Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Opinions

alan589

My clutch went tonight so need a new one.

I have read that the standard ones are not great. What clutches are generally thought to be best for the TS?

Thanks

Alan

What car have u got corolla T sport or avensis T-spirit.......vvti or d4d

when i went to pick my car up ,i found that it literally had no clucth (after he said there was nothing wrong with the car)

so anyway i managed to get him to fit a free new one , its a ADL blueprint one ,when i looked at the reciept it was like £220 or something .It works and is nice and light

Can any one point me on the direction of a updated clutch??

Will the exedy celica on fit ours??

unless you've made big gains in torque the engine is putting out is there any need for an uprated clutch? i would recommend going for a normal LUK to keep the best balance between performance and everyday driveablility i've read posts where performance clutches aren't the most pleasant to use in daily driving?

I did over 100 pod runs last year, there is no way I'm going standard. Will be going for a light weight flywheel too.

I rarely drive my t sport in heavy traffic so I'd be happy with a more performance based set up.

Does any one on here have a performance clutch that could point me in the right direction??

I use a Exedy stage 1 clutch , which I find is fine :thumbsup:

Coolio!!

They had sold out of the uprated clutch last time I looked

I quite facey the Cerametallic - 4 Paddle driveplate one - what does everyone think??

I plumped for the standard Fensport one. Good price. They advised that it is an ADL Blueprint clutch so should be ok.

Thanks

Good call alan, you won't find one for much better value

Ha I added the Clutch Release Bearing, Helix Uprated Clutch Cover Assembly, Helix Uprated Clutch Plate Cerametallic - 4 Paddle, Fidanza Lightweight Alluminium to the basket....£700 delivered!! ouch

Good call alan, you won't find one for much better value

Ha I added the Clutch Release Bearing, Helix Uprated Clutch Cover Assembly, Helix Uprated Clutch Plate Cerametallic - 4 Paddle, Fidanza Lightweight Alluminium to the basket....£700 delivered!! ouch

Luke mate you will not be dissapointed with the Fidanza flywheel :thumbsup:

ouch. ceramic would be better for the ammount of runs you do at the pod as the can take more heat without slipping but the do wear quicker with normal driving and you may get some judder on engagement :thumbsup:

ouch. ceramic would be better for the ammount of runs you do at the pod as the can take more heat without slipping but the do wear quicker with normal driving and you may get some judder on engagement :thumbsup:

My organic one seems to be lasting fine :thumbsup:

organic ones are best for normal road use they tend not to like lots of harsh acceleration and slipping ie drag starting as they cant handle the heat aswell as ceramic :thumbsup: there both good just different applications

what exact set up you running lozza?

what exact set up you running lozza?

Fidanza 7.5kg flywheel

Exedy stage 1 clutch

Castrol gear oil :thumbsup:

where did you get the exedy clutch from? you got a link? sounds like a good set up?

does it come with normal organic plate and release bearing?

where did you get the exedy clutch from? you got a link? sounds like a good set up?

does it come with normal organic plate and release bearing?

The company I purchased it from is no longer going, which is a shame but you can buy straight from Exedy uk I believe,it does come with a release bearing in the kit.

I got my flywheel from Fensport, Tony there is a good man :thumbsup:

Exedy Stage 1 from my experience in different cars are a good mix for performance and daily, it maintains pretty much most of the daily drive characteristics of being light enough for traffic and the added benefit of being able to take more abuse. One thing to think about though is that if you get such an agressive clutch set up you might run the risk of there being no give what so ever when engaged, i.e a drag run where to pop the clutch and those ponies from the engine might go finding another weak spot in the drive train.. and this could be either stripping your gears or bending a drive shaft.. something to keep in mind when choosing your next clutch.. the suggested Exedy Stage 1 with lightened flywheel will give you good throttle response and the amount of "give" to keep a standard drive train happy with ability to take some more abuse, but as mentioned before you may experience a shorter clutch life..

Hope my little 2p worth helps you make your decision :thumbsup:

Great photo album scott, enjoyed looking throught that.