Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Biodiesel Conversion

Arjuna

Hello friends

I want to start a important discussion and see how knowledge can be shared. Has anyone converted a 1kzte (Turbo EFI version) engine to run on Waste Vegitable Oil (WVO) or Virgin Vegetable Oil (VVO) dual tank or single tank system? Since the engine is non direct injection it is a super candidate to convert.

1. If someone has experience in this please share as much details since I am about to make a conversion. Particualry interested in WVO and home made biodiesel.

2. If there are problems in running please share experiences. I already know about the temperature issues but are there any other issues to worry on the fuel system.

3. If there is a tried and tested DIY conversion please recommend. I have already done lot of research and there is doubt which on to go with Toyota.

Regards

Arjuna

Hello friends

I want to start a important discussion and see how knowledge can be shared. Has anyone converted a 1kzte (Turbo EFI version) engine to run on Waste Vegitable Oil (WVO) or Virgin Vegetable Oil (VVO) dual tank or single tank system? Since the engine is non direct injection it is a super candidate to convert.

1. If someone has experience in this please share as much details since I am about to make a conversion. Particualry interested in WVO and home made biodiesel.

2. If there are problems in running please share experiences. I already know about the temperature issues but are there any other issues to worry on the fuel system.

3. If there is a tried and tested DIY conversion please recommend. I have already done lot of research and there is doubt which on to go with Toyota.

Regards

Arjuna

my only experience is that veg oil does seem to disolve the seals on the fuel pump, causing leaks

there is a rebuild kit with modern seals designed to cope better with bio diesels and the like

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links