Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Horrible Horrible Iq

Phoenix999

I hope that none of you say that you like this IQ :ffs:

The parking Enforcement team of my local council have just aquired this as a replacement of one of their previous Smart cars, I hate the enforcement cars :censor:

EnforceIQ.jpg

What an ideal car to use for parking enforcement duties!

Much more comfortable for the operators than the Smart Car

• Like 1

We don't want them to be comfortable :(

They should be given GWiz's! :lol:

I like it.......

:P :lol:

What an ideal car to use for parking enforcement duties!

Much more comfortable for the operators than the Smart Car

most likly they got cos of the cut backs.we all have to do without little luxuries.

I dont know if thats in the same area as the Smart that was in the newspaper article,

showing the Smart parked up,

with the periscope/camera up spying over a wall checking on vehicles illegally parked.

The thing was, the Smart was parked on Double yellows.

george

:yahoo: Nothing wrong with the car, it's the use that it is being put too!

Our local council has a Smart car, bit silly really, putting dumbo parking attendants in a Smart car, maybe they think some of the smartness will rub off ?

:yahoo:

northamptonshire parking partnership has been using IQs for getting on for 2 years now. I do like to see themn cuz the idiots who park in the streets near me usually deserve it.cars abandoned on yellow lines, on street corners, half on the path and half on yellow lines , car sales place who think he owns the road,commuters who park their car up you ruddy exhaust pipe.

My issue with them is they seem to think themselves above the law.

Some of the positions I've seen them parked in just boggles the mind; I've had similar sightings to s44gtw, seeing them parked in bus lanes, double-yellows etc.

The worst example was at a junction where one of them'd parked on the exit of a junction at the beginning of a line of parked cars so close to the corner they were almost on the curve (And on double yellows!), and forced people crossing the junction to slow down to squeeze through the gap they'd left between where they'd parked and the traffic island!

If a HGV was passing through I'm sure it would have gotten stuck...

My issue with them is they seem to think themselves above the law.

Some of the positions I've seen them parked in just boggles the mind; I've had similar sightings to s44gtw, seeing them parked in bus lanes, double-yellows etc.

The worst example was at a junction where one of them'd parked on the exit of a junction at the beginning of a line of parked cars so close to the corner they were almost on the curve (And on double yellows!), and forced people crossing the junction to slow down to squeeze through the gap they'd left between where they'd parked and the traffic island!

If a HGV was passing through I'm sure it would have gotten stuck...

So shame them! Take a photo with your phone and send to the local paper and the local tv news... That's just the sort of thing they like to publish/broadcast... And it gives everyone else a laugh :thumbsup:

There's allegedly a story about someone doing just that and then getting done for dangerous driving (i.e. using the phone while driving)!!

They get you coming AND going!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that none of you say that you like this IQ :ffs:

The parking Enforcement team of my local council have just aquired this as a replacement of one of their previous Smart cars, I hate the enforcement cars :censor:

EnforceIQ.jpg

Yes they have one at my local council too. If the whole country got together and said enough is enough, and refused to pay these money making fines. They might just stop making them. It's just another rip off council tax with some illegal or asylum seeker behind the wheel.

• 6 years later...

An old thread,but been in browsing mode tonight(as you do!)! Council Not alowed to use them in south london anymore ,so theve got ampr cameras on the lamposts  near their all their money making hotspots, lots racking in more than  £1m amonth here !now the dirty iq s  hang around outside schools,zig zags etc,do they check these people with the police to be trusted,discusting in my point of view

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links