Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1995 Rav 4 Fuel Tank

Hyperborean

Hullo folks, does anyone know a manufacturer of new after market fuel tanks for the 1995 Rav 4, or a source for a top quality used tank? thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum. As far as I know, the tank is only available from Toyota in this country at a price closer to £400 new. There are after market ones available in USA for around $165 but you ideally need to know someone there who can ship it for you.

The tank is pretty standard throughout the range of RAV4s so you may find a decent one from one of the scrappies who are contactable through the internet - sometimes via portals like Parts Gateway. Or try any Jap car breakers - I'm sure many would stick a tank on a pallet for you.

Is your tank leaking ? The common problem was the breather pipe and filler pipe corroding.

Hi Roddie and welcome aboard t'club,

I discovered by accident a breakers in Glasgow recently on the splinternet who seemed to have at least two 4.1 Ravs (that's your Rav variant/type)and was gradually breaking them up. I will try and find again for you and report back.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Found them :0141 440 2900 Japanese Auto Parts, Helen St., Glasgow.(on eBay prolifically)

Need any furra help, just shout.

I discovered by accident a breakers in Glasgow recently on the splinternet who seemed to have at least two 4.1 Ravs (that's your Rav variant/type)and was gradually breaking them up. I will try and find again for you and report back.

Found them :0141 440 2900 Japanese Auto Parts, Helen St., Glasgow.(on ebay prolifically)

gie the chap a haun..... buy wan and tak it up an fit the thing!

By the way, you know you need to drop the propshaft to remove the tank? I'd think about replacing some of the metal pipes with reinforced rubber hosing too, and as I said check the breather pipe...thats easily replaced. The filler pipe is more of a problem due to its shape - I did try a fix using petrol grade plastic pipe but the lower joint has been a pain to get fuel-tight.

Found them :0141 440 2900 Japanese Auto Parts, Helen St., Glasgow.(on ebay prolifically)

By the way, you know you need to drop the propshaft to remove the tank? I'd think about replacing some of the metal pipes with reinforced rubber hosing too, and as I said check the breather pipe...thats easily replaced. The filler pipe is more of a problem due to its shape - I did try a fix using petrol grade plastic pipe but the lower joint has been a pain to get fuel-tight.

Roddie, if you speak nicely to Bothy, next time he is crawling under some unsuspecting soul's Rav to remove his catalyser, he could maybe get ye the fuel tank assembly too...?

Big Kev :yahoo:

Roddie, if you speak nicely to Bothy, next time he is crawling under some unsuspecting soul's Rav to remove his catalyser, he could maybe get ye the fuel tank assembly too...?

Big Kev :yahoo:

seems fair.

Whits the address? 2671 Hawyoojymmie Road, Sprungbin ? :lol: