Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speedometer Suddenly Not Working

azara50

I have a carina cd automatic,1.8 r reg, the speedo suddenly stopped working and the over drive light is flashing on the dash, is this the speed sensor, or something else?

• 2 weeks later...

i,ll cheack the manule but i think the speedos are still cable i reackon the cable has worn out and will need replacing

forget that last message 1.remove the air inlet duct and air cleaner from the left hand side of engine 2 disconnect the wiring from the speedometer speed sensor loccated at the rear of the transmission3 unscrew and remove speed sensor

• 4 weeks later...

The speedo started working the next day and was OK for a while then a couple of days ago it stopped again, looked under the air filter thingy, cannot see any speedo sensor no wires or anything else on the auto gearbox except the earth cable, so is there anywhere else the speedo sensor might be? its working again now though. Can't understand why it keeps stopping. It drives fine, gearbox is OK, its a mystery