Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Gt4 St185 Cuts Out Exactly 14 Secs After Startup Anyone?

shabzgt4rc

hi my cars sat in the garage for 2 weeks now had a new ct26 stage 2 put on runs fine while driving but cuts out..the car stalls exactly at 14 secs every time after start up if you give a little gas stays running as soon as you let go it stalls even at stand still..

i realy need my car back from the garage but dont want it until this problems resolved ran fine before new turbo didnt stall at all..any thoughts anyone?

Sounds like weak fuel pressure. The pump will prime on startup so you have pressure on the rail before the engine cranks over. Sounds like the pressure then drops until it cuts out and upping the revs gives it enough to stay running.

Get a pressure gauge on the fuel rail and see if the pressure does drop as its gets towards 14secs. Could be the fuel pump is on its last legs....

thanks for the info il defo get that checked tomorrow will let the mechanic know nice one

problem sorted was the fueling that made the car stall had 2 sets of wiring for the fuel dont have a clue why.. i think your right my pumps on its way out slightly hesitates on startup like theres fuel starvation another thing feels like a cut of power at higher rpm but engine and turbo pulling strong..

the new ct26 sounds real nice im happy with it fitting the 3 inch front pipe on tomorrow..you think a walbro 255 be any good eBay do a 255 fuel pump item number 390184999639 is it a good part?? another thing does it decrease or effect mpg in anyway?

I have one of those eBay pumps. I personally dont mind who makes it and where it comes from as long as it works :) lol

The seller doesnt appear to have much megative feedback so i wouldnt worry about it.

I cant think of a reason why a bigger pump would affect your MPG. The amount of fuel that goes in is controlled by the ECU's map.

iIRC the st205's you end up over fueling due to the pressure regulator not being able to cope with the extra fuel delivery but I'm not sure if that was proven in any way