Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattle Rattle

apat17

I am aware that there are a few issues regarding rattles on the Auris. However I have racked my head trying to find one behind the dash on the passenger side. It is extremely noticable when the car is ticking over but goes away when given some revs. I lifted of the part of the dash near the window as it said on another thread that it could be the connection to the air vent. i pretty certain its not coming from this. Has anyone any ideas what this might be? 2008 D4D T Spirit.

I am aware that there are a few issues regarding rattles on the Auris. However I have racked my head trying to find one behind the dash on the passenger side. It is extremely noticable when the car is ticking over but goes away when given some revs. I lifted of the part of the dash near the window as it said on another thread that it could be the connection to the air vent. i pretty certain its not coming from this. Has anyone any ideas what this might be? 2008 D4D T Spirit.

could it be behind the glove boxes,maybe the damper on the box iid is loose.

... Or what about the pollen filter if it lives behind the glovebox (sorry, not sure where it is on the 2008 model). I had a rattle from the same area on my old Avensis and it turned out to be the pollen filter cover had come lose.

Are you sure it's inside the cabin and not somewhere in the engine compartment? I don't know where the bonnet stay is on the Auris but could it be something as simple as that?

Rattles/noises in cars are strange beasts and quite often originate in a totally different place to where they appear to be coming from. :unsure:

You're very fortunate that it manifests itself when you are idling so you can identify the source when the car is stationary in your drive.

Obviously, you are sure the rattle is from the dash on the passenger side, or sould be the footwell.

The first thing I would do is empty the glove box(es) and check around them then, (as suggested by daveyb and acetip) to remove the glovebox and check. If still there, remove the pollen filter and check around the area there. Turn the fan on and off while you have these items out.

I know that I have an identical rattle, but I put it down to the stuff I have in the boxes there. NOw I'll have to go through the same process as you will as you have me worried.

Hope this helps

Krait

I had this on our T180, you will find this is the pipe from the airbox under the bonnet and I fixed this by using a rubber washer under the pin that hold this to the bodywork.

• 2 weeks later...

In full agreement with Ricky. Had the same symptoms and took it into Mr T. Mine had more rattle than Jimmy Saville riding a bike down a cobbled street. They sorted it out and told me the airbox had come loose and sorted it out and put some extra insulation around the airbox connetor. Also cleaned the EGR valve out whilst it was in. A1 job Inchcape Burton.

Hi PADDYLAD,

I bought my car from Inchcape Burton and I have to say they were fantastic.

I got a real bargain and they could not do enough to make me happier by fixing even the smallest details. And I live 150 miles due South of them.

I would recommend them anytime to anyone.

Krait

The passenger side rattle in mine was resolved by removing the missus.

Sorry guys had to do it :)

Anyone have experience of Ron Brookes Mansfield at all?.....booked in there for a service and warranty check over Thurs morning.

I have my car back from service at Ron Brooks Mansfield, they were amazing :toast: ....a major service and they also ordered me a new gear knob on warranty as the silver paint had worn out.

In addition they cleaned my EGR valve for me and reset the ECU and then updated it to the latest version - all for FREE :yahoo:

They also went through all of the visual checks and gave me a very enticing quote for the Toyota service plan.

They then said that they will complete the speed sensitive connections on my factory fitted stereo for me if I find all of the details for them as they had not come across this before.

Customer service is another level (I know you told me so PADDYLAD before you say it mate).

They did more than I could have expected or hoped for :D :yes:

Anyone have experience of Ron Brookes Mansfield at all?.....booked in there for a service and warranty check over Thurs morning.

I will make this short and sweet, Ron Brooks Mansfield the best dealer we have ever dealt with and maybe just a shame their salesman do not follow requests for prices and figures as we might have been more tempted with a new Toyota if they had. I will also add the local Honda dealer was no better but the poor attitude of these salesman was their loss and fish brothers gain.

I will make this short and sweet, Ron Brooks Mansfield the best dealer we have ever dealt with and maybe just a shame their salesman do not follow requests for prices and figures as we might have been more tempted with a new Toyota if they had. I will also add the local Honda dealer was no better but the poor attitude of these salesman was their loss and fish brothers gain.

Thanks Rick,

I actually went Honda to Toyota, Honda were good and the car I had was ultra reliable, economical and very practical...exactly what i wanted and was sorry to see it go. Honda service was really good too, however I have never had anything like the service from Ron Brooks which is very pleasing as I entered the unknown and did not know what to expect at all.

The Toyota is more fun to drive as I went for the SR180, however you do pay for this with (at least double) fuel costs....it was the right move at the right time for me personally and I am more than pleased. Likewise I was with my Honda up until the very end and I hope that you have as much enjoyment and hassle-free driving as I did!