Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Machine Polishing A Guide...

CharlieFarlie

Hi Charlie.

We would like to keep the lovely finish/shine that we have on the Blue Rav,and i have had Autoglym products recommended to me,the shampoo and conditioner and the SRP, with Colinite 915 as a top coat.

Can i ask what your thoughts are on the AG stuff.

Now i haven't waxed a car for years and that was using Turtle wax and by hand,come to think of it i don't wash the car anymore either,but will make an effoort for this one :wacko:

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Paul. Auto glym is reasonable kit but SRP (Super resin Polish) will not keep the shine as its just that a very mild polish.. It does however have excellent filling properties. If a dark coloured car has swirling it will reduce the visibility of the swirling..

Collinite is an excellent wax and One I use a lot.. So keep using it ! It has awesome durability so will only need applying 2 or 3 times a Year.

The secret with collinite is to apply as thinly as possible say a wing or half a bonnet and remove immediately with a soft microfibre. Do not allow it to cure or it will be extremely hard to remove.

The other and most important factor is good washing techniques .. Always use fresh clean water and a decent shampoo and a good quality clean sponge.. I use B&Q grouting sponges which hold a tremendous amount of water that aids car washing.. Do not allow grit into the bucket any signs of this just change the water ASAP. HTH

Charlie.

Do not allow grit into the bucket any signs of this just change the water ASAP. HTH

I find the 'two bucket' method helps - keep a separate bucket of water for rinsing the sponge to reduce the potential for grit and other nasties getting into the washing water.

You may want to try a sheepskin Flossie [steady on there chaps] wash mit too. They are great for getting into joints and details where a sponge will often ride over.

Hi Charlie.

We would like to keep the lovely finish/shine that we have on the Blue Rav,and i have had Autoglym products recommended to me,the shampoo and conditioner and the SRP, with Colinite 915 as a top coat.

Now i haven't waxed a car for years and that was using Turtle wax and by hand,come to think of it i don't wash the car anymore either,but will make an effoort for this one :wacko:

Paul. Auto glym is reasonable kit but SRP (Super resin Polish) will not keep the shine as its just that a very mild polish.. It does however have excellent filling properties. If a dark coloured car has swirling it will reduce the visibility of the swirling..

Collinite is an excellent wax and One I use a lot.. So keep using it ! It has awesome durability so will only need applying 2 or 3 times a Year.

The secret with collinite is to apply as thinly as possible say a wing or half a bonnet and remove immediately with a soft microfibre. Do not allow it to cure or it will be extremely hard to remove.

The other and most important factor is good washing techniques .. Always use fresh clean water and a decent shampoo and a good quality clean sponge.. I use B&Q grouting sponges which hold a tremendous amount of water that aids car washing.. Do not allow grit into the bucket any signs of this just change the water ASAP. HTH

Charlie.

Now then my mate! I always thought that you should never use a sponge when washing a car, in the same way that a chamois leather to dry a car. I thought that a wash mitt was the best way with a 2 system bucket method? after using a power washer and then maybe a Snow Foam lance?

Do not allow grit into the bucket any signs of this just change the water ASAP. HTH

I find the 'two bucket' method helps - keep a separate bucket of water for rinsing the sponge to reduce the potential for grit and other nasties getting into the washing water.

You may want to try a sheepskin Flossie [steady on there chaps] wash mit too. They are great for getting into joints and details where a sponge will often ride over.

It does but My neighbours think Im barmy as it is without carting two buckets round the car, Beside which I snowfoam and jet wash before washing with a sponge.. 9 times out of ten a sponge wash is not necessary as the paint is polished and waxed very well so muck ect doesn't stick

Hi Charlie.

Charlie.

Now then my mate! I always thought that you should never use a sponge when washing a car, in the same way that a chamois leather to dry a car. I thought that a wash mitt was the best way with a 2 system bucket method? after using a power washer and then maybe a Snow Foam lance?

A clean sponge is just as safe as a clean wash mit.. Sorry but wash mits are Errrrr a bit !Removed! ??

So is the two bucket wash and a bit overkill in My opinion but fair call to those that do it that way... And Yes Snow Foam and power wash before sponge washing is the way I do it....

I have never inflicted scratches or swirling doing it as above.... :thumbsup:

Hi Charlie.

Charlie.

A clean sponge is just as safe as a clean wash mit.. Sorry but wash mits are Errrrr a bit !Removed! ??

So is the two bucket wash and a bit overkill in My opinion but fair call to those that do it that way... And Yes Snow Foam and power wash before sponge washing is the way I do it....

I use 2 wash mitts! So does that mean I'm doubley !Removed!? :blink::lol: Or just very happy? :yahoo:

Hi Charlie.

Charlie.

I use 2 wash mitts! So does that mean I'm doubley !Removed!? :blink::lol: Or just very happy? :yahoo:

A few Years ago I used to buy all My gear from the States back when there was $2to the £. I bought this great big fancy bucket with a yellow dolley type thin on 3 castor wheels and wait for it a Yellow seat !!! £60 it was !!!!! Its that big and fancy I've never used it !!! its been sat in the back of the shed as I will not have it in the garage......... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Charlie.

Charlie.

OK thanks Charlie :thumbsup:

So what should i use,or what would you suggest??

There are no swirl marks in the paintwork and i'm hoping to keep it that way :blink:

I usually wash the car off first with the hose pipe,then use the soapy water,rinse it off again with the hose,and i have always used a chamois to dry it,why is this a bad thing to do now??

Hi Charlie.

Charlie.

There are no swirl marks in the paintwork and i'm hoping to keep it that way :blink:

I usually wash the car off first with the hose pipe,then use the soapy water,rinse it off again with the hose,and i have always used a chamois to dry it,why is this a bad thing to do now??

Good grief I almost forgot !!! NEVER EVER use a chamois leather !!!!!! . Use a soft microfibre drying towel this is My favourite ..

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/miracle-dryer-ultra-plush-25-x-36-/prod_362.html

And spray a mist of this over the car after rinsing while the car is still wet...

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detailing-sprays/meguiars-last-touch/prod_225.html

This detailing spray will see the water lay on the car fall away. It will also top up Your wax as well . It leaves all surfaces including windows gleaming and streak free when towelled over

I actually buy it in a 25 litre drum !!!

A chamois leather will inflict more damage and swirl marks than a randy hedgehog !!!

One You have used a detailing spray and a good drying towel You will never look back.. Promise !!!...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Charlie.

No sorry Charlie, I tried a randy hedgehog just before it went into hibernation and it was worse than a leather.

No sorry Charlie, I tried a randy hedgehog just before it went into hibernation and it was worse than a leather.

Hell on the hands too eh ?? :unsure:

Charlie.

Hi Charlie.

Charlie.

Good grief I almost forgot !!! NEVER EVER use a chamois leather !!!!!! . Use a soft microfibre drying towel this is My favourite ..

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/miracle-dryer-ultra-plush-25-x-36-/prod_362.html

And spray a mist of this over the car after rinsing while the car is still wet...

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detailing-sprays/meguiars-last-touch/prod_225.html

This detailing spray will see the water lay on the car fall away. It will also top up Your wax as well . It leaves all surfaces including windows gleaming and streak free when towelled over

I actually buy it in a 25 litre drum !!!

A chamois leather will inflict more damage and swirl marks than a randy hedgehog !!!

One You have used a detailing spray and a good drying towel You will never look back.. Promise !!!...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Charlie.

:oops: I've been using a chamois too ... and even worse I've been using it on a black car! Time to get the microfibre towel out. Thanks for the good advice Charlie :thumbsup:

I have had a couple of cars that look as if they were washed with an Hedgehog :lol: :lol:but will try and keep em away from this one.

Sammy the Shammy is now disposed of of. :thumbsup: