Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Discs And Pads

duncanTsport

I found these on eBay and was wondering if anyone had used them? are they any different to standard?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COROLLA-T-SPORT-FR-RE-DRILLED-GROOVED-BRAKE-DISCS-PADS-/320525114763?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa0c91d8b#ht_2079wt_907

If these are no good can anyone recommend any good uprated brakes?

If you look on eBay you can get a full set of STD discs & pads for £99 delivered, add to that a set of Ferodo DS2500 front pads & you'll be cookin on gas for roughly the same money!

The discs in your eBay link will reduce braking force because there is less surface area.

B)

better to get these instead and cheaper too... (to the best of my recollection, they're just the same size/fit as the standard T-sport) perhaps someone could correct me or corroborate

http://www.mtecbrakes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_35_62&products_id=15016

although i'd replace the pads with ferodo ones (for the front at least, i'm not entirely sure if they would be the same as the back, they don't sell rear ones)

does anyone have a good suggestion for some rear pads? mine are a little worn after a year or two and a rather energetic weekend in the highlands.

Paul

i have the mtec discs, just the grooved ones as i dont like drilled discs and they are good, very good. thats about all i can say lol its worth the money (£56 quid for front discs and £20 for pads), havn't made them fade yet :thumbsup: gives a lot more confidence

Another +1 for the MTEC disc set. Cant fault them

The black coating that they do looks nice! it will probably stop the discs rusting too

MTEC here too Drilled and Grooved on the front with the Mintex pads and no problems at all.

sorry to Hijack but..

Since upgrading my wheels from 15" to 17" should I buy bigger/better brakes?

sorry to Hijack but..

Since upgrading my wheels from 15" to 17" should I buy bigger/better brakes?

You don't need to, I would imagine it would cost a few quid to do it too

Yo uwont need bigger brakes unless you have also added another 100bhp!

ahh cool, well I might be in the market for new discs soon so I might re-consider then :) cheers

im running m tec grooved and mintex pads with braided hoses from fensport, that does my braking needs to the full.

I thought about a big break kit when i fitted 17" alloys but spending £500 just for looks if overkill!

Luke

really need to change my brakes if you guys are saying that they are ok cause mine are utter ******* :D

I just need a quick bit of advice. which is better to go for drilled and grooved or dimpled and grooved?

I just need a quick bit of advice. which is better to go for drilled and grooved or dimpled and grooved?

Any will be better than what you have at the moment, I think most of us have gone for drilled and grooved

how do these m-tecs feel under your foot

im guessing that the overall strength with there pads might be a bit higher, but youd need braided hoses for a much stronger feel

as for the drilled versions , has anyone suffered from cracking around the holes or severe fatigue

cheers ,need my rears changing

I've been rocking the MTEC drilled, grooved discs for over 2 years now and have had no issues with cracking or fatigue :thumbsup:

I've been rocking the MTEC drilled, grooved discs for over 2 years now and have had no issues with cracking or fatigue :thumbsup:

cheers ,looks like il purchase end of the month after i get raped for road tax :lol:

No cracking on mine and the feel under foot seems to have got better as they have bedded in

• 2 months later...

For those who have bought from Mtec what brand of discs did you get?

I've bought from them before for my last car but this was 5 years ago and I got Delphi ones sent, just wondering if they're still the same?

I've also seen these on eBay and they said they send either Mintex or Blueprint discs, depending on what's in stock.

• 5 weeks later...