Scion Iq 2012

wez_kc

post-74588-0-95144200-1311201995_thumb.j

post-74588-0-73583500-1311202005_thumb.j

post-74588-0-31398800-1311202017_thumb.j

post-74588-0-48792300-1311202027_thumb.j

post-74588-0-44534200-1311202043_thumb.j

Hi all

Been following the Scion IQ for a while, whats the chances of a UK facelift maybe next year looking like this? in short i love it!! the front end ive always thought as been the weak link on the IQ emphasising the width and looking a bit cartoony but this is more like it!! a lot better proprotions and quite aggressive also makes it look like a mini transformer!! in the burnt orange with the new wheel trims well i'm in love and i want it!! surely toyota will facelift the Iq next year and its gotta be this there noit gonna spend loads on a different facelift for us?? Whats everyones thoughts?? i have a 59 plate IQ2 and if this launches here next year then i'm upgrading! new interior facelift and new wheels SOLD. PS the burnt orange looks amazing with the new image here currently have a black and was tempted to get silver but orange looks amazing on this!!

Not so sure. It seems to have lost it's character and become 'sterile' looking.

Dave

Not so sure. It seems to have lost it's character and become 'sterile' looking.

Dave

I have a 59 plate IQ2 and for me I think they got the body styling just right. Mine is Pearl White and with 18inch low profile think it looks the nuts!! I had not seen an IQ before I went into the showroom only heard of them.but I guess it was fate,it had only been in the showroom a day and I bought it without even sitting in it. I was so attracted to it.Looking at the pic's of the Scion , I don't get that same buzz.

David

Remember the combined MPG given there is on a 'US gallon of 3.78 litres' rather than an 'Imperial gallon of 4.54 litres'.

george

The last picture is closest to my black iQ3 to be able to properly compare and personally I prefer my UK shape.

Tough crowd lol my question was if this is likley to be the face lift or will europe get something different, as you may know Toyota usually refresh the bumpers every 3 years or so. Thanks for the mostly negative comments I love my current IQ like you all, but would happily upgrade to this.

The only thing the same on the current IQ3 to this Scion model is the exclusive Decuma Grey paint and the probs 16 or 17 inch size rims, the actually rims and the front bumper are totally different. Its hardly a different shape, its a tweak to the front bumper and from what ive seen a silver insert like a skirt on the lower back bumper which hides the wires and suspension has been added which is deffo an improvement.

this is them side by side front view surely someone else would go for the revised one if you had to choose out of the two?

post-74588-0-78257400-1312322291_thumb.j

this is them side by side front view surely someone else would go for the revised one if you had to choose out of the two?

I still prefer the UK one, I just think it looks neater, but I agree about the added part on the rear bumper, not being able to see the rear suspension makes it look tidier. I almost went for the Sport Pack for this very reason.

I still prefer the UK one, I just think it looks neater, but I agree about the added part on the rear bumper, not being able to see the rear suspension makes it look tidier. I almost went for the Sport Pack for this very reason.

Yeah i want the rear skirt but can't justify the price! wonder wether they'll sell this Scion part hahah

• 2 weeks later...

Tough crowd lol my question was if this is likley to be the face lift or will europe get something different, as you may know Toyota usually refresh the bumpers every 3 years or so. Thanks for the mostly negative comments I love my current IQ like you all, but would happily upgrade to this.

The only thing the same on the current IQ3 to this Scion model is the exclusive Decuma Grey paint and the probs 16 or 17 inch size rims, the actually rims and the front bumper are totally different. Its hardly a different shape, its a tweak to the front bumper and from what ive seen a silver insert like a skirt on the lower back bumper which hides the wires and suspension has been added which is deffo an improvement.

Hi Firstly I have to say I love everything about the iQ and have nothing to say bad about it.

The pic on the left looks like it has Attitude where as the one on the right looks like it ia laughing with its mouth open Like it just came off the animated film Cars 2

David

Do you mean the other way Round?? If so I agree but that's not a bad thing. I do think the new bumper is less cute?

Do you mean the other way Round?? If so I agree but that's not a bad thing. I do think the new bumper is less cute?

Ha I really don't know. I know what your saying about the white one. I am warming to it but have come fixated on the top grill,I just don't like it that W.I.D.E !!! Lovely colour though. Thanks for all the pic's

David

Yeah i want the rear skirt but can't justify the price! wonder wether they'll sell this Scion part hahah

Wonder if the Scion rear skirt fits UK spec rear bumpers...

Early this year i removed the rear Sport Skirt the Dealer had fitted to my Ex-demo iQ.

It had gathered about 10 kg of frozen compressed slush.

First few days it thawed and dropped off, but after 5 weeks of below 0 degrees i had had enough.

It was bad enough during & after trips in the snowy roads getting the solid ice/slush out of the rear wheel arches & the area without covers which are absolute traps for causing a frozen mass, without carrying the extra mass in the rear skirt.

(There were times that i came to turn at a junction & had restricted lock with the Ice build up in the front arches, the mud flaps were the first thing removed.)

Sometimes function is more important than style IMO.

The rear mud guards also just trap more snow in the arches.

Under the arches will be sprayed with Silicon Spray this winter to help release the blocks of ice easier.

george