Do Not Sell My Personal Information

?

Phil01

Looks like my last post about a compressor question has been deleted.

Why???

It has indeed, I had just tried to comment on that.

It seems your getting harsh treatment for the t sport vs lexus comment (was it a lexus?? Can't refer to the OP)

Anyway to stay on the safe side of the ever strict law, post again without ref. To the race bit.

Gutted, wrote you a freaking essay on comps!!

Oh yeah, there's zero tolerance on anything relating to "road racing"

road racing was never mentioned

so strange that mods delete a post without knowing the facts,

Driving up to santa pod there is a lot of two lane dual carriageways and a stretch of M11, where you can reach 70mph,

Not once did I mention speeding, the most i mentioned was mate had to keep his on spool to stay behind me, and that was with overtaking mid range rpm and if the mods had read the post they would have seen I emphasised MID RANGE rpm and never once mentioned lift as that is when illegal speeds occur.

road racing was never mentioned

so strange that mods delete a post without knowing the facts,

Driving up to santa pod there is a lot of two lane dual carriageways and a stretch of M11, where you can reach 70mph,

Not once did I mention speeding, the most i mentioned was mate had to keep his on spool to stay behind me, and that was with overtaking mid range rpm and if the mods had read the post they would have seen I emphasised MID RANGE rpm and never once mentioned lift as that is when illegal speeds occur.

re post the original question then now the facts are there. I'm with you on this one, shouldn't of been deleted.

Phil, in all fairness I read through your spat with Norfolk N Chance about your reversing camera and you really did take his original comment the wrong way. He used emoticons to convey his "tone" as it were and you didn't pick up on it and went off on one.

Don't take this as a flaming post or one trying to aggravate you; I have had problems with Mods in the past and have very clear about my issues with them publicly, however I didn't and don't get into insulting them and it was with a very different Moderator. You will find Norfolk is actually a very humorous and easy going Moderator, and that isn't "in comparison to others here", he is easy going and a good laugh full stop.

Just let it lie and swallow your pride on this one and you will be able to carry on and enjoy TOC as I have, save your voice for when you need it! :thumbsup:

KP

[quote name='KPARRIS-JONES' timestamp='1309203485' post=

You will find Norfolk is actually a very humorous

True that.

Six of one and half a dozen of the other springs to mind maybe phil and NFC need to accept their differing views and for both of them to swallow their pride regardless of who is right and wrong?

The joke is there was nothing to be right or wrong about he just didn't see the funny side!! :lol:

Oh well, just another day at the office...

KP

P.s you don't want to mess with gaz... he looks like a white mike tyson!!

I went 328mph earlier in my t-sport..... I was racing a road legal fireforce jet car on a winding country road,

Oh wait. Just kidding!!

Six of one and half a dozen of the other springs to mind maybe phil and NFC need to accept their differing views and for both of them to swallow their pride regardless of who is right and wrong?

Eh, are you smoking crack? The guy made a joking comment, complimented the guy on his wiring but said in his OPINION that he did not see the point in them. I do not see the point in owning a corolla when you could afford a supra........(aimed at gaz before the handbags come out to play and tears are shed)

There was nothing to be right or wrong about.

As for this thread, having SEEN the orig post there are arguments for and against why it was binned. Yes he didn't say he RACED the lexus but he did say he had a play with said Lexus (280bhp turbo) on various roads which, having been in a corolla and driven one, they are a bit gutless until lift so unless the Lexus weighed 3t then you would have had to be high RPM.

Also at no point did he stress they were in mid RPM, only that a comp would give him more torque in the mid range!

I don't agree with binning threads because it mentions racing, if that is what you want to do that is fine and if the police have a problem it is your issue not TOCs, but, talking from experience as it is a favoured pastime of mine, mod bashing generally gets you in bother!

P.s you don't want to mess with gaz... he looks like a white mike tyson!!

Tat hasn't eaten for 3 months but has certainly taken a lot of punches :P

Why can't we all just get along :( I wanna talk corollas and modding! Not... Who said what and who didnt agree etc! Friends???

...it is a favoured pastime of mine, mod bashing generally gets you in bother!

Agreed!!! :lol::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There's a lot of negativity on this forum that simply don't need to exist.

I'm a member of many forums that range in topics from Legal forums (for giving legal advice to the general public), to computer programming forums.

All in all I'd say I'm an active member of around 8/9 differing forums.

I think it's important to have decent netiquette as, at the end of the day, we're all human we all have emotions and some more than others can be easily offended/easily offend.

If people want to criticize they should do it in a constructive way.

If people want to offer advice they should do so without belittling the other person.

You shouldn't jump to conclusions as assumptions can be deadly.

There's a great bunch of people on here, many of you have helped me to no end, and there's a few who spoil it for the rest.

Personally I've never had a problem with any of the mod's (or any other members for that matter), and while I may not agree with everything that the mod's do/say I feel they do a pretty top notch job.

I've been on forums where there's been very unsavoury things posted (verging on illegal), when it comes down to it, the mods are here to protect their own backs as well as ours, without them this forum would probably not exist.

That being said I have also seen cases on some forums of "SuperMod's" who get a power trip and over moderate everything, so much so that new sign up's are scared off and no-body posts any more causing the forum to become defunct.

We're all grown up's here, let's not let this spoil a great Toyota forum. :)

An apology on both sides of the fence can go a long way.

We've got a good group here, let's keep it that way :thumbsup:

Eh, are you smoking crack? The guy made a joking comment, complimented the guy on his wiring but said in his OPINION that he did not see the point in them. I do not see the point in owning a corolla when you could afford a supra........(aimed at gaz before the handbags come out to play and tears are shed)

As for this thread, having SEEN the orig post there are arguments for and against why it was binned. Yes he didn't say he RACED the lexus but he did say he had a play with said Lexus (280bhp turbo) on various roads which, having been in a corolla and driven one, they are a bit gutless until lift so unless the Lexus weighed 3t then you would have had to be high RPM.

Also at no point did he stress they were in mid RPM, only that a comp would give him more torque in the mid range!

I don't agree with binning threads because it mentions racing, if that is what you want to do that is fine and if the police have a problem it is your issue not TOCs, but, talking from experience as it is a favoured pastime of mine, mod bashing generally gets you in bother!

NO I am not smoking crack and never have done... I find that offensive that you should suggest that I have done. The spat between them has been going on for some time and that is what I was refering too. As for the rest of your comments I presume these are aimed at someone else as I haven't been involved in the other conversations????

Totally agree with what you say wangtastic. I believe that sometimes on forums that peoples joking side, sarcasm etc can be 'lost' in cyber world and we all need to recognise this. As for the negativity that has been shown over the past few months I really think its a shame as there is potentially a great community here that is in danger of becoming self absorbed and will end up only destroying itself

NO I am not smoking crack and never have done... I find that offensive that you should suggest that I have done. The spat between them has been going on for some time and that is what I was refering too. As for the rest of your comments I presume these are aimed at someone else as I haven't been involved in the other conversations????

You are seriously taking offence to that? My word............I am amazed! It is a saying asking are you being serious. Referring to them being right or wrong when there isn't a right or wrong

The rest was aimed at the OP, maybe I should have been a little clearer, although i did say "As for this thread"

Yes I am taking offense at that.......smoking crack is an illegal activity as is speeding. I am strictly against using illegal drugs, what you may consider a throw a way remark can be completely offensive to another........food for thought I would suggest.

So you decide to have a go at me about who is right and wrong when no one is, doesn't make sense that to me to be honest maybe, just maybe I was trying to be nice to both sides and diffuse the situation a little? but hey ho we have been here before

this is the most pointless conversation had in any thread. the guy's thread got binned because it insinuated he was racing a lexus. end of...

Were all naughty and should go to bed early with no tea. End of, job done. Good night and god bless (apologies if you are a follower of another religion, no offence was meant, but my gods better anyway. Because he's imaginary!)