Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transferring Iphone Contacts To The Phonebook

thunderkouneli

Hello, I have a Toyota IQ.

Unfortunately I have not been successful in transferring phone contacts from my iPhone 3GS. Other bluetooth functions work fine.

I get as far as the data transfer screen in phonebook management but then the screen states "Please transmit phonebook data from mobile phone" at this point I don't know what I should be doing. I have left this screen on for more than 30 minutes whilst driving but my contacts don't transfer.

Does anyone know what I should do to actually transfer the data ? Should I be doing something on my iPhone ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Thank you

Dont think it can be done, others on here have had the same issues with other cars/models, think it is an Apple issue

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hello, I have a Toyota IQ.

Unfortunately I have not been successful in transferring phone contacts from my iPhone 3GS. Other bluetooth functions work fine.

I get as far as the data transfer screen in phonebook management but then the screen states "Please transmit phonebook data from mobile phone" at this point I don't know what I should be doing. I have left this screen on for more than 30 minutes whilst driving but my contacts don't transfer.

Does anyone know what I should do to actually transfer the data ? Should I be doing something on my iPhone ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Thank you

Kingo is correct, I-phones do not connect well with anything other than very expensive cars or whatever Apple considers suitable!

However the problem you describe is something that I had with an old Nokia some time ago... Have a look in your phone handbook, there should be a method of sending a v-card which you can use one by one to transfer your contacts.

As an example, my I-pad can see the bluetooth on our Aygo, on my Prius and my mobile (which is not an i-phone,) it refuses to accept a pairing with any of them! Although the Aygo will pair with the Prius, and both cars pair with all the mobiles our family has...

Apple deserve to be second fiddle to Microsoft !!

Hi

We've got the latest toyota bluetooth kit in our iQ (not the one with built-in satnav, this is the one with the 7 button control unit mounted behind the gearlever).

No success at transferring phonebook from iPhone (in fact, if I'm not mistaken, there was a voice message which said something like 'function not available').

Voice tags work fine (once you've recorded the important numbers you're likely to use on the move).

Also, this blutooth kit allows streaming of music from your iPhone; just press the play/pause button on the control unit (don't forget to set mode to 'Aux' on the radio).

Dave

hmmm does it allow streaming? Have been wondering about that for ages on my Avensis, will give it a whirl

hmmm does it allow streaming? Have been wondering about that for ages on my Avensis, will give it a whirl

Absolutely !!

Just remember to set mode on radio to 'Aux'. I'm using the 7-button bluetooth controller (black rectangular unit, not the silver coloured 5-button controller)

Dave

Looked at the Toyota kit when ordering our IQ2.

Opted for a Parrot kit in the end tho ;-) bought a loom adaptor that allowed installation in about 15 minutes. Allows iPhone contacts to be transferred over, music streaming and never had any issues with it 'dropping out'. Uses the cars Speakers for output and has a small mic for outgoing. Small toggle for making / ending / volume control for phone & streaming very intuitive.

Def worth a look IMHO,

Si

Sending contacts from the iPhone singly is pretty straightforward, just go to that contact in the contacts app, scroll to the bottom and there is a button to "Share Contact". You can then send as either MMS or attached to an email as a V-Card, (.vcf suffix)

Don't know how the satnav/bluetooth work in the iQ, so can't help at that end of the deal I'm afraid. If you have all your contacts in 'Address Book' on the Mac, you could export a whole swathe of contacts into an email as .vcf's and send that way.

Final thing is there are a number of apps for bulk export via email direct from the iPhone on the iTunes Store.

• 11 years later...

AFinally I transferred my contact from my iPhone to my Kluger grande 2011 . 
1. Go on contacts , top left right you will see list . Click 

2.your list appears , press and hold for few secs , you will find export(.vcf file)DEE279AC-3489-41D5-902C-BA4DF1D56F7D.thumb.png.54429b21824e74207d793287309742b7.png1BCD2F1C-3E63-4AEA-9CD1-E0606ADB9ECF.thumb.png.ab15fdd32ca789734af412042cff3f73.png so export the file to android phone as Apple doesn’t  allow bluetooth transfer . Download the file . 

3, Now link that android phone to your car and you can transfer your contact file by sharing via bluetooth.