are going by VIN numbers & production date after OCT 08,

or if there is a simple recall by registration going on.

george

Anbrian, the recall was on iQ's 'produced' between Oct 2008 till 2010.

I take it your iQ2 wasnt first registered in the UK for September 2008 as a 58 plate but sometime after October 08.

Just wondering if the dealers are going by VIN numbers & production date after OCT 08,

or if there is a simple recall by registration going on.

george

George Hi

My Iq2 was registered 01/2009

Heard about the recall on here and then checked my car registration number on the Toyota website.

The website advised my car was subject to the recall.

Then advised my Dealer who at that time had no details - but he did advise me when he had details.

This led to him ordering the parts and the subsequent booking to have the work done.

Suggest you check with the Toyota website and your dealer !!!!

Regards

Got my recall letter today. Booked car for first service (reg end of June 10) Adv. service should take about 45 mins so planned to wait.

Also have steering recall to be carried and out and now the brakes. They now want the car for 2 days to complete the work. At least I get a courtesy car and they are collecting and delivering back to work for me.

Just had recorded delivery letter today from DVLA saying my car is recalled and asking me to contact dealer immediately. Last time we got a £20 M+s voucher after the recall I wonder what sweetener we will get this time?