Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seatbelts - How To Stop Them Disappearing To The Side Of The Seats

dash

Hi All...

Has any owner come up with a way stopping the belts disappearing to the side of the seats after unbuckling?

The gap between seats and doors is very tight resulting in increased risk of scratching the door panels when accessing the seat belts.

Also, the passenger buckle tends to rattle against the trim if the passenger seat is unoccupied.

It would be good if there was a way of making the belt stay put on the outer edge of the seat when removed.

It just about stays there of its own accord, but usually slips back down the side again before getting a chance to grab it when entering the car.

Any ideas?

Dave

What about those extender things that you put at the door jamb end of the seatbelt when you have obese passengers or people with limited reach? should both keep it out of the gap and stop it rattling???

:thumbsup:

Hi All...

Has any owner come up with a way stopping the belts disappearing to the side of the seats after unbuckling?

The gap between seats and doors is very tight resulting in increased risk of scratching the door panels when accessing the seat belts.

Also, the passenger buckle tends to rattle against the trim if the passenger seat is unoccupied.

It would be good if there was a way of making the belt stay put on the outer edge of the seat when removed.

It just about stays there of its own accord, but usually slips back down the side again before getting a chance to grab it when entering the car.

Any ideas?

Dave

A couple of years ago when this problem was first noticed a solution was to buy some "seat belt buttons" which are those little plastic rivet-like things that are easily fitted to seat belts to stop the buckle from moving too far, and position a new button on the belt where you want the buckle to not move past..if you follow me.There are already buttons on the belts but not in the best position, in my opinion.

I have one each on the front belts which hold the buckles up against the slot in the pillar when not in use and two in the rear belts which keep the buckles from rattling on the side panels, without having to use that slot arrangement which loosens up with time.

I asked Kingo to source and supply them and it didn't seem to be a problem for him to get them.

Hi All...

Any ideas?

Dave

A couple of years ago when this problem was first noticed a solution was to buy some "seat belt buttons" which are those little plastic rivet-like things that are easily fitted to seat belts to stop the buckle from moving too far, and position a new button on the belt where you want the buckle to not move past..if you follow me.There are already buttons on the belts but not in the best position, in my opinion.

I have one each on the front belts which hold the buckles up against the slot in the pillar when not in use and two in the rear belts which keep the buckles from rattling on the side panels, without having to use that slot arrangement which loosens up with time.

I asked Kingo to source and supply them and it didn't seem to be a problem for him to get them.

These seat belt buttons are available from any Toyota dealership I bought them and fitted them solved the problem of the buckle going down too far you can position the buckle near the top makes it easier to get hold of too.

Thanks for those ideas.

The buttons look like a good idea for reducing rattles, I'll be getting some of those ;)

However, still wanting something to restrain the seatbelts to the front edge of the seats after being removed.

I've seen hooks which attach to the headrest stems, but obviously these can't be used on the iQ's integrated headrests...

Dave

post-33806-0-65486300-1310812657_thumb.j

Thanks for those ideas.

The buttons look like a good idea for reducing rattles, I'll be getting some of those ;)

However, still wanting something to restrain the seatbelts to the front edge of the seats after being removed.

I've seen hooks which attach to the headrest stems, but obviously these can't be used on the iQ's integrated headrests...

Dave

I suppose I have the seats quite far back so the button I have put in the belt holds the buckle up at the B pillar belt slot which is about level with the front edge of the seat.It is quite easy to reach from there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links