Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

6Speed Gear Knob For Tsport Corolla

captainoats

Hi all,

Had a quick search through and couldn't find anything related to my question (unless my choice of search words weren't that good so sorry if a repeat question!)

I am looking at purchasing a 6 speed gear knob to replace my curent 6 speed in my corolla Tsport as the red reverse selection on it is tarnished and annoying me. I have found a 6 speed knob (same as mine) but its for a corolla verso so i was wondering if anyone knows if they are the same and word fit in my 2003 53 plate tsport corolla (has the reverse option but this one isn't red but thats ok!)

thanks for your help

aaron

A few people have repaired them with great detail, they pop up on eBay from time to time

Hi all,

Had a quick search through and couldn't find anything related to my question (unless my choice of search words weren't that good so sorry if a repeat question!)

I am looking at purchasing a 6 speed gear knob to replace my curent 6 speed in my corolla Tsport as the red reverse selection on it is tarnished and annoying me. I have found a 6 speed knob (same as mine) but its for a corolla verso so i was wondering if anyone knows if they are the same and word fit in my 2003 53 plate tsport corolla (has the reverse option but this one isn't red but thats ok!)

thanks for your help

aaron

Im in the same boat and want another gear knob cause of the chrome flaking off. If all is wrong with yours is a tarnished reversed letter I'll take it off your hands :thumbsup:

I had the same issues, chrome flaking of, looked horrible.

So I did this.

IMAG0748.jpg

If you don't want to wrap, (other choices besides CF) then strip the chrome of, and re-paint. Someone on here has done that, looks good.

So I did this.

IMAG0748.jpg

If you don't want to wrap, (other choices besides CF) then strip the chrome of, and re-paint. Someone on here has done that, looks good.

I did this wrap to mine aswell after I painted it twice and both times it bubbled and looked crap.

Did everything right spraying wise it just dosent last the wrap is much better :thumbsup:

yes thats the one I am looking at on eBay and been talking to the seller. i wasn't sure if it would fit my tsport hence the question in here before i buy it

TSportVirgin! that looks really good. I have also found someone who sells the gear knob with LED lighting underneath so it lights up red at night and is connected to the cigar lighter. Looks really cool with the 6 speed and reverse all correctly setup and glows red at night. sweet.

yes thats the one I am looking at on ebay and been talking to the seller. i wasn't sure if it would fit my tsport hence the question in here before i buy it

So your my competition then lol Im sure there'll be a few off here interested as the flakey gear knob is very common.

So I did this.

IMAG0748.jpg

That dash looks very familiar...mine's near enough exactly the same! Nice work :thumbsup:

Our sister company do a selection of Sparco gear knobs, mainly to order but you can see what they do

SILVERSTONE AUTOSPORT

Kingo :thumbsup:

Out of interest Kingo.... is the direct Toyota replacement gear knob for a T Sport still a ridiculous £60ish?? :lol:

You is way out of touch Gaz laaaar............try over £100 :eek:

You is way out of touch Gaz laaaar............try over £100 :eek:

You what?!

It's not April 1st you know!!

LOL LOL LOL by chance today i decided to take the flaking chrome off my gear lever, and paint it black. Glad I did because £100 at least for a gear knob is an absolute joke!

Adam-Up Nooooo thats mine. I saw it first!! :crybaby:

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard of wrapping a gear knob before, where would I get that done or is it diy?

Marc

• 4 months later...

"You have to be a paying member to sell on TOC"

Who edited and posted this comment as I didn't say this. would be polite, as a moderator, to put your own name in it please!

"You have to be a paying member to sell on TOC"

I didn't post this.

Why has someone changed my comments when I asked a question. Isn't it normal for a forum moderator to answer and not edit/delete a posters comments as part of a constitution/guidelines?

• 6 months later...

theres nothing worse than a flakey knob!

I must be very lucky reading these and past post ,mine is crome and still like new

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links