Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Removal

antecedo

Hey all - moved from my T Aygo to a Honda and now back to a Toyota 2.2 T180 - I pick it up on Thursday!

After looking though the forums, the thing I'm most worried about is the varying MPG readings everyone is getting...

I will, of course, check and clean the EGR valve when I get it (as this seems to be a common problem) and maybe feed it a diesel cleaner the first couple of tanks.

I was wondering really if anyone has had their DPF removed, how much it cost and whether it is worth getting it done? A couple of places offer this service for Toyotas, but I was under the impression that the ECU was too heavily encrypted to map (therefore how can you make it forget about a DPF?)

I'd really like some clearing up on this issue if anyone has any information on it it would be most appreciated! :)

Also is there anything else I can do, short of buying a tuning box (which has been covered elsewhere at least twice in great depth) to decrease fuel consumption?

could anyone recommend anywhere to get this type of work carried out?

**EDIT**

If cleaning the EGR valve gives as much improvement as shown in the guide on this forum, then surely removing a huge obstruction (the DPF) will produce significant gains in fuel economy?

**EDIT**

Thanks, to all in advance!

Grant.

The DPF on my T-180 cost over £700 to replace under warranty! So a very expensive bit of kit to go wrong. I dont think you'll have much joy in cracking the Denso Ecu to make it forget about the D-CAT. The other way to try and boost the Mpg is to use an air filter like K&N an run some BG244 in the fuel as this will help maitain the EGR valve. A tunning box like the ones that Kingo sells on here will gain you some Mpg and Bhp or the "Tunit" box. Other than that I can't think of anything else apart from using Shell V-Power derv in the motor and maybe run the tyres on 36psi :thumbsup:

Hi - I was doing some research and I found this-

http://www.sinspeed.co.uk/blog/tag/toyota-t180-dpf-removal/

looks like they did crack the denso! (at least to make it forget about regens etc)

If i get decent MPG with mine I think I will forget about the DPF - if it goes wrong its coming out! That being said I may get it removed if I get poor MPG - then that's one less thing to go wrong :D

thanks for your reply - from what I've heard there's not much difference between V power derv and Shell fuelsave derv? Any comments on this?

Grant.

...from what I've heard there's not much difference between V power derv and shell fuelsave derv? Any comments on this?

V Power has a chemical which helps it to turn from liquid to gas quicker than fuel save. I did a google search and there are loads of forums dedicated to this stuff, maybe you could find more doing a little research? I would help more but I'm at work and internet is limited here... (THEY BLOCKED GOOGLE?!)

I personally get an extra 8 mpg with V-Power, but I do a lot of motorway miles...

http://www.shell.ca/home/content/can-en/products_services/on_the_road/fuels/shell_vpower/

...from what I've heard there's not much difference between V power derv and shell fuelsave derv? Any comments on this?

V Power has a chemical which helps it to turn from liquid to gas quicker than fuel save. I did a google search and there are loads of forums dedicated to this stuff, maybe you could find more doing a little research? I would help more but I'm at work and internet is limited here... (THEY BLOCKED GOOGLE?!)

I personally get an extra 8 mpg with V-Power, but I do a lot of motorway miles...

I dont think you can better V-Power Derv or there Petrol. The last time I cleaned my EGR valve it had maybe about a 2mm dusting of light carbon on it that came off very easily. So I'm guessing that it must be doing some good :thumbsup:

http://www.sinspeed....80-dpf-removal/

looks like they did crack the denso! (at least to make it forget about regens etc)

If i get decent MPG with mine I think I will forget about the DPF - if it goes wrong its coming out! That being said I may get it removed if I get poor MPG - then that's one less thing to go wrong :D

thanks for your reply - from what I've heard there's not much difference between V power derv and shell fuelsave derv? Any comments on this?

Grant.

Thats an interesting link to the site. But I wonder how much it costs to get it removed? I think I'd rather wait till the DPF gave up the ghost and have it done then! How did they get round the Denso Ecu? Thats something I'd like to see data on :thumbsup:

thanks for your reply - from what I've heard there's not much difference between V power derv and shell fuelsave derv? Any comments on this?

Grant.

Thats an interesting link to the site. But I wonder how much it costs to get it removed? I think I'd rather wait till the DPF gave up the ghost and have it done then! How did they get round the Denso Ecu? Thats something I'd like to see data on :thumbsup:

Maybe ask them? If they are reasonable they should give a brief explaination surely?

Surely they should sell this information onto the many re-mapping businesses that should be scrambling to get their hands on how they did this! having remapped my old Honda civic 2.2 diesel S type and getting about 192BHP form 133BHP and achieving 55+MPG I would be very interested what they could do to my T180 in terms of power and fuel consumption! I would most certainly be one of their first customers! :D

I think, since it would probably be an expensive job, and without any real-life data on what it does for your car I will wait until the DPF gives up, which it is bound to do one day. But I'd like to see the data on the NOX etc etc so I can be sure that it will still be road legal after the new legislation comes into force!

Interesting numbers on the V power! +8mpg? I do a lot of motorway miles too and +8 is definitely worth paying slightly more at the pumps for!

Thanks!

Surely they should sell this information onto the many re-mapping businesses that should be scrambling to get their hands on how they did this! having remapped my old Honda civic 2.2 diesel S type and getting about 192BHP form 133BHP and achieving 55+MPG I would be very interested what they could do to my T180 in terms of power and fuel consumption! I would most certainly be one of their first customers! :D

I think, since it would probably be an expensive job, and without any real-life data on what it does for your car I will wait until the DPF gives up, which it is bound to do one day. But I'd like to see the data on the NOX etc etc so I can be sure that it will still be road legal after the new legislation comes into force!

Interesting numbers on the V power! +8mpg? I do a lot of motorway miles too and +8 is definitely worth paying slightly more at the pumps for!

Thanks!

8mpg is a very good return. I'm getting less than that with a "Tunit" box plugged in and using the V-Power plus BG244 and Mobil 1 ESP. But I'm not doing that much M-way miles in the T-180. Joining the V-Power club also give you point and that makes prizes! Well money off vouchers, and they have tripple points for the V-Power when you fill up atm :thumbsup:

Grant.

Maybe ask them? If they are reasonable they should give a brief explaination surely?

You know I might just do that an all :thumbsup:

where should I buy BG244 from? Gonna order it now ;)

where should I buy BG244 from? Gonna order it now ;)

From Powerenhancers... If you join the site (Free) and at check out type in 10% off everything else - no minimum order amount (Use offer code CLUB during checkout) You may get it cheaper if th offer is still running :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! :D I see they are also offering BG248 - bigger numbers better product no? :) I think 244 will be the one to go for because it's more expensive! :)

That website has changed recently.

It used to have a link to each manufacturer, then you could select your model and engine for estimated figures.

The only Toyota diesel engine they would give an estimate for, is the 1.4 D4D engine. So if they can't remap a 2.2 for power, then i doubt they can remap it to forget the DPF.

I have emailed these a few months ago, and most of the content i got back was self promotion about how they do a great job, and don't trust anyone else, blah blah etc etc. To be honest, they avoided any direct question relating to the 2.2, and this put me off them.

A very good mate of mine remaps cars for a living, and believe me when i tell you that he would love to be able to offer a remap or DPF removal for our cours, and i have offered my car as a guinea pig, but he assures me it can't be done. I'm inclined to believe him as there is no evidence anywhere that someone has had this done.

Just bought 2 lovely cans of BG244 ;) Thanks @Mistermena for the CLUB code! :):)

+1

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! :D I see they are also offering BG248 - bigger numbers better product no? :) I think 244 will be the one to go for because it's more expensive! :)

No probs mate :thumbsup:

I've not used the BG248 so I cant say what is like tbh. But with the BG244 they offer your money back if you're not happy with the results. It beats products like Forte hands down in my view. There are some very good user reviews on the site to take a look at an all :toast:

• 4 weeks later...

As this is a DPF removal feed, check this out...

An e-mail reply from Sinspeed, don't know what they're like, I'm not endorsing their products or methods, it's just a reply they sent me following my enquiry. Cheers.

"Hi Dave,

We currently have a massive promotion on and can offer to carry out the

complete DPF Removal session on your T180 for just £600.00 and this

includes the following:

Engine ECU Programming - This ensures the engine will still run optimally

after the DPF has been removed, with zero errors and guaranteed no Limp

mode.

Diesel Injection Tuning - This ensures that even after the DPF is removed,

the vehicle will not smoke and will still pass an MOT - We guarantee this

& that's something no other company can offer.

Physical DPF Removal - Unlike other companies, we don't chisel & hammer

away at your DPF or even replace it with an obvious straight delete pipe.

We take your DPF off and secure it in our Industrial Pillar Drill and bore

it out professionally to the spec of your exhaust system - this results in

a unique exhaust tone with optimum performance and power.

This complete removal process normally retails for £750.00, however for a

limited period were offering this same package at just £600.00.

Also, dependant on your location, we offer a free collect & return service

too.

For bookings, please call us on 0871 2887 666 or if you can reply with a

contact number, a member of our team will call you back.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Kind Regards,

Support Team

SINSPEED LTD"

Be interested to hear from anyone who tries this :)

So they claim to be able to remap the ECU in order to forget the DPF.

Sorry, but there is not a single tuner in the country who is offering remaps for these cars because the ECU is too encrypted to alter. If they can change the settings to forget an integral part of the emission's system, then they can get an extra 25% power from it too. Do you see them offering this service??

Are there any testimonies to verify this work?

• 4 months later...

Hi

I've just had to deliver my sr180 to the Toyota garage which is out of warranty due to a problem with the Dpf. At the moment I'm not sure if I'm looking at a replacement but a colleague has mentioned about having the Dpf programmed out of the ecu rather than replacement.

Has anyone had this done yet and if so any feedback?

Lisa

Yes, I'd be interested in this too - if it works. I'm wondering if they've actually done this to a 2.2 D4-D yet, because if they haven't it's probably a non-starter with the Denso ECU (as stated before). If they have managed it, it would open the door to a much cheaper & longer term fix to this recurring & expensive issue.

you cant drill the dpf out!!!unless you get a flexable drill bit it has a 90 deg bend on the turbo end and a 45 deg fixing exhaust end.....the labour time to remove the dpf is around 9 hours

incase youve not seen one heres two that have been removed in the last few weeks

376524_2076107042610_1843016754_1382298_319444976_n.jpg

We currently have a massive promotion on and can offer to carry out the

complete DPF Removal session on your T180 for just £600.00 and this

includes the following:

Engine ECU Programming - This ensures the engine will still run optimally

after the DPF has been removed, with zero errors and guaranteed no Limp

mode.

Diesel Injection Tuning - This ensures that even after the DPF is removed,

the vehicle will not smoke and will still pass an MOT - We guarantee this

& that's something no other company can offer.

Physical DPF Removal - Unlike other companies, we don't chisel & hammer

away at your DPF or even replace it with an obvious straight delete pipe.

We take your DPF off and secure it in our Industrial Pillar Drill and bore

it out professionally to the spec of your exhaust system - this results in

a unique exhaust tone with optimum performance and power.

This complete removal process normally retails for £750.00, however for a

limited period we’re offering this same package at just £600.00.

Copy and Paste standard reply me thinks! Bar the T180.

You really would want the contact details of previous customers.

Exactly ! Has it been done to a T180 or SR180 at all ? If so, does it work & still pass an MOT ?

As an aside topic here, can anyone tell me the actual mechanical/technical differences between a T180 & an SR please ?

Exactly ! Has it been done to a T180 or SR180 at all ? If so, does it work & still pass an MOT ?

As an aside topic here, can anyone tell me the actual mechanical/technical differences between a T180 & an SR please ?

IIRC its basically keyless entry, sunroof and a few other bits on the T180, no mechanical changes between the 2.