Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timing Belt-Chain

Kazholdforth

Can anyone confirm what year Toyota Avensis changed from Timing Belt to Timing Chain? I've got a 2.0L Diesel 56 reg, thankyou

Can anyone confirm what year Toyota Avensis changed from Timing Belt to Timing Chain? I've got a 2.0L Diesel 56 reg, thankyou

Hello, your car is 2006 or early 2007 and will have an all alloy engine which is timing chain driven, a good marker for the chain driven model is the indicators on the door mirrors which changed in 2006.

Pete.

This confuses me. I've always thought my 53 plate t spirit had a chain. When I bought it part of the deal was a full service including change of cambelt. On the service sheet it says quite clearly no belt- chain. Have I been mislead because everyone else I have spoken to have intimated that it has a timing chain.

This confuses me. I've always thought my 53 plate t spirit had a chain. When I bought it part of the deal was a full service including change of cambelt. On the service sheet it says quite clearly no belt- chain. Have I been mislead because everyone else I have spoken to have intimated that it has a timing chain.

Hi mate,

all the petrol vvti have a chain, the diesels 2003 to early 2006 have a belt then 2006 onwards all have a chain.

Hope this clears things up, Pete.

• Haha 1

Thanks Pete. That settles that. Why a chain for petrol and a belt for diesel though?

• 4 years later...

So what your saying is,anything anensis,s made from 2007 onwards are chain driven [diesel or petrol]

• Like 1

Yes roadrunner the vvti and diesel ad engind series are chain. The last diesel engine with the belt is the 1cd-ftv and the last petrol is pre vvti.

thanks avensisd4d,my wife drives a skoda 1.9tdi and its belt driven,am thinking of importing a avensis 4D4 from the UK so its nice to know that less maintence with a chain driven motor,

• 3 years later...

How to time toytoa avensis d4d 2006 need to know how to time 2lt chain driven how to set valve timing  and were they are x

Edited by AMURANGEL
Nt enough

Need to know how to time a chain driven 2lt driven avensis