Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recall

LA-LA

I had this recall done recently, mine is an IQ aug 2009. The recall took a whole day to do as the dealership said they hadnt done many of them! No noticeably differnce after the work was done - which is good!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Parts-King

• s44gtw

• dash

• ormi

Top Posters In This Topic

a whole DAY???????book time is 4.3 hours....i've got it down to 1.5 hours along with a few others at my work...very easy job to do..

3 cylinder auto.........very very very easy

3 cylinder man..........very very easy

the 4 cylinders are slightly harder they fall under very easy

to be honest any one that gets this done shouldnt feel much diff from before under normal braking....your pedal shouldnt be spongy at all and if it is theirs air in the system..

Dropped mine off on Tuesday evening and got it back yesterday. Brakes were a bit vague to start with but now feel alot better and the ABS is nowwhere near as intrusive when you really slam them on. I also had the front window seals changed as mine were folding over inside at the top and the 2nd adjustment made to the cables.

Im currently pursuing a claim for new wing mirror surrounds as mine have decided to corrode in a funny way. Toyota claim its because of a cleaning product, I laughed and said strange as Ive been using turtle wax on all my other cars and none of them have ever had it happen. So Im going to keep pushing that one.

Suffice to say I received a call on Tuesday 2nd August, 2 days before my little iQ was due to go in for the recall, advising me that the part hadn't arrived, and now they were looking at a further MONTH before it's due in!

So, allowing for possible further delays, it's booked in for 15th September. Third time I've had to rearrnge this. Getting a little annoyed now.

So why have the other dealerships managed to get the parts and not Cheltenham? Any one else having the same problems as me?

we ordered recall parts yesterday vor'd and they came today........fitted to the cars and the cars left...dont understand why they keep putting you off..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just stopping by To let you know i've just had the brake recall done + 3rd service done at the same time :)(got money refunded on the brake fluid change in the service plan)& going to use that money as a discount of my 4th service which will make it £280 all in (SIMS northampton).But on the down side they did notice that the water pump was leaking so repaced it under warranty!..

I think thats an 'up side' that it was spotted before the warrenty is out.

Others need to pay attention & be sure theirs is looked closely at before the cost might fall on themselfs.

george

The Aygo (same basic engine as the IQ1 and 2) is notorious for water pump failure, certainly in the earlier models.

I would have hoped it had been sorted by now.

Had my car in at Border Toyota in Carlisle a little while a go and they did both the recall jobs at the same time. They even gave the car a free wash and valet, which it really needed. :rolleyes: Didn't supply a courtesy car but they take me home and pick me back up when the work was done. Had to wait 2-3 weeks from the time of booking but that wasn't an issue for me.

The brakes do feel different but no problems. The steering lock is now in a better position than before, as mine needed a whole new steering column.

I booked my car in to have my wipers looked at and I didn't even have to mention the recall as they already knew it was needed and sorted it all out without me having to do anything. I think it was an afternoons work but I have not noticed any difference in anything. Glad I have had it done though.

It seems the availability of the parts for the brakes recall is somewhat variable.

I booked my 2010 iQ3 in with my local dealer in Belfast for Thursday 11th August and after waiting in the service reception area for over an hour was told the part hadn't arrived in the delivery that morning. So booked for Thurs 18th Aug. Arrived and booked car in and sat down for an expected 3 hr wait. It only took them 30 mins this time to tell me the part hadn't arrived. They were most apologetic and said 'someone' should have phoned me!!

Now waiting for a phone call from the dealership when they get this mysterious, elusive part, so dear knows when the recall will be sorted! NOT AMUSED!! They didn't tell me not to drive the car so . . . .

Maybe a letter to Toyota UK might sort something out.

had the brake recall done, now had the 20 squid prepaid cash card drop through the door.

rockin.earned more out of this car than in the last 30 odd years of toyota ownership

Yeah, I too had the recall done a while ago and received the prepaid £20 card in the post today.

What to spend it on..... :)

• 2 months later...

Thanks La-La for posting this thread. I just checked our iQ on the Toyota site for this little problem and it says that - We have identified that your iQ should be scheduled for repair. So, I've got their number and will give them a call. Still not received our V5 yet! Car was bought 30 September, must be a lot of nose picking at DVLA and not enough work.

Still, it's legal, so what? Oh yeah, the recalls. Plus, the service log for the car is new -the original being lost somewhere, does not say if any extra work was done on it or which services were done and when the next is due -I am assuming these things are entered into a service register? With any luck they can tell me if any more recalls need doing on the car. Motorline of Cantebury had no problem releasing the car, however, I may be a bit premature in having a go at them fpr that yet so... I'll wait and see. Will keep this bit updated if I have any problems or not.

23-11-2011 11:55

FLASH! NEWS UPDATE! I called the dealer where I bought the car from, Motorline, Canterbury, and they informed me that the work was carried out on the car on 4th August 2011. So, no worries. What a relief. I was also told that there are no outstanding recalls for my car either, so double relief there then. :yahoo: