Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3s-ge And 3s-gte Differences

leclercqr

TBH the Mk1 WAS great car in its day but it will be beaten by most Diesel cars these days especially the 1.6!

The golf is a bit lardy compared to what???

My cars?

I've got a MR2 Turbo that is lardy - 1250kg (260bhp) .. and a S2000 that has a heavy chassis and eletric roof motors - 1270kg (250bhp).

Std Golfs are about 1400kg .. and about 200bhp ..

The problem with most cars is as they get older they put on weight.

The latest VW Polo is actually bigger in every way than the mk1 Golf. The latest golf MK5 is a tank compared to the mk1.

Dont get me wrong there are a few good FWD Tubo cars.... there's the erm......well how about the erm.... :unsure:

I guess the Asbo isnt too bad :unsure:

I guess the Asbo isnt too bad :unsure:

:ban:

There are loads of FWD Turbo Cars Kirst!

Admittedly they are not normally as good as 4WD!

Yep, there is the Rover 220 Coup-gey. The Fiat Coup-gey, the Astra Coup-gey, the Ford Focus RStupid, the VW Golf GIT (GTI)... and so on and so on :lol:

And try getting decent performance out of them in the wet. :eek: Not that i condone that sort of thing. :D

They get beaten off the line by scooters in the wet :lol:

And try getting decent performance out of them in the wet. :eek: Not that i condone that sort of thing. :D

The grip off the lights in the wet from the 4 is awesome :D :D

The grip off the lights in the wet from the 4 is awesome :D :D

Yes it is. :D My daily 'driver' now is a Rover 620Ti. Blindin (For a Rover) in the dry but i can sit at the lights all day spinning up the fronts, unless i`m uber careful. FWD Turbo`s.. PAH!!!!

well spoke to ken , he basically says dont do it :( i think he's right , the mr2 nice though , had a bad hit to the side but still starts etc ....

Ufftt more saving then i guess

Thanks everyone for your input/advice

Yep as said i wouldn't do the swap in a N/A Celica as a GT4 has it all already and they are going for no money at all if you know where to look ;)

So if you sell your car, sell the Rev2 engine, then add the price of the conversion plus all you needed for the uprated suspension, brakes, exhaust and not forgetting the insurance hike you'll pick one up easily :thumbsup:

FWD Turbo`s.. PAH!!!!

They get beaten off the line by scooters in the wet

:rolleyes: Do you 2 want to go to the pod but don't forget to pick up your knife, fork and plate before i serve some humble pie to you :P :lol:

I guess the Asbo isnt too bad

x2 :ban:

My cars?

I dont care about your cars! :lol: I bet it out handles the MR2 all day and to be honest I bet there is not that much in it between the S2000 (1 second to sixty :unsure: ish) and think about the comparison you made and how irrelevant it actually is, a NA convertable two seater sports car against a medium sized hatch!

and to all who say that a scooter would win I suggest you learn how to get the power down, which at the end of the day takes more skill than relying on 4wd and electronic aids! :lol:

Before you comment remember that this is not an excuse for 4 Owners to hi jack the thread to go on about how good their cars are!!! :yes::thumbsup:

Yep as said i wouldn't do the swap in a N/A Celica as a GT4 has it all already and they are going for no money at all if you know where to look ;)

So if you sell your car, sell the Rev2 engine, then add the price of the conversion plus all you needed for the uprated suspension, brakes, exhaust and not forgetting the insurance hike you'll pick one up easily :thumbsup:

FWD Turbo`s.. PAH!!!!

They get beaten off the line by scooters in the wet

:rolleyes: Do you 2 want to go to the pod but don't forget to pick up your knife, fork and plate before i serve some humble pie to you :P :lol:

I guess the Asbo isnt too bad

x2 :ban:

I`ve seen your car and the answer is no. Wait till the fours finished. :P

I dont care about your cars! :lol: I bet it out handles the MR2 all day and to be honest I bet there is not that much in it between the S2000 (1 second to sixty :unsure: ish) and think about the comparison you made and how irrelevant it actually is, a NA convertable two seater sports car against a medium sized hatch!

and to all who say that a scooter would win I suggest you learn how to get the power down, which at the end of the day takes more skill than relying on 4wd and electronic aids! :lol:

Before you comment remember that this is not an excuse for 4 Owners to hi jack the thread to go on about how good their cars are!!! :yes::thumbsup:

I was just saying that the Golf was lardy .. cars don't NEED to weigh in at 1400kg (and more for the 4motion).

Add BHP and you are quicker on the straights. Lose weight and you are quicker everywhere.

(and the economy is also better - for the tree huggers)

I get what your sayin Bibbs mate!

I do agree but add bhp and keep the weight the same and the car will be quicker everywhere not just the straights but yeah handling is vastly improved through weight reductions.

I get what your sayin Bibbs mate!

I do agree but add bhp and keep the weight the same and the car will be quicker everywhere not just the straights but yeah handling is vastly improved through weight reductions.

Not in most cases as most cars have the power to push over the limit of their cornering ability as standard. If i add another 400bhp to my aristo (which will happen once i find a damn decat pipe that'll fit) it isnt going to be any faster in the corners - only in a straight line. The aristo is too heavy as it is to get it to go round corners any quicker.

Only way i'd get it to corner quicker is to loose some of the cars weight. :)

I get what you mean Leeky me old mucker, and your right but it would be quicker through a sweeping bend or any bend in which the car does not have any traction problems If you be gettin me.

Another 400bhp! so were talking 800bhp!

It's not my comment .. it's Colin Chapmans ..

My first car only had 85bhp .. but it had more poke than most 1.4's that my mates had as it weighed 720kg .. Okay, it needed a few airbags and side impact protection, but the Golf weighs in at twice the weight. That's a LOT of protection.

But now I've got a lardy 1250kg car :D

I get what you mean Leeky me old mucker, and your right but it would be quicker through a sweeping bend or any bend in which the car does not have any traction problems If you be gettin me.

Whoops, no. Im adding another 100bhp to get over the 400bhp level. Missed half a sentence out :rolleyes: :shutit: :lol::thumbsup:

Whoops, no. Im adding another 100bhp to get over the 400bhp level. Missed half a sentence out :rolleyes: :!Removed!: :lol::thumbsup:

I was gonna say, I'd decat mine for an extra 400bhp!!! :lol:

Bibbs - I would not call an S2000 lardy just very sexy! :thumbsup:

:D i had a 1o6 xsi(1.4) L'plate 94 , totally stripped , two bucket seat n half a dash - nothing else....no carpets , rear seats or anything just wires and metal and that wee thing moved !!!! peco big bore 4 n a k&n :lol: i was 18

I reckon it would be close / faster than the celi round most roads....until the long straights...even then though it would go down fighting... B)

:D i had a 1o6 xsi(1.4) L'plate 94 , totally stripped , two bucket seat n half a dash - nothing else....no carpets , rear seats or anything just wires and metal and that wee thing moved !!!! peco big bore 4 n a k&n :lol: i was 18

I reckon it would be close / faster than the celi round most roads....until the long straights...even then though it would go down fighting... B)

The obligatory Big Bore exhaust, every new driver has to have one!!!! :lol::lol:

I find that the GT is pretty slow unless its past 5000rpm, the gearing is not quite right, and there seems to be little torque available at low revs, should have used a 6 speed box!

Chris - a lad at college had a rallye model and that was quick so I imagine there similar in performance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links