Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tpa 800 Parking Aid Installation Issues

martincable

Hello,

I have recently installed a TPA800 parking Aid kit into my avensis following instructions 'AIM 000 284-0' and it is not functioning - and my wife thinks that I am incompetent :-).

There are 2 wires with fuses in line that connect to the main ECU via the loom and the one connecting the ECU to the reverse light is showing 12V whereas the wire connecting the ECU to wire 11 (colour L-R) in plug IM2 is not showing any sensible voltage, just 75mA. The connection is made to this wire at Step 42 and 43 of the installation.

So firstly, can anyone tell me what the '+15' next to the key in the installation diagram means?

Secondly, I have been looking at the electrical schematics (EWD526E) of the car and all the information so far is indicating that the installation manual is not correct as wire 11 in connector IM2 should be white (W) and the wire which is L-R (Blue and Red) is in location 17!

I did go to Toyota and discuss this and they kindly spent some time trawling some electrical schematics and whilst one of the wires in this connector are marked as power, they could not identify which one. One alternative is to either probe all wires in the connector or connect it to my cigarette lighter (which I would rather not do)

If anyone has installed a TPA800 then could you tell me what you did?

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Martin.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links