Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cv Joint...

mcchunkers

i think one of my cv joints has had it. i haven't had a proper chance to look under the car, but the old clicking/popping noise is happening when i put my steering into reverse lock. also, for a long time now, there has been a really annoying knocking noise at low-speeds, even on smooth roads, but it disappears when going 15mph and upwards (even over speedbumps) - would this be connected in any way? and would a cv joint replacement be the cure of this? the knocking noise is very prominent when driving at slow speeds around corners, and it actually feels like the engine is rocking about the front of the car lol. the suspension has been inspected and it's fine. any suggestions as to what my problem could be?

also, would anyone have the part number of the actual joint (inner and outer) just so i can source them? i rang toyota earlier, and they quoted me over £600 to replace the inner joint (the outer joint wasn't cheap either ffs). disgraceful, so obviously the job won't be getting done through the dealership!

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

also, i tried a search, but the search engine doesn't accept the term 'cv' because it is less than 3 letters long. so please don't hold it against me SEARCH POLICE!

• 1 month later...

bump:-

anyone have a part number or any idea where i can get my hands on a half-decent cv joint replacement? fensport are out of stock ffs.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks...

what milleage is your car at? have not heard of any others having this problem.

there has been a really annoying knocking noise at low-speeds, even on smooth roads, but it disappears when going 15mph and upwards (even over speedbumps)

i have exactly this problems aswell and ive had my car in bits trying to find the cause! took my lowering springs off and put the standard springs back on made no difference, have no play anywhere in any joints or bushes only thing ive found is the drop link ball joints are quit easy to move but no play in them! its starting to :censor: me off! MOT tomorrow so shall see if they find anything

as for the cv joint try these

euro car parts

there has been a really annoying knocking noise at low-speeds, even on smooth roads, but it disappears when going 15mph and upwards (even over speedbumps)

i have exactly this problems aswell and ive had my car in bits trying to find the cause! took my lowering springs off and put the standard springs back on made no difference, have no play anywhere in any joints or bushes only thing ive found is the drop link ball joints are quit easy to move but no play in them! its starting to :censor: me off! MOT tomorrow so shall see if they find anything

as for the cv joint try these

euro car parts

they're out of stock aswell - well, it'll take up to six weeks to get them in. does anyone have any experience with http://www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk/?? - need to get it sorted within a month, mot mid september. thanks anyway mate!

on a side-note, mr-p, do you notice that the whole front end of the car sounds crashy when going round corners in 2nd gear? for me, on the same corner, every morning on the way to work, it feels like the whole engine is crashing about from one side to the other under the bonnet. don't know what the problem is, but def gonna get the drop-link arms checked out first...

Mine started doing this today...low speeds i thought I had something rolling about in the boot..

id give them a ring mate the websites a bit crap and they normally get stuff in much quicker :thumbsup:

yeah its definitely a crashy knocking sound, i get it all the time either round corners or on the straight but once im over twenty odd mph and everything is warm it seems to stop until i slow right down. ive literally checked everything, fixed a loose heat shield and under-tray hoping that was it but nope that just stopped the little rattle when the engine was labouring. i will find it though lol got all weekend but i think it may be play in a shock insert

Let us know how you get on MR P

will do mate should sail through ( touch wood lol ) although i am going to need 2 new front tyres very soon :yahoo:

Could be the wheel bearing, mine had very similar symptoms to what you said.

I just got the whiteline arb, the diameter of the bar was same as stock, but the wall thickness must have been loads more as it weighed about 10 times as much!

Standard 17mm

Whiteline 22mm

Progress 24mm

Thats what I read somewhere

Yeh I also read that somewhere, but putting them next to each other i couldn't tell the difference. The welds on the whiteline are much higher quality

i had similar issue for a while with both sides... my symptoms where knocking noise at full lock under acceleration.. went away after i straightened up.... mine where both sides outer joints and i had these fitted

company is j and r cv joints they were local to me so i collected..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-COROLLA-1-4-1-6-2-0D-4D-CV-JOINT-NEW-2001-/140335798839?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20acaa5a37#ht_1813wt_1139

£18 per side... cost me £20 per side to get them fitted by my local garage.

obviously check with them which ones will fit your car! comes with 2 year warrenty

right, thinking of ordering two from j&r (great prices). i'll get them both replaced, or if i don't need to replace the both of them right now, at least i'll have one ready to use as soon as i need it!

anyway, before i make the order, does anyone on here know the spline count? i just want to make sure i'm ordering the correct ones. thanks...

right, thinking of ordering two from j&r (great prices). i'll get them both replaced, or if i don't need to replace the both of them right now, at least i'll have one ready to use as soon as i need it!

anyway, before i make the order, does anyone on here know the spline count? i just want to make sure i'm ordering the correct ones. thanks...

Just wanted to make sure you are aware these are not original but replica parts(i didnt realise someone pointed it out to me whilst i was reading up about it lol)

I didnt check the spline, i told them year make and engine of car they told me which one i needed and i didnt have any issues. Best to contact them to make sure. Lucky for my they where kind of local so i could go back if i did have problems.

aye mate, they state on the website that they're oe 'spec', not actual oem parts...

did you take the wheel off or get in behind it to make sure the boot is bust ?

just try your local motor factors for a cv joint if thats what it is

as for the engine, you may have an engine mount gone

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links