Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recall

LA-LA

Its booked in for July 26th.....4 hours job they say :ffs: - must admit I am a tad peeved at how many faults have appeared on my brand new car!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Parts-King

• s44gtw

• dash

• ormi

Top Posters In This Topic

Devil-ish

have you actually had faults appear, or just preventative measures in the form of re-calls & replacement of parts to prevent any faults from developing?

Just tell them when your vehicle is in to give it a good check over & a free interim service while they have the vehicle,

for wasting your time.

Or get them to collect & return your vehicle leaving a courtesy car.

Its Toyota that needs to incur any expense, not you or any other customer that bought their vehicles with porential safety faults..

george

Took my IQ in for 1yr service (1st service) in June and when I dropped it off the guy said, sorry but we cant do the recall work at the same time as we dont have the parts. What recall I said, he said for the brakes, but nothing to worry about :!Removed!:

They rang me last week to say parts are now in when would I like to bring the car in (still didnt know what the details were of the recall). Had to look it up on the net myself. Finaly got my recall letter on Saturday and my appointment was for the Monday (i.e. Today).

Just dropped it off and tried to mention that I had actually experienced a problem with the brakes. Would have told him that sitting in traffic for a long time (like 5mins) pedel will very slowly move away rather than staying firm (only to a tiny degree though very very slow - no danger of ever reaching bottom).

He cut me off half way through explaining and said that it is dirt in the fuel and has nothing to do with the brakes...

Either the recall info is complete wrong or this guy has no idea what hes saying. This is the same guy that took 'personal care' of my car when I took it in for the 1st recall and then lost it in their car park and forgot to do the work, so I think its more chance that its him thats wrong.

NB: Bear in mind for the above that guy was holding my recall letter which I had just given him.

I look forward to picking my car up later today and asking them is the fuel problem now fixed.

Dont use Curry Motors East Barnet if you can avoid it they are useless. Unfortunanly the next one for me is a hour travel away so I put up with them :crybaby:

Just wondering if the dealers are going by VIN numbers & production date after OCT 08,

or if there is a simple recall by registration going on.

george

George Hi

My Iq2 was registered 01/2009

Heard about the recall on here and then checked my car registration number on the Toyota website.

Suggest you check with the Toyota website and your dealer !!!!

Regards

The way it works is:

Toyota find out a recall is required

Toyota inform VOSA

Toyota inform the dealer network what will be required and what action needs taking

VOSA collect all the very latest DVLA registration data, based on the chassis number range supplied to them by Toyota

At this point there is usually a press release and customers get to hear through the press there is an impending recall

There will then be a period where Toyota try to give as much information as possible via their website and dealer network, of what work is required and when it can be performed. There is a period of time when parts and tooling are not available and the dealer network cannot start any recall work until the campaign is ready to start

VOSA then contact customers via letter, based on data received from DVLA. If you have just purchased/sold your car, you might not be on the list or at least the old customer is contacted instead of the new customer

Despite the best efforts of all, delays in starting the recall can happen, Toyota now try to release information as soon as it is known, however this does come back and bite you on the rrr's when parts and tooling take a few weeks to get organised

Kingo :thumbsup:

Re Press Release etc.

I get 2 weekly car magazines & 2 monthly,& read 4 iQ forums,

read at least 2 daily papers & during the week several Sunday's motoring sections.

not spotted any publicity on this re-call other than LA-LA's post.

Toyota Owners Club/iQ Owners forum & i see no RE-call post by any 'Official Toyota' source obvious on the forum.

Have Toyota not got a I.T. literate person or 2 available to get Re-Calls onto Official Toyota Dealership sites,

& to get their Current Re-Call notices & information onto page 1 of a Google search.

IMO that would get them a better reputation than their current one,

& possibly go down better than this usual ssshh dont shout about it. Keep it on a 'need to know basis'.

'TOYOTA iQ 2011 some older UK models being recalled for brake system faults'

That will help this thread be found easily once the post has been opened a few times if anyone is doing google searches. Simples

Lots of people see 'blog' & never click on.

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/tag/recall

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-gb-announces-iq-and-first-generation-prius-recalls-in-uk-june-2011

I see that it is now easier to find Toyota recall info online when just looking at Toyota & not just looking for re-calls thankfully.

george

name='s44gtw' timestamp='1309775019' post='1129861']

Re Press Release etc.

I get 2 weekly car magazines & 2 monthly,& read 4 iQ forums,

read at least 2 daily papers & during the week several Sunday's motoring sections.

not spotted any publicity on this re-call other than LA-LA's post.

Because it is not newsworthy to people selling magazines, it has been in the motoring press, autotrader etc. I usually post up any recall info I get or direct it to the relevent part of the Toyota website. You wouldnt expect the press to mention it over and over again, once a press release goes out, it is picked up, reported and dropped just as quickly

Have Toyota not got a I.T. literate person or 2 available to get Re-Calls onto Official Toyota Dealership sites,

& to get their Current Re-Call notices & information onto page 1 of a Google search.

As with all things, you cannot get onto Google page one overnight, if you Google Toyota iQ recall, you will find the Toyota site as on the first page giving all the relevent facts. This forum used to be visited by some Toyota PR people, it seems they dont anymore, however as this forum is privately owned, Toyota has no control over what is put up on TOC

Google page one includes info form the Toyota website, Autotrader, Motortorque, TOC, Whatcar etc etc

http://www.toyota.co...sp?id=iQ_recall

I checked my registration on the recall website today, even though my car was built outside the cut-off date, and it doesn't need this work done.

Just to say that the Toyota / VOSA letter landed on the door mat this morning, Phone Mr T to morrow to see when the bits will arrive and the job done.

(Wonder if they will lend me a SAFE car, whilst I wait ?) ;-))

Rgds

Had my brake recall completed today, everything seems fine. Dealer did a free health check (I need new tyres soon) and a usual wash & vac.

Had a '60' plate white IQ1 as a courtesy car for the day, drove ok, but glad when I got back into my lowered IQ.

not too hard a recall to do easyer in the 3 cylinder cars though...i done 3 recalls before 1.30

Does the complete system get purged of 'all' the original brake fluid

& then new fluid replaced in the system & bleed as part of this recall on the brakes?

george

the master cylinder and the pipes from the master cylinder to the abs block get changed so you need to bleed the brakes so yes all the old fluid is removed....also the clutch fluid too

All done and a courtesy car (Yaris) free for the day.

I must say that our IQ3 is a lot more comfortable than the Yaris

HOWEVER the brakes have a different feel to them, rather spongy but not so spongy that they have air in the pipes.

Anyone had similiar experience ?

Thanks

Rgds

All done and a courtesy car (Yaris) free for the day.

I must say that our IQ3 is a lot more comfortable than the Yaris

HOWEVER the brakes have a different feel to them, rather spongy but not so spongy that they have air in the pipes.

Anyone had similiar experience ?

Thanks

Rgds

hmmmmm will let you know!!!!!

Had my iq2 auto done friday however it doesnt feel the same :driving:

brakes have a different feel to them, rather spongy the same as ^tonyishuk^ and brake pedal goes to floor

I know it's only a 1 litre but it just feels that it has no go to it

put foot down and nothing :help::eek::crybaby:

i will go back monday to see what they say

brakes have a different feel to them, rather spongy the same as ^tonyishuk^ and brake pedal goes to floor

booked in for tuesday at 2 lets see what they say then :fear:

Hi had my recall last week and fortunately the car feels the same. On a bad note though, the Aux belt to the alternator has started to break up shredding its self debris in the engine bay. caught it in time. I suspect its either bad manufacture, too tight, ir worst mis-alligned!! Anyone had the same would be appreciated input

David

Checked mine after reading your post...it seems Ok, no fraying or delaminating apparent.(about 19000 miles)

Perhaps yours is just a "badun" and it is hard luck to be the person to have it.

When I bought an Aygo some years ago I immediately asked the parts department to get me a spare "fan" belt as I have always carried one for any other car I have owned, but the parts chap said "are you sure you want one? They never give trouble these days.." So I didn't get one.

Hope your problem is a very rare one off!

well they have rechecked the brakes to see if was air in the pipes and rebleed

said there was no air :yahoo: Just put it down to a new master cylinder and brake fluid

but it seems better now tho :thumbsup:

hope thats the last of the recalls

Forgot to say i had a Toyota Auris Hydrid as a courtesy car drove very well.

Mine is currently in for its recall, I dropped it off on Thursday its also having something else checked! I have a Yaris as a courtesy car as they are keeping the car until Tuesday, its quite nice but I miss my IQ already!

I had mine done on Friday and got the car back today, brakes feel worse than they did before, spongy, nothing happening when braking and pedal now creeps to the floor (didnt do this before)

I feel very unsafe driving it, also it has decided to leak brake fluid all over the driveway. For the first time since owning my IQ since Feb 09 I am very unhappy and Im going back at 8am tomorrow morning to get them to sort it out.

Called my local dealer (Cheltenham) the day after I received my recall letter, but was told that they couldn't book it in for another 2 weeks. So agreed on Wednesday 20th July.

I then received a phone call the day before, advising me that the part had not yet arrived and it was expected next week, so I went ahead and booked it in for the following Wednesday 27th July. I then received a call on the Monday prior to this to advise me again that the part still hadn't arrived, so I've now rearranged for Thursday 4th August!

I'm hoping I'm not going to have another call next week to tell me it's not arrived yet! I'm slightly concerned as this affects the brakes, but I'm guessing it's not that urgent otherwise they wouldn't let me drive the car.

I've not experienced any problems with my brakes since I've had the car, iQ3 59 plate (had since Jan 2010 as an ex demonstrator).

I had mine done on Friday and got the car back today, brakes feel worse than they did before, spongy, nothing happening when braking and pedal now creeps to the floor (didnt do this before)

Sally oddly this I think this is what the recall was to stop - I had this happen to mine before the recall - slowly creeps to the floor quite worrying - I had my master cylinder replaced only to have it done again a month or so later with the recall, just glad it all was done FOC.

I feel very unsafe driving it, also it has decided to leak brake fluid all over the driveway. For the first time since owning my IQ since Feb 09 I am very unhappy and Im going back at 8am tomorrow morning to get them to sort it out.

Sally if there is brake fluid on your driveway then you should not drive it, you should have no fluid leaks at all. Call them and tell them you have brake fluid leaking on the driveway and get them to pick it up,

Well my partner drove the car to Toyota yesterday morning, I got an Aygo as a courtesy car this time, great lil car but still not as good as the IQ!!

I collected it today, Richard the Service Manager has been amazing in dealing with me/the car, the car is 100% better now. Im not going to go into too much detail about what they did for me/offered me but lets just say im very very happy with his customer service, excellent work Richard :D

My faith in Toyota has been restored again and Im glad to have my lil baby back :thumbsup: