Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chip Tuning Toyota Avensis 150Hp D4D?

Pavlin

Hello, is it possible to remap the ECU of Toyota Avensis 150HP D4D?

I've read much about Powerboxes, but I don't want to add power by fooling the ECU.

What are the difficulties with remapping Toyota ECU?

Hello, is it possible to remap the ECU of Toyota Avensis 150HP D4D?

I've read much about Powerboxes, but I don't want to add power by fooling the ECU.

What are the difficulties with remapping Toyota ECU?

No one has managed to decripped the Denso Ecu yet! so you cant "Chip" it in the old way . But you can have a piggy back box like the "TUNIT" that is one of the best on the marked (In my view) at almost £500. These don't fool the engine so it thinks its running cold and pump more fuel in like some cheap £50 resistor ones, and run the engine well within Toyota's parameters.

They have 9 different settings from more economy to warp speed!... I was amazed at the difference its made to the power and how smooth the power was delivered. The engine runs quieter now, and the Mpg has gone up 7mpg on setting 5. I think that the BG244 fuel treatment had a little to do with that as well maybe.

The box gives you around 25bhp more and you should get around a 12% improvement in Mpg, also a 27% reduction in emmisions. You can pick one up off eBay for around the £130 mark as I did or less. I bought a similar box for my mates Tourage for £5.50!!! Brand new! and the original price was £430.80. I was just lucky on eBay that night :toast: Mine still had 2 and a half years warranty left on it an all. And I think you'll find that Tunit is one of the only manufactures that give a drive train warranty.

When I was looking into these I read a lot of reviews from mags like "Diesel Car" which liked the box very much. If you go onto the Tunit site you'll see all the reviews for yourself and the customers feedback.

A member "Kingo" on here sells a similar tuning box that some members are using and the reports are that they are very good. But I cant comment on them as I've never used them.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Btw... I've just bought one for my Polo TDi so I must be happy with this british made box :toast:

Thank you, Mistermena.

But I'd like to learn some more specifics of those boxes. From what I understand they put something after the air pressure sensor and before fuel pump so, by my opinion, that too fools the ECU, the engine is running on higher pressure and slightly more fuel.

For the VAG engines though, there is no problem to change the maps, I think that would be the better solution for the Polo.

Thank you, Mistermena.

But I'd like to learn some more specifics of those boxes. From what I understand they put something after the air pressure sensor and before fuel pump so, by my opinion, that too fools the ECU, the engine is running on higher pressure and slightly more fuel.

For the VAG engines though, there is no problem to change the maps, I think that would be the better solution for the Polo.

You're welcome...

If you give a guy called Dan a ring at Tunit he'll explain how there boxes work. But theses types of boxes don't increase Turbo boost or fool the ECU into supplying more fuel to the fuel rail. This boxs plugs into a socket on the fuel rail. But like you said, have a read up and see what kinda info you can find out :thumbsup:

PM Me with your email address if you want more info. As mentioned above, the ECU cannot be re-mapped so dont spend any time looking for that online, a tuning box is the ONLY way to go

Kingo :thumbsup:

PM Me with your email address if you want more info. As mentioned above, the ECU cannot be re-mapped so dont spend any time looking for that online, a tuning box is the ONLY way to go

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hope I get a golf ball commision if a sale happens too :yahoo: :P :yes: