Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Fob/ Reprogramming

Logie

I've just received a used key fob (thanks to Goggy on here )through the post for my 4.1 RAV what I need to know is.. Is it possible to programme it myself if so how? or is it a job for a professional? Many thanks folks. :D

Anyone? ive tried a few methods

http://www.ehow.com/how_5098675_program-toyota-keyless-entry.html

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Key-Keyfob-Programming-Reprogramming_W0QQugidZ10000000007277394

but none of these seem to work. Looks like im going to have to pay Toyota a fortune for something I should be able to do at home :crybaby:

well if the fob is not working you need to set up that remote fob

you will need 2 philips screwdriver one big one small, working in the drivers footwell where the clutch footrest is there is a plastic screw (turn a half turn then just pull out both parts) then move towards the gear stick (same peice of plastic) a metal screw unscrew that then remove that bit of plastic. then on the other side of where the metal screw you will see a box held on with cable ties, cut the tie close to the ratchet part of the tie so you can re use it. this box can be manovered out this is your alarm ecu on one side you will see one rivit and a small screw. undo this small screw and slide the metal upwards. you will then see 8 dip switches and a hole with a green button. now what you need to do is put your key in the ignition (i would take your fob off your key ring bunch to make it easier) turn it to acc or on but dont start the car when that is done use the small screwdriver to push the green button for more than 2 seconds which will make the red light near your gear stick (alarm indicator light) illuminate whilst this light is lit hold both alarm fob buttons the box will click and indicators will flash. job done now just take the key out and shut the doors and test both buttons. if works just put it all back

to make it easier you can remove the part where the headlight level adjuster is. the outer plastic part (where that headlight level adjuster is) just prises off easy then 4 screws on the black insert (i found removing there bits helped alot)

let me know how you get on

• Like 1

Thanks MrBilly I done what you said up untill "you will see one rivit and a screw" I cant find them. I've included pics in case we have a different system. There are 4 small gold screws on the back of the ecu which i did take out but to se if I could get access but could'nt. This is driving me nuts :ffs:

post-81940-0-68311200-1309526806_thumb.j

post-81940-0-84875100-1309526853_thumb.j

hold the box like a sandwich, 4 screws on the bottom and tvss label on top. on the first pic you took there is a metal plate(lower part of the picture). have that facing you and you will see a rivet and a screw. the button is behind there.

post-48577-0-72823400-1309593744_thumb.j

hold the box like a sandwich, 4 screws on the bottom and tvss label on top. on the first pic you took there is a metal plate(lower part of the picture). have that facing you and you will see a rivet and a screw. the button is behind there.

Mrbilly your a star. The Rivet and screw were hidden by some protective sticky foam but i got it. Many thanks :yahoo: and the alarm is working a treat. ps thanks again to Goggy for donating the fob.

Now for my next question..If I get another fob would I be able to do this process again and have both of them working?

• 4 years later...

mrbilly post worked fine for me on 08191-00880 Fobs purchased on e-bay (£7 each) for my 1997 Rav4.  Thank you for sech clear, consis and accurate instructions.  I now have 4 (the maximum limit) working remotes that should allow for the odd loss for the next 10 years or so.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MrBilly, will this work on a 2.0 diesel RAV4, it's 2003 XT4. I only had one key when I bought it and would like a spare.