Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Rattle

Big Kev

Does that mean it's safer south of Adrian's wall?

Hadrian's wall is in better nick than most of our roads up here, BFR....I have noted such as Charlie Farlie making comparative remarks re our roads. Probably what has prompted folk to buy Rav 4's....they watch an episode of "Daktari" then think "good grief...that's like central Glasgow's roads that dirt track....!"

Big Kev :lol:

Does that mean it's safer south of Adrian's wall?

Hadrian's wall is in better nick than most of our roads up here, BFR....I have noted such as Charlie Farlie making comparative remarks re our roads. Probably what has prompted folk to buy Rav 4's....they watch an episode of "Daktari" then think "good grief...that's like central Glasgow's roads that dirt track....!"

Big Kev :lol:

I can only concur with the Big Fella that the roads in Scotland are absolutely rubber ducked !! Im in the Midlands as I type this and Yes the roads here were hit last winter and quite badly as well. The only difference being that down here they employ strange looking guys in green suits to repair/resurface the farking things.

Scotland is a fantastic Often beutifull scenic place especially up in the Highlands !!its just a shame We have to go by road to get to them !!

I was in Dundee yesterday (got to go on the big Rowan Viking drilling rig in the docks there - there's a big beastie)

I'm well jealous, how did you manage that ?

I was in Dundee yesterday (got to go on the big Rowan Viking drilling rig in the docks there - there's a big beastie)

Davemin...that will be The Rig that coined the famous song....."Oh Rowan Tree, Oh Rowan Tree, you make such nice Fruit Gums for me....?"

Big Kev...seeing doctor Monday....

Ah - I was invited to participate in a workshop onboard.

Generally, I do risk and reliability assessments in high risk industries, so work out how people and systems operate, all the ways they could fail, and the consequences if they fail. Then I work out the risk to people, aseets, and the environment, and determine if they need additional risk reduction measures. Then I write the maintenance regimes to ensure whatever measures (safety critical systems/ structures) they have are fit-for-purpose and will be maintained so that they are readily available on demand. Always varied and quite interesting.

Interestingly, I was recently working with a different company who run a fleet of offshore mobile units, and they were saying that the industry in general is having problems with their engines, because the diesel fuel is having to have a percentage of bio-fuel added to it. Wonder if that's a RAV diesel problem? I know my BMW has a sticker on it saying no bio-fuel, but I can't avoid it, and the BP Premium I use has up to 7% of the stuff added.

Generally, I do risk and reliability assessments in high risk industries, so work out how people and systems operate, all the ways they could fail, and the consequences if they fail. Then I work out the risk to people, aseets, and the environment, and determine if they need additional risk reduction measures. Then I write the maintenance regimes to ensure whatever measures (safety critical systems/ structures) they have are fit-for-purpose and will be maintained so that they are readily available on demand. Always varied and quite interesting.

So does that make you a Chief Pixie with 'Elf and Safety' then :unsure:

Oops...steady Davrav....I have it on good authority he also has a snake belt in karaoke.

Diplomatic Kev :shutit:

Oops...steady Davrav....I have it on good authority he also has a snake belt in karaoke.

Diplomatic Kev :!Removed!:

Not to worry.............I've got a Blackbelt in Origami :D

Nah - don't do elf'n'safety (you've been reading Littlejohn too much in the Daily Mail).

Risk and reliability engineering - pays a helluva lot more :thumbsup:

I bet it does - you can scare the client witless and then sell them the solution. Can't lose :thumbsup:

I bet it does - you can scare the client witless and then sell them the solution. Can't lose :thumbsup:

Don't have to - there's so much work out there.

But even wth a couple of degrees, Chartered Engineer status, 20 years experience, too many professional courses to remember, and having the influence to stop/ go multi-billion pound projects, Mr T's service department's hourly rate is still more than mine :eek:

Don't have to - there's so much work out there.

But even wth a couple of degrees, Chartered Engineer status, 20 years experience, too many professional courses to remember, and having the influence to stop/ go multi-billion pound projects, Mr T's service department's hourly rate is still more than mine :eek:

Aye, Marskerz....overheads, overheads....and what do you call that period between all those courses....? Intercourse.....

C.A.Kev :lol: (From the University of Life,left school at 15 tae sweep chimneys, but still ended up paying 40% + tax and woeful amounts of NIC, anywhere up to 17.5% mortgage interest, 25% VAT.....MA WEE HEART BLEEDS FOR THAME ACADEMICS....)

haha - ah got ma ain back oan thay theivin baskets ..... took retirement when ah wis 44 and then claimed benefits frae ma pot of gold paid to the govt when ah wis working. sadly the pot must hae run oot last year cos they stopped paying me. :crybaby: :crybaby:

With wur charity project, found oot whits the risk in shifting paving slabs.... wan o oor mature asholes dropped a slab on his finger, fracturing said finger, despite being instructed as to the risk and hazard by not handling to instructions. result - out of court settlement being discussed the noo! I'm arranging fur his hoose tae suffer frae a bit o Big Kevs creaking (neatly brought back on topic eh?) aifter the glass breaks :shutit:

C.A.Kev :lol: (From the University of Life,left school at 15 tae sweep chimneys, but still ended up paying 40% + tax and woeful amounts of NIC, anywhere up to 17.5% mortgage interest, 25% VAT.....MA WEE HEART BLEEDS FOR THAME ACADEMICS....)

Big Kev van !Removed! :D

Now as the ladder of life

'As been strung

You may think a sweep's

On the bottommost rung

Though I spends me time

In the ashes and soot

In this 'ole wide world

There's no 'appier bloke

With all that soot, you should have been an expert in cleaning the EGR valves?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links