Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Work In Progress :) Taillights E12

abyss113

well after a search and finding not a lot but 3 options of tail lights i could get i decided to fabricate myself some :D

bought a cheap set of lex-***** lights on the bay and have now seperated and stripped them of contents :D

but ill give a sneak preview of what im considering for them but nothing is 100% yet :D

after a quick stint in the oven this happens :D

IMAG0133.jpg

then all the leds i needed had arrived and played about with some ideas :D

this for tail lights

IMAG0137.jpg

i should be doing this over the next couple of weeks and hopefully get some sort of finished product by the end of next month :D

Looks like it could be interesting and some good custom work, however the only thing I hate more than Lexus lights is stick on LED's around main lights... :P

KP

i know what you mean but its not gonna be stick on leds around the lights these will be the main lights tail lights indicators revers and brake lights all behind a black tint lense for a nice black t sport :)

Keep us all up to date with plenty of pics mate :thumbsup:

Ok then on a black car it may look pretty good. I can definitely appreciate all the effort you have put into it though :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KP

Hi abyss, Can u tell me a little more on how u seperated the lens as i have these but wanted to do a custom spray job on the inside with a few tweaks etc. what was the temp of your oven! As it looks like the lens came away very clean

Very interested in this, and will be watching intently.

I have thought too that the lights on offer for the 'rolla's are poor.

Thought about doing something like this myself so I hope to follow your example :)

around 150 for about 5 minutes at tops get a butter knife and pry at the edges a little if it moves then you should be ok to go and work around the edges if not heat a little more try again and just keep going around the edges its should eventualy pop off with ease

a little more on lightin arangement :)

was thinking outside lights as normal running lights e.g. when sidelights and other lights are on then outside line is on

the red ring :) for brakes

the white for reverse obviously

was thinking about putting the amber in the middle of the red ring ??

dunno yet still leaves a lot of space at bottom :D

IMAG0139.jpg

I would love to see the brake lights or normal lights as a jdm rising sun?! Would that be possible? Wonder how that would look?!

had a little play yesterday with some spare time and i think i have a a light setup i like but still trying ideas :D

since last update i have given the lenses a quick tint coat still to even up and laquer yet but its about the correct darkness i want

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

then set up the lights the way im thinking off going

these will be normal running lights e.g. sidelights, main beam etc

IMAG0149.jpg

what im wanting to do with the is when i press brakes the circles fully illuminate into bir red dots :)

the reverse light i have is a giant circle basically :)

IMAG0150.jpg

still need to figure out foglight as mot rules state 10cm from a brake light although i could just plunk an import type foglight at the bumper :D would rather not though :D

and went out yesterday with the dog :)

he does love the rolla :D mmate got a photo fron the back :D

IMAG0144.jpg

Shame to put a dog onto your seats! :P

Nice work with the lights!

Grtz

Hi abyss, Can u tell me a little more on how u seperated the lens as i have these but wanted to do a custom spray job on the inside with a few tweaks etc. what was the temp of your oven! As it looks like the lens came away very clean

around 150 for about 5 minutes at tops get a butter knife and pry at the edges a little if it moves then you should be ok to go and work around the edges if not heat a little more try again and just keep going around the edges its should eventualy pop off with ease

Nice 1 abyss, Thank for advice

Cheers

This won't work on the standard lights.... many have tried and failed!

undecided on indicators :)

what you think ???

bottom smaller circle

IMAG0153.jpg

top larger circle

IMAG0152.jpg

half circle

IMAG0151.jpg

or the full circle

IMAG0156.jpg

had a little play yesterday with some spare time and i think i have a a light setup i like but still trying ideas :D

since last update i have given the lenses a quick tint coat still to even up and laquer yet but its about the correct darkness i want

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

then set up the lights the way im thinking off going

these will be normal running lights e.g. sidelights, main beam etc

IMAG0149.jpg

what im wanting to do with the is when i press brakes the circles fully illuminate into bir red dots :)

the reverse light i have is a giant circle basically :)

IMAG0150.jpg

still need to figure out foglight as mot rules state 10cm from a brake light although i could just plunk an import type foglight at the bumper :D would rather not though :D

and went out yesterday with the dog :)

he does love the rolla :D mmate got a photo fron the back :D

IMAG0144.jpg

this idea looks great! then the indicator can just be in between the two circles or the left half circle. keep up the good work mate

haha yeah its the dogs seat he even has his priority over the Girlfriend when shes in the car :D hes boss :D

im guessing that the left light is pretty much compplete now, just have to wire the harness up for the bulbs and bung it on the car and give it a try at some point :) need acouple of other bulbs to finish it but nothing much needed now :) then i can get started on the right side for the set :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links