Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Ride Height

st205hunter

iv just bough a basic 04 avensis d4d but im just wondering if any of the higher spec avensis came with a lower ride hight ie t spirit tr t180

id live to lower the car a little on 18" alloys but a dont want to loose comfort i read that Eibach make the trd tte springs but will these still make the car rough on the road with 225/40/18 wheels

you will notice no change in the ride apart from it corners better and theirs not as much pitch and roll on stopping quick and shooting off al the lights..

I hope you have plenty of padding on your RRR's coz fitting 18" wheels on an 04 Avensis will feel like you are sitting on a plank IMHO, I had one many years ago all dollied up and didnt like it at all over the 17" set up

Kingo :thumbsup:

If you change to lower profile tyres you have to trade ride comfort. Toyota spent loads of money developing the car, probably a good idea to trust them.

i now i will loose some ride comfort for my messing around but im trying to limit it. the 18" have a 40 profile tyre over the 16" 55's but worted case if the wheels make it too rough il trade them in for 17"

I have 18s with a 40 profile and on 45 mm lowering springs and have no issues with ride or comfort.

iv just bough a basic 04 avensis d4d but im just wondering if any of the higher spec avensis came with a lower ride hight ie t spirit tr t180

id live to lower the car a little on 18" alloys but a dont want to loose comfort i read that EIBACH make the trd tte springs but will these still make the car rough on the road with 225/40/18 wheels

Hi mate i'm not 100% on this but I am led to believe that the Avensis made for the Ireland market had a higher ride hieght than the UK spec cars, if this is the case standard springs from a UK car would lower your car. Also the Uk cars from 2006 onwards have a heavy duty thicker anti roll bar and stiffer shocks on the front, not sure about the backend so this would include the T180, Tr and T-spirit like mine as you mentioned.

Pete.

Howya darran

You have an irish car with the rough road package or on toyodiy( http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_2004_TOYOTA_AVENSIS_CDT250R-AEMEYW_4803.html ) known as "ireland spec" its not the springs that are different to the uk models its as far as i remember 3 smaller parts top and bottom of the springs. (i might be wrong there) i have an irish avensis but i got toyota juno 17"s with 215/45 tyres on it , the handling on the corners is vastly improved . i talked to a guy in toyota garage who had the lowered springs on his estate said it handled fantastic with the springs and the 17's but he wouldn't recomend the 18's . Eibach make the springs for TTE so get Eibach same model save a few bob. The springs will drop the car 30mm but because its the rough road package it'll probaly drop it by 15 to 20 mm which will look good with 17's.

though at the moment i'm looking at putting on 225/45/17 's on because that would be the correct size tyre but the alloy is only 7" wide but it should still go on. I hope you could follow all of that

@ 9BarStrata & t-spiritpete thank ye both this explains alot

and iv gone for 17" wheels with a 45 profile tyre just couldn let my self get another set of 18's for irish roads

ok checking out toyodiy and there are irish spec shocks and springs listed different part numbers to the uk spec so im hoping a set of -30mm springs till make my irish spec sit the same as a standard uk spec

ok checking out toyodiy and there are irish spec shocks and springs listed different part numbers to the uk spec so im hoping a set of -30mm springs till make my irish spec sit the same as a standard uk spec

That's good news mate, I was pretty sure my info was correct and from a reliable source. ;)

Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links