Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla E12 "jdm Taillights"

noedel

I guess that the black smudge are some pieces of drilling extra hole into the frame :)

You should cut the foglight wire to make it work properly, as Steven252 says.

On my car it's also working, without any lights coming up on the dash, not when braking, not when putting the (fog)lights on.

It's because when u put the lights on, the power signal can still "return" through the foglight wire, so the light on the dash will receive a signal, and light up.

I have got another version of this mod on my car :)

They only work when I put my lights on, they don't light up harder when I brake.

Plus, I have still got the foglight function, which makes it MOT / VRT worthy.

You can see it in following video I made:

I'll explain how that should be done:

When u cut the foglight wire, make a straight connection to the 21watt wire, like in the following shedule I made.

joe2c.png

In the other taillight, only make a connection from the 5watt wire with the lights (not brake light).

Hope I'm clear enough, tried it in my best english :P

Grtz

The strange thing is that the black smudge is on both tail lights in the inner side only (exactly the same spots on both tail lights) ;S Dunno if it was humidity when I stored the tail lights, but I was sure to vacuum the whole bits. Might have to try and remove them again and get them cleaned. They are also sealed because I tried pouring some water on them to see if there was a crack or something but nothing went in.

As for the mod, cool! So this works if you turn on the foglight switch correct? Will maybe try it, but I still like it that when I hit the breaks the whole 4 bulbs light more :D

Just one last thing, with what is best to clean the tail light from the inside avoiding to scratch it from the inside as well as reaching those hard places?

Thanks mate! Great to have ppl like you help :)

Noooooooo ive done mine so the fog lights still work on the inside so will pass the mot/tuv what ever test you have.

Heres what ive done.

All 4 light up for sideslights,

All 4 light up for brakes,

The inner 2 (the ones supposed to be the fogs) light up on for fogs.

Exactly the same as what you guys have done here but just ive made it so the inner fog still works as it should ;)

I will get so vids up to show you how ive done it. Ive used some wiring trickery and modified nodels method slightly.

I will get up pics asap with a guide so you guys can do this too :)

As for the tail light cleaning, i used soappy water poured into the unit itself, shake it all about and then tip out and repeat till clean :)

Once your happy its clean pop the light on a hot radiator for a couple of hours to dry it out :)

Heres what ive done.

All 4 light up for sideslights,

All 4 light up for brakes,

The inner 2 (the ones supposed to be the fogs) light up on for fogs.

Exactly the same as what you guys have done here but just ive made it so the inner fog still works as it should ;)

Hey Steve,

My 2 inner stripes only work as sidelight here.

But foglight is also still working, only on driver side (as original) :)

I've been through MOT like this, and it's also no problem.

Grtz

Ah i see so u only do the two brake lights :)

Ive come up with a way to do all four :)

Yea, I've also had that for a while, but all four won't work for MOT in Belgium, so that's why I've done it this way.

Still looks good I think :)

Grtz

Yea, I've also had that for a while, but all four won't work for MOT in Belgium, so that's why I've done it this way.

Still looks good I think :)

Grtz

How come mate?

For MOT here its fine as long as the inner fogs still function as the fog lights, which ive reworked to do that, its fine :)

How come mate?

For MOT here its fine as long as the inner fogs still function as the fog lights, which ive reworked to do that, its fine :)

It's Belgium, nothing is allowed :yucky:

It' not allowed to have more than 2 functions per bulb :P

Grtz

Ok, I'm now confused :P

So, currently, my tail lights light on normally when I turn on the lights, and light brighter when I break.

So you're telling me that there's a function where:

4 lights turn on when lights are turned on

2 lights get brighter (brake lights) when the breaks are hit

2 of the other lights will light brighter when the foglight stick is turned?

Awesome set of mods xD

Ok, I'm now confused :P

So, currently, my tail lights light on normally when I turn on the lights, and light brighter when I break.

So you're telling me that there's a function where:

4 lights turn on when lights are turned on

2 lights get brighter (brake lights) when the breaks are hit

2 of the other lights will light brighter when the foglight stick is turned?

Awesome set of mods xD

Thats how the video shows it.

Mine does this.

4 low output lights for sidelights,

4 high output lights for brakes.

When fogs are turned on the 2 inner high output bulbs come on and stay on. The fog light symbol comes up on the dash as it should to say fogs are on. With these on the brakes only operate the outer two high output lights as they would normally

HTH :)

• 5 years later...

Could you update the pictures?