Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Back Ache

anton11

Hi everyone

I have recently bought my IQ2 Automatic and would firstly like to say how pleased I am with my new car, however I would like some advice and guidance with a problem I have got. Since buying it I am experiencing back ache and pains and would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this problem if so what remedies could you advise to eliminate this problem (ie cushions etc.) I did think this could be caused with the rear axle being virtually under the front seats.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I have the iQ3 auto and don't get any back ache. I find the car very comfortable for such a short wheelbase. You probably need lumbar support. Try a cushion or one of those mess covers that clip over your existing seats. I have seen them in Motorway service stations on the M3

Your seating position is not the best for you.

Have you changed the angle of your backrest/seatback?? :doctor:

Sorry to hear about your back.

I choose to use my iQ daily because i have had a bad back for years,

& after driving about every car possible to try & find comfort, the iQ was the only one that i can drive for hours & get out no worse than i get in.

I need the seat fully back on the runners & do change the seat position around town by pumping it higher,

& dropping it back down & adjusting the backrest out of town.

I notice the difference of the harder ride on the lower profile tyres of a iq3.

A lowered iq2 on 17" rims with very low profile tyres nearly caused me a back ache as bad as i have ever had after driving it because the ride was so bad.

I would never have been able to use it on the roads i drive on.

(i would check your tyre pressures are towards a lower permisable setting rather than being too hard)

Just now i have a memory foam wedge on the seat back, just held in place by a fleece gilet.

I find the extra warmth seems to help my back.

(the seat wasnt uncomfortable before for me, but it is even better now.)

I used to need to use a waterproof seat covers when wearing dirty overalls & had the foam wedge held in place by this,

the difference in comfort without having the cold seat cover on amazes me.

george

The fleece gilet is pulled up to show the memory foam triangular wedge,(well flattened now lol)

its the kind you get for household seats in discount shops & newspaper ads, blue velour about £15, not pretty but does the job.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links