Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Petrol Tank And Tescos

MLW2233

Thats the way the gauge on mine behaves - stays at full until I have done at least 120 miles.

I haven't run it as low as 2 bars yet but that time must come at some point !

It all sounds normal. The worst fill-up I had was once where I just couldn't get the nozzle in the right place, and I began to doubt that I knew how much fuel I needed to put in. I left the petrol station with half the intended amount, went down the dual carriage way and back at the next roundabout, and used a different pump. Thankfully, that has only happened the once, and although the pump nozzle position can be sensitive I don't usually have it cut-off repeatedly like it did that day!

I've had the clicking pump thing at times too... It happens when the pump shut off is set too finely for some reason.... And there apparently is a time limit on them too, if the clicking makes you take too long to fill up, the pump shuts off anyway!

As you say, moving to a different pump solves the problem.

The return mechanisms on loads of petrol pumps are broken. That's why they constantly click off. It's rarely the car at fault.

The return mechanisms on loads of petrol pumps are broken. That's why they constantly click off. It's rarely the car at fault.

It's curious how they all broke just after I bought my Prius ;)

With all my other cars previous to the Prius, I've just been able to stuff the nozzle right into the filler pipe, but with the Prius I have to hold the noozle out a little bit (it's still within the filler pipe but the nozzle shoulder bit isn't resting against anything), as otherwise the petrol pump would indeed click off all the time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links