Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse Camera Fitted

Phil01

Got round to fitting my reverse camera, good quality image and very reasonable at £18 that fits in a number plate light hole, comes with built in number plate LED

2011-06-15205541-1.jpg

2011-06-15205456.jpg

2011-06-15205436-1.jpg

2011-06-15205415.jpg

And illuminated Toyota Badge on front

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

£18 thats a bargain mate, I shudder to think what they cost as optional extras from Mr T. I've had an new avensis courtesy car recently with the exact same type of reversing light, and you know for a fact Mr T would have charged more than £18 for it lol! Good find!

I was quoted £100 for the exact camera from a Car ICE shop, I enquired how much????, his reply was "because it comes all the way from Hong Kong and is specially made, (((idiots)))

I got mine from HK with free P&P

Strangely I done exactly the same thing yesterday! What did you use as a power source for it???I'm currently running a very long !Removed! lighter cable until I fit it properly.. Just wanted to check it works

I used the reverse light feed to power it up the camera then extended the same wire to HU to auto switch it to change to reverse screen when you select reverse.

Well done on wiring it all in..... but i can't see the point in it

My mirrors and eyes work fine! :lol:

Looks good mate, I think it's cool, pointless for reversing, but a great tool for perving! :thumbsup:

Good for low fences and tree stumps in the dark ;)

Into dogging are we? :lol:

Looks good, would you be able to set it to record things? imagine the funny videos you'd get in traffic! :thumbsup: Where did you get the illuminated 'tota Badge?

Looking good mate, liking the Badge aswell :thumbsup:

I bet i can get in a tighter parking spot with less manoeuvres than you with your eyes and mirrors.

Never known such a site for people to cuss other members off, Some members need to move with the times, Owners club sites are all about helping each other, giving friendly advise, arranging car show meet ups etc,

Well impressed with the picture quality and clean install, I've got one that is in the back bumper but its fairly low to the ground.

I think the extra height would make it easier. :thumbsup:

Well impressed with the picture quality and clean install, I've got one that is in the back bumper but its fairly low to the ground.

I think the extra height would make it easier. :thumbsup:

I have fitted various universal R/cams in the past and like you have said some give a low field of view, but this one is fitted in the exact same place as my Prius T Spirt and gives a nice reference view of rear bumper as well, and surprisingly very good quality compared to a universal one I fitted to the Lexus

The quality looks up there with the factory fitted units (if not better) nice work :thumbsup:

Never known such a site for people to cuss other members off, Some members need to move with the times, Owners club sites are all about helping each other, giving friendly advise, arranging car show meet ups etc,

Agreed :thumbsup:

I thought the reverse cameras were pointless an took away the skill of parking until i reversed into a metal pole haha, after that i think they are a brilliant idea.

Clean install and good quality video at a good price

Looks good.

Even if you have the camera you still have your eyes and mirrors aswell, every little helps.

I'd mainly use it for perving.

I bet i can get in a tighter parking spot with less manoeuvres than you with your eyes and mirrors.

And i've never known a site were members seem to have a distinct lack of humour....

Wiring it in is impressive, not something i could do.... but i've never needed any help parking anywhere so i stand by my earlier comment.

As for your bet, i'm game to prove you wrong :P

As for "cuss'ing" you off.... would you prefer lots of patronising comments saying "oo aren't you clever!"???

The whole point of an internet forum is for people to share views and ideas, some comments you will like, some you won't.

If you can't deal with that then don't post stuff up.

So chill out, take the good points with the bad and more importantly.... don't take things so personal! It's only the internet!!!!!

With regards to "arranging" meets the biggest Jap car show of the year, JAE, will not have a TOC stand because members aren't bothered about going to shows it seems.....

I was interested in jae but most of the thread seemed to be mostly comments about people slagging each other off last year, which if you didn't go and have no idea what when on, it was a little off putting.

Many people seem to be going with local car clubs.

Exactly what i'm doing this year..... i'm going with KP's ae92 club

With out wanting to hijack the thread there were members interested in organising something under the TOC banner but in my view the support wasn't forthcoming from the upper echelons. I think many were put off as Luke mentions by all the 'tension' created by people bickering etc etc.

Its a shame that with such a large number of posters TOC won't be represented

:offtopic:

all we need is for people to stop criticising peoples cars, constructive criticism is fine, but when people are straight up saying "i dont like it", "I think its rubbish" etc. its just off putting, especially to new members, I met a few people from here at the japshow at santa pod recently and we all had nice things to say about each others cars.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links