Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question Re Aygo Go

PCotgrave

Hi i've just placed an order on a new Aygo Go, with the Sat Nav etc (comes as standard?) Looking forward to it, although not my first city car, its definitely my first Toyota let alone an Aygo ;)

Anyways, the reason behind my post is i'm curious about the Sat Nav/Blutooth setup.

I've gone through the sales booklets etc and found that the blutooth is not a feature on the Go, so i'm presuming its a built in feature of the Sat Nav.

For those of you guys who own a Go, or even the Aygo with the Sat Nav, can this allow you to make use of the Sat Nav as a 'hands free kit' as such? If not, what can the Blutooth option be used for?

Thanks in advance,

Its appreciated

Firstly, welcome to TOC and well done for buying an Aygo, hope you will be happy with it.

We have the Aygo Blue, not the 'Go', but we do have bluetooth, and it does what it says on the tin, pair your phone with it, and it becomes handsfree and therefore legal.

My Bro-in-law has the Yaris with the standard removable satnav, and his bluetooth works fine, so no reason why yours in the Go won't be the same.

Good luck.

so i'm presuming its a built in feature of the Sat Nav.

For those of you guys who own a Go, or even the Aygo with the Sat Nav, can this allow you to make use of the Sat Nav as a 'hands free kit' as such?

Simple answer... Yes

You pair your phone to the tomtom, when you recieve a call, it apears on the screen with the options to answer or not.

There is a list on the tomtom website as to what phones can do wot with the tomtom.

You can not make a call while driving though(or atleast ive not found out how to)

:thumbsup:

so i'm presuming its a built in feature of the Sat Nav.

For those of you guys who own a Go, or even the Aygo with the Sat Nav, can this allow you to make use of the Sat Nav as a 'hands free kit' as such?

Simple answer... Yes

You pair your phone to the tomtom, when you recieve a call, it apears on the screen with the options to answer or not.

There is a list on the tomtom website as to what phones can do wot with the tomtom.

You can not make a call while driving though(or atleast ive not found out how to)

:thumbsup:

Ours in the Aygo Blue is voice activated, push the bitton and away you go.. In the Prius I use the visible screen directory, so assume in the Go it will be similar... I expect it to have some sort of directory visible on the screen on the tomtom, but never used one - always had Toyota fixed satnav's/bluetooth.

Hi

It's pretty easy to change the settings so that you can make calls when driving.

You have to be completely stopped to change these settings, though.

You need to touch the screen so that you see the main menu.

Press on "Change Preferences"

On the next screen, press on "Safety Preferences"

Remove the tick on "Hide most menu options when driving" by pressing on that line.

Press on "Done" as many times as you need to until you return to the main screen.

Now you will be able to make calls when driving. Just press on the screen when in satnav mode and press on mobile phone.

Thanks very much for all the replies.

So far I can only say I've had nothing but good things from Toyota and this forum.

Thanks again

Paul

I have a Go and the bluetooth works just fine with my HTC desire. With some phones it'll allow you to send text messages from the satnav or even keep up to date with the latest traffic (its very phone dependant though).

Hi

It's pretty easy to change the settings so that you can make calls when driving.

You have to be completely stopped to change these settings, though.

You need to touch the screen so that you see the main menu.

Press on "Change Preferences"

On the next screen, press on "Safety Preferences"

Remove the tick on "Hide most menu options when driving" by pressing on that line.

Press on "Done" as many times as you need to until you return to the main screen.

Now you will be able to make calls when driving. Just press on the screen when in satnav mode and press on mobile phone.

Tried this, but it just disconnects the call. Also tried it from pulling away, but as soon as you put the car into gear it disconnects the call.... :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links