Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting The Best Out Of My Toyota

Verso S team

Hi,

I have finally taken the plunge and bought a Toyota. Not regretting it one bit, so my extras and the touch screen multimedia is great!

I do need help though.

My driving style needs to get some help if I am going to get about 41 MPG....Should be able to get 51 out of it according to the spec.

Glad you are liking your Verso S Welcome to TOC and the newest sub forum

Your car , like mine is new and the engine has not loosened up yet to achieve anywhere near the published MPG figures

I have just over 1500 miles on the clock and do not expect to see 50+ MPG until I have done at least 3000 miles

Glad you are liking your Verso S Welcome to TOC and the newest sub forum

Your car , like mine is new and the engine has not loosened up yet to achieve anywhere near the published MPG figures

I have just over 1500 miles on the clock and do not expect to see 50+ MPG until I have done at least 3000 miles

I noticed that and expected the run in to take a while. I'm also running Tesco 99 to try and get a few more miles out of the tank.

One question- why no diesel version of this super little Toyota? Is it a bit like the iq senario 2 petrol versions for UK but no diesel!!!! Me thinks Toyota missed the plot on that one

Regards Clare

One question- why no diesel version of this super little Toyota? Is it a bit like the iq senario 2 petrol versions for UK but no diesel!!!! Me thinks Toyota missed the plot on that one

Regards Clare

No idea why but they have missed the boat on a few things, one of them being the keyless entry system which is mentioned in the manual but not an option in the UK. You would of thought that would of been included on the T Spirit.

Did a bit of Googling on the Toyota websites around Europe, Toyota Ireland who import the iq diesel don,t import the Verso S diesel but you can get a Verso S diesel in Germany with the faithful 1.4D4D. Amazing how different countries in Europe take on a totally different view of what will sell and what will not !!!!!

Regards Clare

My understanding of the non availability of a diesel Verso S in GB is that the diesel version would cost much more to buy and the petrol engine has almost as good a fuel economy

It was thought that the average owner in GB would not do enough miles to recoup the extra costs of buying a diesel

Regarding the keyless entry and the Stop-Start system.......I suspect this is clever marketing on Toyotas part as it gives them an opportunity to offer these items maybe next year as a model upgrade package

• Like 1

• 1 year later...