Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2004 Plastic Head Light Lenes

LOZZA_T_SPORT

I have done mine (they were really bad) and they have come up a lot better but I think I will be buying some new ones soon once funds allow

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LOZZA_T_SPORT

• leo1986

• Numeryk

• A2KLAU

I have done mine (they were really bad) and they have come up a lot better but I think I will be buying some new ones soon once funds allow

Any before and after pics mate ?

What did you use ? :thumbsup:

I haven't got any pics tbh, I used sanding paper as per the youtube vid and then a few different rubbing/ polishing compounds to 'bring back' the lens, The edges are still quite bad and what I am thinking is to get 2 new headlights (around £100 to £120) and get them finished in black inside. I just can't live with the misting effect that is left hence the new ones........thats after I have done all the other stuff thats in the pipeline

Hi All,

Finally got around to uploading the pictures. I think the difference is sibstantial but there is still some areas that are "matt" like in the areas where the headligh was oroginally in the worst condition. Autosol gets rid of the yellow tint very quickly, but after than it is a lot of polish to get a small gain.

I am not sure if you can still improve on what is visible on the "after" pictures but I would say the result is still very good.

Sorry for different angles and exposure but pictures taken on different days and with different weather.

Before:

r0012763.jpg

r0012762.jpg

r0012761.jpg

After:

r0012765.jpg

r0012767.jpg

r0012766.jpg

Very good effort mate, looks tons better :thumbsup:

Thats pretty much how mine have turned out too, good effort I know how much work went into that :thumbsup:

Thanks!

I used a microfibre cloth for polish, I reckon some sort of fleece coudl potentially give a slightly better results but did not have any around.

Excellent results mate! Looking at the pics they look fresh! Maybe stick some polish on it after you wash the car each time to give it some protection and prevent the dullness coming back :thumbsup: must have some really toned arms from all that effort!

Will be doing mine in 2 weeks time, got some t-cut like stuff from work :thumbsup:

Looks like ive got lots of rubing to be doing

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links