Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo Issues On Gt Four

JRDUNN

i recently bought a gt4 about 3 weeks ago now and after handing 3k over for the car ive went and had the rear arches rolled to sort the rubbing of the rear wheels because of the comically wide tyres the last owner fitted. other than the Axis deep dish wheels a HKS dump valve, a Nur spec R exhaust and a Starbo turbo timer the car is totally standard.

up until today the car has given me no issues what so ever but after a quick trip out in the car and on down changing for a roundabout the whole car starting bucking, while nursing the car back to my office i found that it ran fine under the turbo but when driving within the turbo it kept boosting and then dropping off. this has worried me badly.

ive had it suggested to me that the actuator may be to blame (best case) or the turbo is knackered (worst case)

any other theories. or indeed help on how to tackle the actuator as i am to believe a monkey as idiotic as myself can be instructed as to how to check that isnt sticking...

?????

thanks

Good call on the actuator, i wouldn't say its the turbo as you would really know about it. Before checking the actuator i would go through the basics and check all hoses for splits/leaks. Might be worth checking your car for error codes aswell, you can find out how to do this here www.gtfours.co.uk amazingly helpful site

Good call on the actuator, i wouldn't say its the turbo as you would really know about it. Before checking the actuator i would go through the basics and check all hoses for splits/leaks. Might be worth checking your car for error codes aswell, you can find out how to do this here www.gtfours.co.uk amazingly helpful site

ive followed this advice already by speaking to people on pistonheads. while checking the error codes i got a 54 which means intercooler fluid according to that site which im sure will be right.

so i followed instruction and started the engine to begin sorting the intercooler fluid aswell, not that i think this would be the main problem i have, then while it was running in idle the engine just stopped turning, slowly ground to a halt. now i really am at a loss and worried about how much this is gonna cost me.

any ideas???

cheers

Edit - Sorry just realised how old this thread is, prob sorted it by now ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links