Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear License Plate Light Lens Removal?

Big Peter

I have some white LED lights that I wish to put in the rear license plate light units, anyone know how to remover the plastic lens cover, the manual is rubbish and doesn't seem correct!!! Why can't they have the usual small screws!

I took them off my old Aygo when we traded it in for the Verso-S. I had a set in the front daylight and a set in the rear license plate lenses, looks great as very white and draw less watts.

Any help much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

i have smd led bulbs in my number plate lights.

both fittings are the same, on the right hand side of each fitting on the black plastic surround you need to insert a flat screw driver and push the tab to the left and pull the fitting out, it isnt easy by any means but it can be done just be patient

• 2 weeks later...

both fittings are the same, on the right hand side of each fitting on the black plastic surround you need to insert a flat screw driver and push the tab to the left and pull the fitting out, it isnt easy by any means but it can be done just be patient

Ok i'll have a go thanks! Not sure what a flat screw driver is though?

Worked a treat, looks nice with the LED, also got them in the front side lights, look real nice white/blue.

• 1 month later...

Worked a treat, looks nice with the LED, also got them in the front side lights, look real nice white/blue.

Guys, what LED bulbs did you get? I'm looking to do the exact same thing, but I can't find information that doesn't conflict somewhere else, so totally confused!

What LED type are they?

Guys, what LED bulbs did you get? I'm looking to do the exact same thing, but I can't find information that doesn't conflict somewhere else, so totally confused!

What LED type are they?

If you go to E-Bay, type in item 270551558384, you get 2 in a pack so if you want to do the front dipped lights and the rear licence plate ones your need 2 packs. Pretty easy to do, once you you put them in make sure they work, if in the wrong way around they won't work if I remember correctly, so you need to pull out and put the other way around in the bulb holder.

What LED type are they?

If you go to E-Bay, type in item 270551558384, you get 2 in a pack so if you want to do the front dipped lights and the rear licence plate ones your need 2 packs. Pretty easy to do, once you you put them in make sure they work, if in the wrong way around they won't work if I remember correctly, so you need to pull out and put the other way around in the bulb holder.

Cheers my friend - did the licence plate ones with some others I already had, but they don't seem that bright in daylight - will have to wait until it gets dark to have a proper look. I also forgot to mention, I have an IQ, but it is the same fitting it seems.

• 2 years later...