Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear View Camera

CG74

Hi

Just thought i would share a little tip with the reversing camera fitted on the boot lid.

I found that when driving in rain the lens becomes obscured by water droplets. I applied RainX on the lens and the water runs off nicely, otherwise the camera is rendered useless in the rain.

Hope this is useful

Matt

Very useful tip Matt!

On the subject of rear view cameras do you find that the edge of the rear number plate/ rear bumper show on your screen?

I am also pleasantly surprised how well the camera shows in low light and dark conditions as the reversing light provides sufficient illumination

Very useful tip Matt!

On the subject of rear view cameras do you find that the edge of the rear number plate/ rear bumper show on your screen?

I am also pleasantly surprised how well the camera shows in low light and dark conditions as the reversing light provides sufficient illumination

I'll try the rain x

the top edge of the rear bumper shows very clearly on my Prius... I can park within a couple of millimetres of whatever I'm backing up to... took a couple of tries to trust it though :blink:

As for using it at night, yes the reversing light gives plenty of illumination for it...

All in all it's an absolute fantastic addition and imo should be standard on all vehicles...

I can see the face of the plate but not the edge. Maybe your plate is sticking out more than mine as my plates are screwed right against the paintwork with no spacers behind.

i can see the bumper but i think its supposed to be that way as thats the bit you don't want to hit when reversing. :thumbsup:

I can see the face of the plate but not the edge. Maybe your plate is sticking out more than mine as my plates are screwed right against the paintwork with no spacers behind.

i can see the bumper but i think its supposed to be that way as thats the bit you don't want to hit when reversing. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that

Maybe I did not make myself clear......(Sorry)......I can see the edge of the face (Numbers & letters) looking down onto the plate

My plate is screwed up tight to the bodywork in fact there are mouldings on the panel which alllow flush fitting of the plate

• 2 weeks later...

Done the RainX, works a treat!