Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice For 2005 Avensis Noise From Clutch Pedal

thanks from me!

Hello everyone, not a major issue but more of an annoyance. I have a sound from the drivers foot well when the clutch pedal is depressed.It sounds as a faint grinding sound but there is no ruffness in the feeling of the operation of the clutch, so i guess this rules out any wear in the cable. I intend to give a quick spray to the pedal linkages with wd40 but just wondering if any other owners have had the same problem and how you rectified the noise. The noise is not always present, just comes and goes. Though i have noticed that if i depress the pedal in quick succession the noise goes away for a while. Could it just be the cables dry?? by the way its a 1.8vvti on a 2005 plate with only 40k. Any suggestions be grately appreciated, before i go down the road of replacing cable..

Cheers....

If you look at the spring in the footwell on the pedal, it sometimes creaks. Apply a litle bit of grease to this and it should solve the problem. I did this 6 months ago on mine and it has been fine since

I had the same annoying type of noise

I found it to be the shaft from the back of the clutch pedal where it goes through the

bulk head to the master clutch /brake cylinder... I lubricated that with WD40 and ....the noise has gone ...hope this helps

Thanks for your comments, i will give them a try. good forum and prompt response thank guys (and girls)

There was also an issue with the master cylinder lining making the same sort of noise

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 4 years later...

this video might be help full for someone

i am having squeaky clutch pedal on my avensis 2.0 2005 diesel and looking forward to get it fixed over the weekend as have no time during the work days

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links