Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Program A Toyota Corolla Key Fob

leo1986

hey guys

Brought another Remote Key Fob for my other half off eBay.

Only problem i have its been used and need to code it, to my corolla.

Does anyone know where i can get some instructions to code it in.

thanks

hey guys

Brought another Remote Key Fob for my other half off Ebay.

Only problem i have its been used and need to code it, to my corolla.

Does anyone know where i can get some instructions to code it in.

thanks

Try this procedure:

To Program Wireless Remote Transmitters:

Begin with:

The driver’s door open and unlocked.

Key out of the ignition.

1. Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch 2 times within 5 seconds.

NOTE:

Steps 2 and 3 should be performed within 40 seconds.

2. Close and open driver’s door TWICE.

3. Insert the key into the ignition and remove it.

NOTE:

Steps 4 – 6 should be performed within 40 seconds.

4. Close and open the driver’s door twice.

5. Insert the key into the ignition.

6. Close the door.

NOTE:

Steps 5 and 6 should be reversed for the following models ONLY (close door first,

then insert key into ignition):

2000 – 2005 Celica

2001 – 2003 Prius

2001 – 2005 ECHO

2001 – 2005 RAV4

2003 – 2004 Avalon

7. Turn the ignition switch from “Lock” to “On” and back to “Lock” at about 1 second

intervals to select the desired mode:

1 time for ADD mode.

2 times for REWRITE mode.

3 times for CONFIRMATION mode.

5 times for PROHIBITION mode.

8. Remove the key from the ignition.

9. To confirm your mode selection, the power locks will now cycle “lock” to “unlock” a

number of times corresponding to your key cycles in step 7.

NOTE: If Confirmation or Prohibition modes have been selected, opening the door will

complete the procedure.

10. For Add or Rewrite modes do the following within 40 seconds of Door

Lock confirmation:

A. Press both transmitter Lock and Unlock buttons simultaneously between 1 and

1.5 seconds and release.

B. Within 3 seconds of step A, press the transmitter Lock button for more than 1

second and release.

NOTE: If the transmitter has been successfully programmed, the power locks will

cycle “lock” to “unlock” once at this time. If there are problems with the transmitter or the procedure up to this point, the locks will cycle twice. If this occurs, verify that you have received the correct transmitter, and then repeat the above procedure.

C. If multiple remotes are to be reprogrammed, repeat steps A and B.

11. Open the driver’s door to conclude programming mode.

Hi

Just wondering...has anyone tried the above procedure and did it work for you??? :huh:

Hi

Just wondering...has anyone tried the above procedure and did it work for you??? :huh:

Well when i get my key fob i'll let you know

i hope it does as i have got a key fob that needs reprogramming and a new blade

good luck leo1986 thumbsup.gif

Not sure that procedure will work.....

The UK version of the TVSS (Toyota Vehicle Security System) does not have an option to add keys....

Well i have a Toyota Intelligent Tester at work.

So i'll try this procedure first but if it fails i'll put it straight on the computer.

Either way i really need a second key for the other half. :D

Well i have a Toyota Intelligent Tester at work.

So i'll try this procedure first but if it fails i'll put it straight on the computer.

Either way i really need a second key for the other half. :D

You have a T I T at work?? blink.gif

:P :lol:

YUP :thumbsup: My work use to be a Toyota Dealer.

Before we lost it. :crybaby:

You should really take more care with Dealer's.... altho losing one is pretty impressive.... have you checked down the back of your sofa??

• 1 month later...

can you programme any toyota key to any toyota, meaning i cant find a new 1 button key for my estima (2001) if i buy a three or two button and progrmme it will it work ??

:help:

• 11 months later...

Hi. did you manage to program the from eBay with these instructions?

ta

Hi. did you manage to program the from eBay with these instructions?

ta

• 9 months later...

Hi guys

Can anyone help please. Ive got a 54 reg corolla T Sport, I want to buy a key fob for the car as i dont have one at all. What i want to know is that can i buy any new style two button key fob or does it have to be a specific one, as i have seen so many on eBay but they have different frequencies and there is two different makes to , Denso and Valeo,

Kind Regards

Riz

That will probably work for the remote locking/unlocking but may not start the engine. I had to do another bit where you have to press brake/gas/clutch combination, I'll dig it out when I get home in the evening.

edit: Mine was used, from eBay. I then got one of those flip blanks, got me locksmith to cut for £5. Just make sure the fob is the same type as the old one.

There you, this worked on my corolla.

Part1

1. Start with the key out of the ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and
drivers door is unlocked.

2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds.
A. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.
B. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.

3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
A. Close then open the drivers door.
B. Close then open the drivers door.
C. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.

4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
A. Close then open the drivers door.
B. Close then open the drivers door.
C. Insert the key into ignition and leave it in ignition.
D. Close the drivers door.
E. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF.
F. Remove the key from the ignition.

5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically
indicating successful entry into programming mode.
Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
A. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously for 1.5 seconds.
B. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons,
Press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door
locks should lock and then unlock once indicating successful programming. If
the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps A and B in step 6 as the remote was
not accepted.
C. Repeat steps A and B in step 6 for each new remote.

7. Open drivers door.

Part2
Immobiliser:

1. Now that you have the newly cut key and the master key, you can program the Toyota transponder key.
Sit in the driver's side of the Toyota vehicle.
Press and release the brake and gas pedal simultaneously.

2. Insert the master transponder key. Do not turn it.
Push and release the gas pedal 5 times within at least 15 seconds of inserting the master key.

3. Press and release the brake pedal 6 times within 20 seconds of completing step 2, then remove the master transponder key.

4. Insert the newly cut transponder key into the ignition, but do not turn.
Press the gas pedal once.

5. Wait up to 2 minutes or whenever the security light on the dashboard turns off. Once the light goes off, remove the new transponder key and press the brake pedal once.

The new transponder key should now be programmed. Test the key by attempting to start the engine. If the engine does not start, repeat the steps above.

• 8 months later...

Hi Guys, I'm after some advice. I have just purchased a 2000 Corolla, it only came with 1 key remote its a two button remote. I have found new fobs on eBay but was wondering if the procedures listed here to programe it will work on my Corolla as well. To enable me to have 2 keys that lock/unlock and start the engine. Any help appreciated.

Graham.

Would be interested in this also. This year (2000) of car has a cable throttle, rather than fly by wire

• 1 month later...
Tried the steps... can't program them.

However, the problem lies with the car and not the remotes, so far. I can't get the car into programming mode. I've followed the instructions to the letter, in youtube form:

and text

1. drivers door open

all other doors closed

drivers door unlocked

2. insert key into ignition and pull out

3. press the lock and unlock buttons 5 times

lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock, unlock

4. close the drivers door, then open it again

5. insert key into ignition, turn ignition on, and then off. then pull key out

locks should shuffle lock/unlock once

6. press both the lock and unlock buttons at the same time and hold for 1 second.

I run through it but when I pull the key out the locks do NOT cycle.

I believe the problem is the aftermarket security system installed on the vehicle by the previous owner. I don't see ANY identifying marks, there is a red LED next to the interior-light brightness dial that indicates when the system is alert (doors opening/closing, car turning on) and there is a small dongle switch waaaay under the dash on the driver's side that enables/disables the system and has to be switched at a certain time to re-enable starting the engine. If you flip the switch while the car isn't running (which I've done a few times trying to get the programming to work), it sometimes activates and disables the vehicle.

We don't have any idea what kind of system it is or what it is hooked up to, or how to disable it. I'm *hoping* that my pitiful little description might enable someone to identify it and possibly how to work around it to program the fob.

I've found other instructions, telling me to hold down the program button on the ECU but I am unable to locate the ECU. It's a 2001 Corolla LE and I've seen people say it is under the driver's seat (no), under the steering wheel (no), behind the glove box (seriously doubt it but maybe I missed it), under the passenger seat (no), or under the hood or in the trunk, both of which I wouldn't be able to locate.

I figure that if I can find the ECU I'll be able to bypass the annoying security system and program the fobs, but alas, it has eluded me. I got behind the glove box and saw quite a few wires and boxes and stuff, but nothing that had a discernible or labeled button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

Dee here, my son's 02 corolla 2.0 d4d only has one key, and by the look of it might not have it much longer.

I have sourced two blanks and had them cut, spot on as well, but am being very tentative about reprogramming the transponders in them.(got a few old T keys in a breakers yard)

Is there any possibility of messing up the current electronic system? and being left with nothing?

I was enquiring a while back of a locksmith and he was talking phone numbers (£200+) to do the job, and the car would need to be left with him and he would have to access the security electronics as well.

Sounds like a toss up as to whether it would be worth spending that money on a car that age/value.

I would really appreciate any advice on the subject and TIA.

Dee

Hi all,

Dee here, my son's 02 corolla 2.0 d4d only has one key, and by the look of it might not have it much longer.

I have sourced two blanks and had them cut, spot on as well, but am being very tentative about reprogramming the transponders in them.(got a few old T keys in a breakers yard)

Is there any possibility of messing up the current electronic system? and being left with nothing?

I was enquiring a while back of a locksmith and he was talking phone numbers (£200+) to do the job, and the car would need to be left with him and he would have to access the security electronics as well.

Sounds like a toss up as to whether it would be worth spending that money on a car that age/value.

I would really appreciate any advice on the subject and TIA.

Dee

Similar problem to mine.

Went to a locksmith guy in Glasgow who did me a manual key that opens the doors and starts the car for £60. There is some electronic stuff to do but get one of these first rather that the super duper remote door opening key.

Hi Ken Mavor,

thanks for the reply. There is a lot of functions in that wee key, like the security system, burglar alarm, anti theft, ignition activation etc. My fear would be trying to reprogramming another key and being left with nothing, like mess up the current codes. Does anyone know if this a possibility and/or had a similar experience. Have you heard of this happening to someone.

I'd be as game as the next man to try it but not if there was the possibility of afore-mentioned situation, I do not like sin-die options.

Maybe we'll hear from someone regarding this.

Best wishes, Dee