Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport Performance Mods

dillonv

Hello I have a 2003 corolla t sport just got 8000 km do you know of any performance mods i can make, maybe something that can me reach the 6000 rpm faster ?

Thanks in advance

Dillon from Malta

Fidanza fly wheel mate, will help the engine rev quicker :thumbsup:

Unfortunately you are bot allowed to talk about performance modifications to your vehicle as this implies you will be using it for purposes such as "illegal street racing" and the more popular known "formula 1"

You have all been warned!!!

As long as he doesn't start using terms like "private road" or my all time favourite, "private motorway" :lol: he'll be fine

Flywheel will definitely help but it will take some getting used too for normal road use

Induction kit + Exhaust might see a 5 - 10bhp gain however if you want more than that your talking big money

Yeah your right we cant go that quick in malta, but we have a quarter mile track soo, im not looking for a way to increase bhp im just looking for some ways to increase accelerate faster so that lift will come in earlier hehe

Ahh and by the way i was thinking of gething a stainless steal cat back exhaust but i heard somewhere on this forum that it will not make any difference on the t sport, is this true ?

Ahh and by the way i was thinking of gething a stainless steal cat back exhaust but i heard somewhere on this forum that it will not make any difference on the t sport, is this true ?

They sound better for sure, I have only had the backbox fitted and tbh the cars does feel a little quicker at higher revs, if it isn't I don't care as the sound is just awesome

if you want to get up the gears quicker then the box ratios need changing if you dont want to increase bhp. To get lift earlier you will need a camcon or stand alone ecu :) to see real gains from an exhaust it needs a 4 2 1 manifold and de cat really

Mr-p i searched for an ecu but i couldnt find any. My mechanic told me about the apexi vafc neo, its like a pigy back... He told me that if i remove the catalic and replace the factory manifold with haders, i could add up to maximum 20 bhp with the vafc. Anyone tried this Before?

And what is a camcon?

yep the apexi is good but the g reddy e manage ultimate is better imo. 20bhp with a 4 2 1, induction kit and ecu should at the very most give that id say with some lary cams maybe another 5 - 10 bhp. Camcon is just a box that allows you to tune the lift point in 500rpm increments. Sure someone on here is running one but you wont get the same gain as an ecu and the difference in cost is minimal. Search power enterprises camcon in google. I dont know to much about it :)

The cost for the gain is not worth it on these cars

What car do you drive ? I think every peny spent on these cars is worth it ...

I have a 2005 Corolla T-Sport, would like to know what other cars I have owned too?

Fact of the matter is, the cost per gain on these cars in my opinion is not worth it, the Corolla T-Sport never was a particulary fast car but it is very good at being a fairly quick and different from the norm hatch

I have a 2005 Corolla T-Sport, would like to know what other cars I have owned too?

Fact of the matter is, the cost per gain on these cars in my opinion is not worth it, the Corolla T-Sport never was a particulary fast car but it is very good at being a fairly quick and different from the norm hatch

QFA

There's a reason why sheep buy a CTR :lol:

Ok ok its not that fast, but i stand i up with some integras here and i only have a blitz induction, when the lift kics in its a real beast hehe, if the cts revs a litle bit faster .... Do you have the compresor model? Anyone knows where i can get A supercharger? I went to ask toyota but here i have the only tsport bought new from malta lol, and they didnt now about the model haha

The CTS doesn't have Honda's Type R following so parts aren't as readily available or as cheap

Most who run an exhaust + intake seem to see about 200bhp

There are supercharger kits available but they cost a fortune, the blitz one for example is about £6k + fitting, TTE used to make a kit but their rare as rocking horse ****. There's a guy on here whose done a complete custom supercharger install, you could ask him if he would like a trip to malta :lol:

The CTS doesn't have Honda's Type R following so parts aren't as readily available or as cheap

Most who run an exhaust + intake seem to see about 200bhp

There are supercharger kits available but they cost a fortune, the blitz one for example is about £6k + fitting, TTE used to make a kit but their rare as rocking horse ****. There's a guy on here whose done a complete custom supercharger install, you could ask him if he would like a trip to malta :lol:

fact of the matter is, the aftermarket support is not great as there isnt much room for improvement with bolt ons. Sometimes wish toyota went hardcore and just went 2.0, but then they didnt set out to compete with the k20 the 2zz-ge was more of a match for the b18

i have fitted to my car,

-fidanza lightweight flywheel

-exedy stage 1 clutch(cant feel any difference tbh lol)

-custom induction with apexi filter

-ported exhaust manifold

-custom cat back

-MWR lightweight pulleys

-MWR short shifter

-Hondata Intake Gasket

-D2 coilovers

-Mtec discs and red stuff pads

-Hel Brake lines

-and lighter 17" alloy wheels with parada spec 2 tyres.

and tbh ive spent quet alot of money on it, and it does drive really well, and its beast on track at the moment. not doing anything else performance wise other than maybe a de-cat with another silencer as its pretty loud. i would go standalone but i cant justify the cost right now. if i was the only way id go is Apexi PFC. as its awesome.

i have fitted to my car,

-fidanza lightweight flywheel

-exedy stage 1 clutch(cant feel any difference tbh lol)

-custom induction with apexi filter

-ported exhaust manifold

-custom cat back

-MWR lightweight pulleys

-MWR short shifter

-Hondata Intake Gasket

-D2 coilovers

-Mtec discs and red stuff pads

-Hel Brake lines

-and lighter 17" alloy wheels with parada spec 2 tyres.

and tbh ive spent quet alot of money on it, and it does drive really well, and its beast on track at the moment. not doing anything else performance wise other than maybe a de-cat with another silencer as its pretty loud. i would go standalone but i cant justify the cost right now. if i was the only way id go is Apexi PFC. as its awesome.

Sounds like a great setup

Agreed, nice balanced setup =) Power FC are awesome bits of kit, good value for money but shame they don't make them anymore from last I heard.. As for power extraction Toyota tuned these engines to a pretty high level to match Honda's offerings and they have done an awesome job, but with such highly tuned N/A engines extracting more power becomes very expensive.. if you go to the max it would pretty much result in the only stock thing in the engine would be the block itself.. forced induction would be the easier route to get more power but I would recommend lowering the compression a little.. high compression engines don't seem to like boost all that much..