Do Not Sell My Personal Information

G6R Any Good?

b1gpkr001

Hey all

How good are gr6 corollas?

Thinking about buying one and gutting it to make it light weight and doing a few mods on it.

Like the way they look.

I own a t sport all ready but want a reasonably cheap car to muck around with and turn into a bit of a track project or something similar .

All views/suggestions welcome

Thanks

Ment a gr6 as a topic title before any one points it out! Lol

I'm actually thinking of getting one too. I want to keep my gti and get a G6r for travel to work as it's 70 mile round trip a day and hoping the extra gear on the G6r will save me a bit on fuel and I just really want one.

Anyone know what mpg the G6r has? Motorway speeds

My mate has a G6R.....its a great little car, not sure what he get fuel economy wise but I will ask and post later. He is planning on selling it soon was tempted but have my eye on a corolla gti

Hey all

How good are gr6 corollas?

Thinking about buying one and gutting it to make it light weight and doing a few mods on it.

Like the way they look.

I own a t sport all ready but want a reasonably cheap car to muck around with and turn into a bit of a track project or something similar .

All views/suggestions welcome

Thanks

I have had one for the last 4 years and must say they are a great wee car. Had no problems with it all and they are quite nippy. They are pretty light already if you get a standard one with the light weight bonnet and alloys. Think they would make a great track day car alright

I'm actually thinking of getting one too. I want to keep my gti and get a G6r for travel to work as it's 70 mile round trip a day and hoping the extra gear on the G6r will save me a bit on fuel and I just really want one.

Anyone know what mpg the G6r has? Motorway speeds

On motor way speeds you'll get good enough mpg, can't remember what I got the last time I checked as it rarely gets on a motorway over here!! Around town they are not so good, if you put your foot down at all it will drink the stuff.

g6r are a great car i'm thinking bout saleing the sr to get one

I've had mine since Feb 11 now and really do like it. I've been testing out the MPG, at 65mph cruising it does 42mpg, 70mpg it does 39mpg so you takes your choice. It costs about £45 for a tank full and it does between 320-340 miles off that tank, less if you gun it.

You may have more luck buying an SR as I don't think the 6-speed box makes much difference tbh, but if you do get one, don't abuse it and put up a pic on the site in my sig!

Buy on condition, not on price....

I like the G6R a lot, but preffer the SR T.T.E :thumbsup:

What's the point mate? They're practically identical?

What's the point mate? They're practically identical?

not really..? G6R has better wheels, body kit, mesh grille, a much nicer interior (dials, gear knob, gaitor etc), better spec, and of course the 6 speed box and aluminium bonnet.

and above all exclusivity!

Apart from the body kit everything else is really window dressing mate ;)

Well matter of opinion I guess - bur I'd pay the extra / choose a G6R any day. Much better base car I would say.

But he's got an SR Ben. Only thing he's missing is the 6-speed box (marginal reason to upgrade), bodykit, and interior bits which can all be added anyway? If I was happy with my current car, I wouldn't change it for one 5% better.