Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question For T180 And T-Spirit Driver

st205hunter

Hello all very quick question

Im looking for a measurement off a standard t180 and t-spirit from the wheel arch to the top of the tyre and or rim with either 16" or 17" wheels

my car is an irish spec with rough ride suspension which is high, from the arch to the rim is 6and a quarter inches all round, 3inch to the top of the tyre, so i want to change my suspension for a standard uk spec of which ever is lower so if anyone could post info up here it would be alot of help.

Im looking for a measurement off a standard t180 and t-spirit from the wheel arch to the top of the tyre and or rim with either 16" or 17" wheels

my car is an irish spec with rough ride suspension which is high, from the arch to the rim is 6and a quarter inches all round, 3inch to the top of the tyre, so i want to change my suspension for a standard uk spec of which ever is lower so if anyone could post info up here it would be alot of help.

Hi mate, on my 2007 2.2 d4d 150 T-spirit ..... from the top of the 17" alloy rim to the plastic trim on the wing edge is 140mm (5.5 inch) and from the tyre, that's to the very top of the tread and in the middle around is 55mm (2.25 inch) so my car is around 3/4 inch lower than yours. When I look at any T25 Avensis pre-2006 they do look even lower than mine so if you are going lower then bare that in mind, the only downside with pre-2006 is that the shocks are softer and the anti-roll bar is not as stiff.

EDIT:- I have attached a photo of my car.

Hope this helps .... Pete.

post-74463-0-82903500-1309187025_thumb.j

Hi mate, on my 2007 2.2 d4d 150 T-spirit ..... from the top of the 17" alloy rim to the plastic trim on the wing edge is 140mm (5.5 inch) and from the tyre, that's to the very top of the tread and in the middle around is 55mm (2.25 inch) so my car is around 3/4 inch lower than yours. When I look at any T25 Avensis pre-2006 they do look even lower than mine so if you are going lower then bare that in mind, the only downside with pre-2006 is that the shocks are softer and the anti-roll bar is not as stiff.

EDIT:- I have attached a photo of my car.

Hope this helps .... Pete.

Love the color Pete. Same alloys as my T-180 :thumbsup:

mine is 2004 t spirit hatch , came out of england , the measurment to the top of the 17 rim is 5 inches on the front and just over 5 on the back .

lovely so a tspirit suspension will lower my car 30mm for what it is

anyone know would just tspirit springs do or do i need full shocks and springs

I'm curious: what benefit are you hoping to gain from lowering the suspension?

@ Druid Boy: benefits.... none i just like the lower look, so its between Eibach springs or tspirit and im thinking toyots set up would be nicer, im just one of these ppl who dont like to own a standard car, iv always had modified cars and i like driving a car i like to look at lol

lovely so a tspirit suspension will lower my car 30mm for what it is

anyone know would just tspirit springs do or do i need full shocks and springs

Howya

I think you might need a the shock aswell from what i can determine from the toyodiy site

the spring and the shock are "ireland spec" http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_2004_TOYOTA_AVENSIS_ZZT250R-AEMNKW_4804.html

i think you'd be better off getting the Eibach springs as i 've seen them for £150 (E10-82-016-03-22)

rather than getting new toyota parts or even second hand, but i would check with Eibach if they will

work with the "ireland spec" shocks.

also if you have 17" wheels and put on 215/45 tyres they will be smaller in diameter

than the standard 205/55/16 . only by about 1.5%

Cool. You have to post photos when its done, let us see the results.

once i put a few euro together to buy them i will :thumbsup: