Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Planned Upgrades To 2.0 D4D

MadVlad

Hi,

I've been away from Toyota for a couple of years but am thinking of returning to the fold. I have noticed however that the power output of the Avensis 2.0 D4D isn't quite up there with the best. I don't want to remap/chip a new car so I was wondering if anyone knows of any plans by Toyota to up the power output of the 2.0 D4D engine.

Thanks in advance :)

Don't know of any plans but there are plenty of aftermarket boxes to help such as Tunit. If its power you want why not go for the bigger engine - "In the hunt for power there is no replacement for displacement".

These engines can't be remapped, so you need to research tuning boxes and find one that has good reviews and fits your budget.

I can recommend the Tuning box from Kingo, but it may not suit your budget. However, its approved by a Toyota dealer, so it may be worth the extra for that piece of mind.

These engines can't be remapped, so you need to research tuning boxes and find one that has good reviews and fits your budget.

I can recommend the Tuning box from Kingo, but it may not suit your budget. However, its approved by a Toyota dealer, so it may be worth the extra for that piece of mind.

Have you got a link to the Kingo tuning boxes Dave?

been lookink on the net but can't find them.

Thanks,

Ron

you might want to check out RACECHIP tuning box, i have one fitted to a 2.5 d4d its great no problems fitted over 2and a half years now, great for the price 129euro shipped....

you might want to check out RACECHIP tuning box, i have one fitted to a 2.5 d4d its great no problems fitted over 2and a half years now, great for the price 129euro shipped....

Thanks for the information, they're a lot easier to find than the Kingo ones.

Need to contact the Insurance co. to see how much extra premium they want.

Regards,

Ron

Have you got a link to the Kingo tuning boxes Dave?

been lookink on the net but can't find them.

Thanks,

Ron

Here you go mate:

http://www.lindoptoyota.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67

Contact 'Parts King' on this forum if you need any details as he is the seller :thumbsup:

I'm here!

PM me for more details

Kingo :thumbsup:

I dont think you'll go far wrong with either the "Tunit" or "Kingo" boxes. I can vouch for the Tunit ones as I think they are amazing. eBay for around the £150 used. £500 from Tunit direct with 3 years warranty and drive train to... Mine was used but has a 12 month warranty and a 5 year after care package... Have one on my Vw Polo TDi to :thumbsup:

Don't know of any plans but there are plenty of aftermarket boxes to help such as Tunit. If its power you want why not go for the bigger engine - "In the hunt for power there is no replacement for displacement".

VAG seem to do it :) .... my old 1.9 PD130 Fabia vRS many moons ago was making over 140 in stock trim. To the OP, Speaking from experience, you may have issues with a tuning box if you are looking at a MY2011 Avensis 2.0 D4D because of the revised ECU supporting the cursed DPF.

If it was a diesel you where after, imho there are a lot better diesel options than an Avensis at the moment, I am really regretting buying mine. A Skoda Superb MK2 in SE Trim is cheaper, has more toys, excellent residuals and a much punchier PD140 TDi engine, with the option of the CR170 motor, DSG gearboxes and class leading space.

I echo your comments about the VW PD engines.

I had a Leon FR TDI 150 (with full Cupra R kit) and it was pushing 168bhp from standard, and over 200bhp after a map, and my Fabia Vrs was 143bhp at the wheels in standard, and 182bhp after a remap.

Awesome engines, and very reliable.

I've no experience of the newer VAG common rail engines, but my mate who remapped my Fabia bought an Octavia vRS 170 TDI, and he has mapped it to safe level, and it goe's like stink!

It was on my short list when i bought my Auris, but i didn't need all that room so I opted for something smaller, and (so i hoped) more economical.