Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Verso S

Red Yaris 54

At last we have a section dedicated to the New Verso S.......Introduced to the UK by Toyota March 2011

I look forward to seeing and hearing all about your Verso S on this section!

I have just been making enquiries about the Verso S Navigation System which was originally promised to be available as an aftermarket retro fit from May 2011

It would appear that this system, although supplied by Toyota Europe, contains many components sourced from Japan, and as a result of the earthquake, will now not be available until at least August 2011

Looks like my July "Roadtrip" will have to be navigated with my trusty but ageing "Navman" system.........Pity as I was hopeing to do a write up on the Toyota system on here.

Thanks must go to the very helpful people at Toyota Customer Service who dug in and found the reasons for delays from the marketing department

I still intend to persue the fitting of this system as it becomes available so watch this space.....

Now done about 1300 miles and a pleasure to drive!

I have just been making enquiries about the Verso S Navigation System which was originally promised to be available as an aftermarket retro fit from May 2011

It would appear that this system, although supplied by Toyota Europe, contains many components sourced from Japan, and as a result of the earthquake, will now not be available until at least August 2011

Looks like my July "Roadtrip" will have to be navigated with my trusty but ageing "Navman" system.........Pity as I was hopeing to do a write up on the Toyota system on here.

Thanks must go to the very helpful people at Toyota Customer Service who dug in and found the reasons for delays from the marketing department

I still intend to persue the fitting of this system as it becomes available so watch this space.....

Now done about 1300 miles and a pleasure to drive!

I made the same inquiry to the parts department at my local dealer and they said the same. I will be buying this when it comes out as the built in screen makes it so much better than sticking a Tomtom to the screen everytime.

• 3 weeks later...

Took delivery of our Verso-s on the 25th June, paid the extra £500 for the Nav, but still waiting for the dealer to say the nav pack is in and ready to be fitted, anyone had theirs fitted yet???

Was told July, but still waiting. :crybaby:

Took delivery of our Verso-s on the 25th June, paid the extra £500 for the Nav, but still waiting for the dealer to say the nav pack is in and ready to be fitted, anyone had theirs fitted yet???

Was told July, but still waiting. :crybaby:

I have a friend that is the parts manager at our local dealer and he said july but not heard anything yet. Due to the earthquake situation i would hold your breath for anything to happen fast.

• 2 weeks later...

The Nav system will be available from September in the New Yaris according to my local dealer so the Sat Nav modules must be being produced!

I shall keep asking the parts department

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I have spoken again today to local parts department to be told that "SatNav system is not shown as aftermarket accessory for the Verso S"

This is completely against all Toyota GB have said

Have recontacted Toyota GB who inform me that SatNav module is available at cost of over £600 plus VAT and requires an additional bracket at £15 plus VAT

To this must be added the fitting costs at an approved Toyota Centre which Toyota GB cannot quote

Toyota GB tell me that all Toyota centres were informed of availability in late June 2011 along with full details of part numbers required and fitting procedures. They are going to contact my Toyota Centre and "Put them right"

The disappointing thing about all of this is that I was originally told that the cost of this system would be £500 !

It now seems the cost will be well over £700..........Sadly maybe time to reconsider and look again at a "top end" aftermarket system at approx half that cost

Toyota GB did say that the costs "May" be negotiable..........I certainly hope so!

We paid the extra £500 when we purchased the car as we were told they expected it to cost £750 when was readily available. Thats Toyota Plymouth.

Update:

I have spoken again today to local parts department to be told that "SatNav system is not shown as aftermarket accessory for the Verso S"

This is completely against all Toyota GB have said

Have recontacted Toyota GB who inform me that SatNav module is available at cost of over £600 plus VAT and requires an additional bracket at £15 plus VAT

To this must be added the fitting costs at an approved Toyota Centre which Toyota GB cannot quote

Toyota GB tell me that all Toyota centres were informed of availability in late June 2011 along with full details of part numbers required and fitting procedures. They are going to contact my Toyota Centre and "Put them right"

The disappointing thing about all of this is that I was originally told that the cost of this system would be £500 !

It now seems the cost will be well over £700..........Sadly maybe time to reconsider and look again at a "top end" aftermarket system at approx half that cost

Toyota GB did say that the costs "May" be negotiable..........I certainly hope so!

Just spoke to my local dealer, they are now telling me September!

Looks like it will coincide with the launch of the new Yaris then, which is being offered with a complementary (free) upgrade of the SatNav system.

The salesman at my local dealership has promised me a "play" with the Yaris SatNav before I decide on having it fitted to the Verso S

Looks like it will coincide with the launch of the new Yaris then, which is being offered with a complementary (free) upgrade of the SatNav system.

The salesman at my local dealership has promised me a "play" with the Yaris SatNav before I decide on having it fitted to the Verso S

My father has inbuilt in his Citroen C5, is MUCH better than separate. Plus has the connect stuff so............. more to play with!

• 8 months later...

Well that would be really great if he Verso have its own section.