Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tyres

mikef63

the front michelin primacy's are about to be replaced on my 2.0 d4d sr and was wondering what people are using. i didnt find the primacy's gave much confidence in the wet. tyre sizes are 225/45/r17/91y, a couple of tyre suppliers have recommended goodyear assymetric f1.anybody tried them?

the front michelin primacy's are about to be replaced on my 2.0 d4d sr and was wondering what people are using. i didnt find the primacy's gave much confidence in the wet. tyre sizes are 225/45/r17/91y, a couple of tyre suppliers have recommended goodyear assymetric f1.anybody tried them?

Hi, i have a toyota corolla tsport and i had those michelin tyres and found they werent that good either... On my previous car i had the goodyear eagle F1 tyres and they were even worse because the tread design doesnt allow sufficent water dispersal. So wen you drive through a puddle you'd get dragged towards the kerb... Ive just had a full set of brand new Bridgestone Turanza tyres and they are by far the best in both the dry and espcially the wet. Hope this helps.

Uniroyal tyre range, any is good in the wet (its their market), but I reccommend the Rainmaster 2 series

A couple of posts up it's mentioned that the car pulled to the kerb because of insufficient water dispersal. My immediate thought is that it is actually due to good dispersal and that effect is caused by the extra "friction" or energy needed to push the water out of the way and that the tyre was able to accommodate that extra water.

I had some Conti Eco Contact 3's put on my Yaris and I have to say they're surprisingly good in the wet for a low-resistance tyre!

Continental seem to generally have a good reputation for wet weather running.

Our 8 yr old Corolla 4dr had new tyres all round a couple of weeks ago. It only does a low mileage (25k in 8ys) and the original tyres were cracking badly in the tread themselves, you could get a thin knife halfway down to the canvas.

Anyway, rang QuickFit (as you do) and was told these were an "odd" tyre size (they are quite a high profile but obviously standard Corolla fitment) and that only Bridgestone made them. Special offer of four for the price of three... £495. Another independent tyre place quoted £390 for four and Mr T said that for the age and mileage/use the car does MAXXIS tyres would be a good choice. All fitted for £260.

http://www.maxxis.com/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links